Scammed on the GTN

xxZiriusxx

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

74 pages later and only Heat-wave and Reno's last few posts have been far more entertaining than the rest.

It is very likely the thread is a trolling attempt. Like I mentioned earlier, what "new player" has 1.9 million credits in the first place (unless bought from a gold seller, which I am willing to bet is against EULA)? Other than that, as mentioned by others, clicking things on GTN has in-game weight, unlike real life where there are various safety nets. One has to take responsibility for his actions.

Edited by Strajder

It is very likely the thread is a trolling attempt. Like I mentioned earlier, what "new player" has 1.9 million credits in the first place (unless bought from a gold seller, which I am willing to bet is against EULA)? Other than that, as mentioned by others, clicking things on GTN has in-game weight, unlike real life where there are various safety nets. One has to take responsibility for his actions.

Or he bought some cartel packs and sold them? Just saying 1.9mil isn't a lot of creds anymore and there are a lot of ways to get them even early on without resorting to use goldselling sites.

Edited by Knorlac

I would say i'm a new player, as my char is now up to level 28, and that being my highest out of the 2 I have. I've made closer to 5M in credits thanks to how people pay insane amounts for certain low level materials. It might not be a norm that new players get loads of money, but it's not that weird idea when considering players that put a bit of effort into it. I just like having no troubles with credits, and enjoy flipping the items on GTN for profit. Because of this I'm also progressing really slowly in comparison to some others, but I can live with that as long as the credits flow :D

Edited by Leimus

When posting to the GTN, if your per unit price is displayed in decimals, it only goes to 2 places.

The display for the op would have read 333,000 for the price, not 333.

Ignorance is the currency of the wise capitalist.

There is a sucker born every minute.

I have no sympathy if this was a legit OP, but does not ring true.

Thank you for listening, Bioware :). I bought a stack of 5 materials minutes ago, and i was asked for confirming the buying, showing the final price. As i was surprised because there was no patch or update, i bought a cheap chest piece for testing, and again i was asked for confirmation. Really thank you for fixing this situation. Probably still will be mistakes, but this double check will avoid most of the situations discussed in this thread. Edited by RahaylaCora

I would say i'm a new player, as my char is now up to level 28, and that being my highest out of the 2 I have. I've made closer to 5M in credits thanks to how people pay insane amounts for certain low level materials. It might not be a norm that new players get loads of money, but it's not that weird idea when considering players that put a bit of effort into it. I just like having no troubles with credits, and enjoy flipping the items on GTN for profit. Because of this I'm also progressing really slowly in comparison to some others, but I can live with that as long as the credits flow :D

You might as well retire to the beautiful beaches of Corellia. Gonna host any beachfront house party soon? ;)

It might not be a norm that new players get loads of money,

Yes, definitely. People that "play the auction house" are definitely a minority among the "new players" group. They probably came from some other MMO where they picked up the technique, which makes them an entirely separate category of players.

Heck, even with 12 characters, many of which are level 55, I still find it very slow and exhausting, although not impossible, to earn millions of credits. I don't "play the auction house" though, my income comes almost exclusively from doing dailies, and it is slow. I never liked dabbling into economy.

Edited by Strajder

Thank you for listening, Bioware :). I bought a stack of 5 materials minutes ago, and i was asked for confirming the buying, showing the final price. As i was surprised because there was no patch or update, i bought a cheap chest piece for testing, and again i was asked for confirmation. Really thank you for fixing this situation. Probably still will be mistakes, but this double check will avoid most of the situations discussed in this thread.

err...for real? I bought a ton of stuff on the GTN ranging from a few hundered creds to almost a million and still got no confirmation. :rak_02:

I did however read the prices to ensure I knew exactly what i was paying for ;)

err...for real? I bought a ton of stuff on the GTN ranging from a few hundered creds to almost a million and still got no confirmation. :rak_02:

I did however read the prices to ensure I knew exactly what i was paying for ;)

Yes, happened to me. i ain't a troll. You made me doubt about the implementation in all servers, so i tried another buying. Shot taken 2 minutes ago. Server is Progenitor.

http://i61.tinypic.com/35nc2dc.png

Yes, happened to me. i ain't a troll. You made me doubt about the implementation in all servers, so i tried another buying. Shot taken 2 minutes ago. Server is Progenitor.

http://i61.tinypic.com/35nc2dc.png

funny... im on the progenitor too and I never ever got that. Must be a new thing and my client has not updated or something.... Will see later today when i get on.

Personally I hate it - Its fine if you are buying 1 item but for high volume traders like myself it will get annoying quickly

It's simple: Plenty of people don't know what a scam is or confuse the latter with being absolutely clueless.

I was going to go with "Because some people can't learn how to drop an argument, even after it becomes completely pointless."

• 2 months later...

This thread needs to be renamed to.

"I misclicked because I wasn't paying attention on the GTN and lost lots of credits, I would like to blame someone else for my personal error and I would like Bioware to protect me from myself."

Players can sell items for whatever they want. No scam was involved in anyway.

Nothing but a bunch of threads about a misclick.

HIGH-larious.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to necro this thread to post a solution to this problem that I saw someone doing on BC.

For any crafting mat that you typically buy, post one unit of the mat on GTN for 1 billion credits, so that when you subsequently sort by unit price, your 1 billion price will be easy to see as the most expensive.