How are guilds getting so many conquest points?

strallart

How are guilds getting so many conquest points? For example, my guild is at #5 on the leaderboard for Hoth, but there's a guild that's #1 with 500k more points then we have.

How are guilds gaining so many points this rapidly? We're doing objectives nonstop and have only reached 440k.

The guild at #1 at 900k points.

One theory I have is there's one crafting objective that's repeatable, maybe they stored a bunch of mats to prepare and are constantly repeating the objective.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are guilds getting so many conquest points? For example, my guild is at #5 on the leaderboard for Hoth, but there's a guild that's #1 with 500k more points then we have.

How are guilds gaining so many points this rapidly? We're doing objectives nonstop and have only reached 440k.

One theory I have is there's one crafting objective that's repeatable, maybe they stored a bunch of mats to prepare and are constantly repeating the objective.

Crafting never hurts, though it is not a game breaker in this round. Four words : Black Talon Story Mode. Solo it in five minutes and run it again, and again, and again, and again ... you got the point, right. Enjoy...

Crafting never hurts, though it is not a game breaker in this round. Four words : Black Talon Story Mode. Solo it in five minutes and run it again, and again, and again, and again ... you got the point, right. Enjoy...

It totally makes sense that that's how you conquer a planet, rather than, you know, actually going there and conquering it.

Crafting is definitely a possibility, though with no planets giving a x2 crafting bonus, that surely would be a waste of materials.

Aletheos is probably right, I'd guess flashpoint runs. In addition to solo'ing SM, a group of 4 geared level 55s could blast through HM Black Talon / Esseles, picking up the bonus boss (only counts in HM), and get about 75,000 points an hour.

It's the worst kind of grind, in my opinion. But I can see people doing it to win.

how big is your guild?

the big guilds often have like 500 members

This says a lot...

Really? This kind of grinding is what people do over and over and over.... for what? Your guild name up on a top 10 list? Then to repeat the grind next week? How in the world is that even remotely fun to run the same missions ad nauseum? And entire guilds doing it?

I couldn't, and won't do it. We participated in the conquest events in week 1, ran heroics, ran FP's, crafted, went after the conquest bosses on owPvP areas... Then watch groups eclipse us by millions of points. Took all the steam out of peoples sails. Talk to a few from the top 10 guilds... you are dead on... farm easy content. Week 2 rolls around, "Where should we invade"... answer from the majority of guildmates: "Who cares".

Evidently, the goal isn't to have fun... its to grind out 2 or 3 pieces of cake walk content non stop... yeah... pass. If thats what it takes, I'm done with conquest entirely.

Completely pointless.

Large guild get points easily. Think if your guild has 20 ppl online and all of them does BT hm + bonus boss. That is 4k points with Hoth bonus. Quite alot of points from 5min-10min job. Now if there is a larger guild that has +50 ppl online at any time and they does same thing. This conquest is clearly a numbers game where massive guild dominate with ease.

Nah, it's probably some sort of exploit. Some guilds are running EV with 8/16 man up until Soa. Then everyone except one switches to an alt. Then they kill Soa, get 8x2 weeklies done. And then they switch again. One to a locked until Soa one, the rest to a new toon. And so on, 8 or 16 times.

The whole system to my eyes is going to have the effect of having small guilds either not take part or have them merge with other guilds to get to a position where they can compete. There should be some formula whereby the number of players in the guild comes or maybe only the top 20 guild members scores are counted each week.

It is already causing a little tension in the guilds I am involved in - one merged, another the guild leader was bossing people into action at 3am, another the guild leader has real life matters that he needs to look after and moving a guild ship around is the least of his concerns.

I like that the new content has the game buzzing again but I do think some adjustments need to be made.

Now please excuse me while I fill 4 strongholds full of cheap chairs and run black talon until bedtime. :)

It totally makes sense that that's how you conquer a planet, rather than, you know, actually going there and conquering it.

Yeah, I get what is intended with the system (something for everyone), but it really should focus on things revolving around actually conquering the planet.

I hope BW watches how some players are getting points and limits or eliminates those "exploit" categories. Running low level FPs all day for the week is ridiculous and will only result in a new system going unused in short order.

Why worry about it? It's a game which is supposed to be enjoyed. My guild is getting the guild ship for the cool factor. We could care less what the numbers say. We're all RPers who prefer to have a good time instead of grinding.

I have three strongholds and I refuse to litter them with crap to get points. Forget that.

This says a lot...

Really? This kind of grinding is what people do over and over and over.... for what? Your guild name up on a top 10 list? Then to repeat the grind next week? How in the world is that even remotely fun to run the same missions ad nauseum? And entire guilds doing it?

I couldn't, and won't do it. We participated in the conquest events in week 1, ran heroics, ran FP's, crafted, went after the conquest bosses on owPvP areas... Then watch groups eclipse us by millions of points. Took all the steam out of peoples sails. Talk to a few from the top 10 guilds... you are dead on... farm easy content. Week 2 rolls around, "Where should we invade"... answer from the majority of guildmates: "Who cares".

Evidently, the goal isn't to have fun... its to grind out 2 or 3 pieces of cake walk content non stop... yeah... pass. If thats what it takes, I'm done with conquest entirely.

Completely pointless.

Grinding the same content over and over and over is NOT my idea of fun. IM glad our guild was poor and could not be foolish enough to spend that kind of credits on little reward.

I'm finding conquest to be a mixed blessing personally; all this stuff is really cool but it really hurts small guilds. My tiny guild merged with a larger guild and there are some things that annoy me already with the new guild.

I'm thinking you should have looked harder for a guild that suited your needs. Not too late to change if you guys all agree.

More player online farming = more point. Easy and simple. Big guild, more point.

This once again highlights the difference between BT and its' Republic counterpart, Esseless -- you can easily do 2-3 runs of BT in the time it takes to do 1 Esseless.

Bioware should use their vaunted metrics to balance the costs up to account for time taken...

Yeah, I get what is intended with the system (something for everyone), but it really should focus on things revolving around actually conquering the planet.

I hope BW watches how some players are getting points and limits or eliminates those "exploit" categories. Running low level FPs all day for the week is ridiculous and will only result in a new system going unused in short order.

I disagree. The theme this week is obviously giant spacebattles "Clash in Hyperspace" .The GSF's are getting bonuses, the main Industrial planets for fighters is beiing fought over (Heroics on Balmorra, Kuat). The Stealth Fighter protoypes and the space station Malgus is using Battle for Ilum/False Emperor. Heroics on Ilum and raiding bases on Ilum etc. etc. Those are all valuable contributions lorewise.

You can run the low level all day for a week, but running the HM's is almost as fast and gives you double..... I think the different methods are quite fairly balanced.

Gotta grind and get rid of lazy ***** who don't contribute. Sad but true.

Funny you mention this, yes it is very true, except the thing, the ones you label as lazy may not be really lazy, sure they dont measure up by not contributing as much as others but that is not in itself lazy. they may have other wants in the game to accomplish.

Our once medium sized guild which now dwindled down to a small guild now is picking up some of ones cast off as lazy players which are liking the slower pace we offer.

We do dailies, sometimes not daily lol, we do ops, fp's, crafting a lot of content we just dont hound our guild members to the point where they give up and want to leave anyway. A lot of the people that come to us relate the same story, hounded and badgered to the point they dont want to log on or you kick them. They are good people and are loyal if you show them value and will be good guild members.

What you say is true in that all the people in the boat must row together or you end up not moving or go in circles, but not everyone wants to go to the same destination so they dont have the same dedication to row as hard. those are your lazy guild members, they have little or no motivation. if you want to grow or keep moving forward you must prune the one who dont produce what you want.

We will take your cast offs , what we feel that is not a member we want is someone who is rude , foul mouthed , non respectful , childish or has a me first attitude and refuses to help as they have been helped. those you can keep, all others we will gladly take off your hands.:D

I've read that Patton, Montgomery, and Rommel made sure their quarters were always decorated. The resulting bonus is why they were such *** kickers in WWII.

Edited by Joesixxpack