The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.9 Failure list

siegeshot

Hello awesome community! Please help me make the master list of 2.9's shortcomings. Opportunities for improvement Bio could fix but for whatever reason (performance, micromanaging playstyles, or whatever) hasn't come in yet (as of 2.9a. Don't know what's in 2.9b until the morning.)

In no particular order:

Can't have multiple of a companion placed in a stronghold despite having multiples of that companion (HK, ship droid, etc..)

No dress up dummies.

Hologram companions = bad. // naked holograph companions = bad // naked companions with wrong custom = bad

33% scale star ships / star fighters bad.

Dark Project mat prices way too high.

Only 99 stackable mats still, insufficient.

Need to be able to craft directly from guild vault.

No cross-faction guild ship invites, why?

Majority rampant massive game-breaking conquest point exploiting went unfixed and unaddressed.

Strongholds feel completely dead in regards to npcs, companions, pets, animals, etc..

25 npc / companion limit way too low.

Utility lag on Nar Shadaa including GTN... this is only going to get WORSE, not better.

Commanders in pvp areas, obvious troll bait.

Health bars / names over heads inconsistent at best, completely broken more often than not.

Drop rate and system functionality of decoration drops in FP's a sick joke.

Decoration crafting system unnecessarily complicated.

Relearning how to properly click GTN Kiosk in stronghold.

Random items commonly disappear and reappear in stronghold inventory for no reason click to click despite dropdown not changing.

Draw distance of speeders way too low.

Tat feels like it needs a 33%-66% hook increase. Many areas have no hooks at all.

Coruscant / Dromund Kaas and Nar Shadaa have a lot of unusable space where hooks could easily be.

Guild ships have a lot of unusable space for seemingly no reason at all.

World map not able to "click through" any longer. Why not an option?

There's plenty more... this's only what came off the top of my head. Feel free to add yours below and please keep it constructive.

Edited by siegeshot

Can't have multiple of a companion placed in a stronghold despite having multiples of that companion (HK, ship droid, etc..)
True, but then, having 5 Bowdaars if I had 5 Smugglers would be strange.

No dress up dummies.
True, especially with holo comps not showing gear

Hologram companions = bad. // naked holograph companions = bad // naked companions with wrong custom = bad
I will agree that holos are weird, just like the fact they revert to their default gear (or get naked in some case, from what I heard, none of my placed comps did that yet)

33% scale star ships / star fighters bad.
True

Dark Project mat prices way too high.
They are pricey by design, as they are meant to be an effort. But ultimately, the prices of mats are created by community.

Only 99 stackable mats still, insufficient.
I might agree that 99 stacks are too low

Why?

Majority rampant massive game-breaking conquest point exploiting went unfixed and unaddressed.
Would you mind listing the exploits that have not been fixed (so that attention is brought to them so they can be fixed ASAP)? The only major exploit I am aware of was the resetting of one-time objectives, and that one was fixed.

Strongholds feel completely dead in regards to npcs, companions, pets, animals, etc..
Agreed, making NPCs do animations would be interesting

25 npc / companion limit way too low.
Yes the limit is low, but will probably increase if it shows no problems (according to what Eric said)

Utility lag on Nar Shadaa including GTN... this is only going to get WORSE, not better.
Devs are aware of it, and they will try to fix it once they discover the problem

Boohoo, they add something for PvPers...

Health bars / names over heads inconsistent at best, completely broken more often than not.
Assuming this is about names of NPCs in strongholds? I have not seen any helath bar or name pop up on those characters on live servers

Drop rate and system functionality of decoration drops in FP's a sick joke.
HM bonus bosses have nearly 100% (or maybe even 100%) drop rate.

It is actually pretty easy, instead of each crafter building one specific item, they all make tokens to be exchanged.

Relearning how to properly click GTN Kiosk in stronghold.
What is wrong with the kiosk? I normally click on it and it works (I have the big one, not the wall one, so no idea if there is problem with that one)

Random items commonly disappear and reappear in stronghold inventory for no reason click to click despite dropdown not changing.
Huh? What I can tell, this never happened to me. The closest thing would be the dropdown menu changing to something else.

Draw distance of speeders way too low.
True

Drop rate of Deco items in FP's? As far as I've experienced the drop rate is 100% in HM, 9 runs with 10 drops (1 double drop).

Are you are expecting a higher drop rate in SM?

its not 100%.

And anyway who cares there are not more than 1 decor item - 1 FP and most of them looks bad.

Edited by APCrol

I'll just add my two cents. You have a few good points. I won't repeat them. Mine is that Capital World strongholds need Starship Hooks. If the ships are as SMALL as everyone is saying then they would fit just fine on the landing pads of the Kaas City and Coruscant strongholds.

Plus I didn't read every single bit of info going down in the the bowels of HOOK minutiae and bought a class starship for my Coruscant stronghold with mats I made myself which I could have SOLD getting a starship which only fit in the equivalent of Space Las Vegas which I really do NOT like or Tatooine which seems cool....just not now. So, I'm stuck with a lovely starship I'm hoping to use if they ever open up starship hooks on DK and Cor.

Sorry, but I spent too much IRL money on CC to unlock Coruscant....which I have to say I did a pretty good job on aesthetically. But oh well, instead of a big ship, I put a plethora of big assed speeders people usually use to grief others by placing them on fleet mailboxes. They actually look good on the landing pad, though my ship would look better. Otherwise, I like my stronghold.

its not 100%.

And anyway who cares there are not more than 1 decor item - 1 FP and most of them looks bad.

Are you doing the bonus bosses? Every time it has dropped off these, with the double coming once off the final boss.

I will agree that holos are weird, just like the fact they revert to their default gear (or get naked in some case, from what I heard, none of my placed comps did that yet)

True

from what I've observed, could be wrong. the comps wear their current gear as long as they are not your active comp at the time. if they are, the gear/appearance changes.

Constructive? You want us to be constructive when you post 99% garbage?

Drop rates are a sick failure? Well if you are lazy and just want to speed through skipping bonus boss well that's a failure on your part.

Crafting to complicated? Sorry nothing about Swtor crafting is complicated. Again that is a failure on your part for not being able to comprehend the crafting.

I could go on but pretty sure you get the point.

Sure it's not perfect but the biggest failure is the OPs post.

Feel free to add yours below and please keep it constructive.

Somewhat ironic in a post titled "2.9 failure list" don't you think?

I tend to agree with most of the GSH shortcomings that you describe and I'd ike to see many of them fixed or changed too. But you aren't going to get far presenting this as a "failure list" and taking a combative approach. "Suggestions for improvement" would be a better angle.

I'm sure there's a variety of good reasons many of these things are the way they are - performance, lore, aesthetics among them. We need to persuade the devs that we'd like them to work on solutions so that things can be changed or improved.

Drop rates are a sick failure? Well if you are lazy and just want to speed through skipping bonus boss well that's a failure on your part.

If you do random HM 55's with group finder then of course you're going to say "OMG 100% drop so good 10/10!" because you're not doing anything different to normal and don't care anyway, so the roll-off doesn't matter.

Try doing Red Reaper over 10 times solo because it has no bonus boss, nor any HM, in fact almost every Dropship Hangar SM flashpoint doesn't have a bonus boss so you're just running it repeatedly hoping for blind luck.

The drop rate for SM FP's with a bonus boss isn't good, and for those without a bonus it's downright horrendous.

Some of the OP's complaints are decisions made by the devs to preserve system stability and performance, either client-side or server side. I don't see them changing any time soon.

Another thing I notice is that the OP has failed to see GSH for what they truly are. A credit/time sink. One that has been desperately needed for some time.

I will say that the hit boxes on some of the decorations are too small, which is why things like the GTN Kiosk and mailbox have to be clicked just right in order to activate.

Health bars (i.e. Nameplates) have been sketchy/broken for as long as I can remember, and I've been playing off and on for 2 years now.

Lastly, I don't see how the OP is really all the constructive. It's a list of complaints, nothing more.

I say give it time. GSH has only been out a week, it may take a while to get all the kinks worked out. I suspect we'll see improvements come 3.0 or 3.1. (2.10 looks to be mostly class balancing changes, unless i'm mistaken).

I'll just add my two cents. You have a few good points. I won't repeat them. Mine is that Capital World strongholds need Starship Hooks. If the ships are as SMALL as everyone is saying then they would fit just fine on the landing pads of the Kaas City and Coruscant strongholds.

Plus I didn't read every single bit of info going down in the the bowels of HOOK minutiae and bought a class starship for my Coruscant stronghold with mats I made myself which I could have SOLD getting a starship which only fit in the equivalent of Space Las Vegas which I really do NOT like or Tatooine which seems cool....just not now. So, I'm stuck with a lovely starship I'm hoping to use if they ever open up starship hooks on DK and Cor.

Sorry, but I spent too much IRL money on CC to unlock Coruscant....which I have to say I did a pretty good job on aesthetically. But oh well, instead of a big ship, I put a plethora of big assed speeders people usually use to grief others by placing them on fleet mailboxes. They actually look good on the landing pad, though my ship would look better. Otherwise, I like my stronghold.

There are starship hooks on DK and Coruscant, they're just not on the platform (where they should be) but behind it, on the balcony.

This could easily cause problems. If you don't notice you're running out of your own materials, you could use up your item withdrawal allowance very quickly. I can see how that could have been useful for "me and my alts" guilds before GSH, but legacy bank has removed that need.

What, you want them in PvE areas so they can be camped 24/7 and it becomes a reaction test for who can click it first?

It really isn't. Only the universal prefabs and dark projects even take multiple steps. If you don't want to craft, get them from the cartel market or GTN.

They are pricey by design, as they are meant to be an effort. But ultimately, the prices of mats are created by community.

Not entirely true. There's a bottom line determined by the cost of acquiring the materials. You either get them from missions with a direct credit cost or spend time gathering them and give up the credits you could have earned in that time.

From 2.9 patch notes:

"The World Map window now blocks right-click interactions like other windows."

Extremely frustrating not being able to close the map using a mouse button while hovering over the map. I will fight for the cause to bring this function back!

OP is a great big pile of silliness.

I mean, he wants the ability to craft with materials from the 'guild' bank. No, that wouldn't cause any sort of drama. lol

Yeah he already thinks crafting is complicated, now he wants to add drama to the mix? Well I guess his OP is just a bunch oh crying and whining maybe he enjoys creating drama.

Not entirely true. There's a bottom line determined by the cost of acquiring the materials. You either get them from missions with a direct credit cost or spend time gathering them and give up the credits you could have earned in that time.

Guess my server is weird then. Judging from what numbers folks at Crew Skills section calculated, Dark Projects are sold for maybe half of that price at best on TOFN.

From 2.9 patch notes:

"The World Map window now blocks right-click interactions like other windows."

Extremely frustrating not being able to close the map using a mouse button while hovering over the map. I will fight for the cause to bring this function back!

Yeah, if there is one fail in 2.9, it is this thing. No idea why someone was fixing something that was not broken (or broken in a way that nobody minded)

Edited by Aries_cz

Guess my server is weird then. Judging from what numbers folks at Crew Skills section calculated, Dark Projects are sold for maybe half of that price at best on TOFN.

If you're talking about the spreadsheet linked in this thread it's not entirely accurate for calculating the bottom line. It calculates the prices based on material availability on the GTN, not primary sources. I'll try to do some math here:

The cheapest way to craft war supplies is with the low-grade materials. You need a bit more of them, but the lower price more than makes up for the quantity.

Grade 2 rich gathering missions cost a bit over 500 credits. Grade 3 missions cost a bit under 900. They return about 10-12 units of materials, putting the cost of acquisition in the range of 45 and 90 credits.

The lowest grade was supplies require a total of 48 materials to craft. A ballpark estimate with the above material costs puts the cost of one war supply item at 3000 credits. A dark project requires five of them, so that's 15000 credits from those.

You could also gather the materials from planet, but you're better off using that time for dailies and getting the materials from missions or even GTN.

Now, the cost of the grade 7 materials is harder to estimate. You could farm them from operations, which costs zero credits but takes time. Operations also drop decorations, so you could even gain money from selling those. Judging by how many decorations dropped on my guild ops last week and how they are priced on the GTN, it's possible that you could cover the opportunity cost of the operation from those, making the materials free. You can only run each operation a limited number of times per week of course, depending on how many alts you have.

So, in theory you could sell dark projects as low as 15k and still make a profit, even if you aren't making the highest possible profit. Of course, anyone dropping the price from 500k+ to 15k all at once is just plain stupid.

Reverting to GTN prices, the grade 7 materials for a dark project currently cost 546k on The Red Eclipse. Add to that the 15k for basic materials and we have 561k. The cheapest dark project on the GTN is 579k. Not much of a profit margin, but not exactly making a deficit either.