Explain why you want to conquer a planet?

Hierodule

And my desire to take first world problems seriously has waned to less than zero,

You and your playing the "first world problems" card in a *********** video game forum. All the problems here are first world. What a pathetic attempt at dismissing a grievance.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

1. When you take over a planet, you're essentially ensuring that everyone on your side of the faction line sees your guild name and knows that if you want a guild to join, they'd be a good choice. If you're not of that faction, then you know there's a hell of an enemy guild out there you should be wary of.

this bears repeating

Oh, I've read the dulfy stuff. I"m just questioning how it makes sense:

1) a guild conquers a whole planet makes sense. But why do I want to kill commanders on the planet I just conquered when a new event comes out the following week

2) a guild conquers a whole planet: then why are sectors designated as being controlled by one guild or another (why do it by "sectors" at all?

3) should I be assuming that the next week will be the same event and we can try to take Alderan back from whomever has it?

If you can quote me where dulfy explains this I'll apologize profusely.

1. I believe if you conquer a planet you control it until the next time it is contested, including the week of the contest. So if you conquered Makeb, then you keep control and the next time it comes around you can use your orbital fire to break the shield on the commander. There are no commanders if that planet is not being contested.

2. I think sector is a misnomer. Every sector of the planet should be controlled by a single guild. Maybe it will matter at some point if there are multiple parts of a planet, but right now it doesn't.

3. I'm guessing there will be a different event this week, but these planets will come back in other event types and Balance of Power will be back too.

Edited by GrovesK

I believe the sectors are probably there because of areas like Black Hole and Section X. They are separately conquerable from the overall Correlia and Belsavis so they split everything into sectors. Should Tatooine for example get a daily section at some point, it could be separated by section.

1. I believe if you conquer a planet you control it until the next time it is contested, including the week of the contest. So if you conquered Makeb, then you keep control and the next time it comes around you can use your orbital fire to break the shield on the commander. There are no commanders if that planet is not being contested.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any commanders on Makeb...we never found any and the Dulfy guide didn't list any. Planets that aren't being contested do still have Commanders; we killed the Voss and Tatooine ones a few times through the week.

For the satisfaction of a boss well killed?

But really, the main reason I would want to capture a planet was so that I could kill the commander shield timer to be able to kill him sooner and thus acquire more frameworks for the flagship. That and being able to access that walker sounds cool.

For the satisfaction of a boss well killed?

But really, the main reason I would want to capture a planet was so that I could kill the commander shield timer to be able to kill him sooner and thus acquire more frameworks for the flagship. That and being able to access that walker sounds cool.

What's the point of unlocking flagship besides RP stuff though? Completionism?

Yes, because many people have innate desires to do that type of thing. We are not all minimalists.

Also gships are like the biggest convenience item ever and more rooms increase the occupancy limit which is important for large guilds.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Pretty much yeah. It's a bit lemming of me, but I kinda want to unlock the rooms in the flagship just because they're there.

I haven't even spent much time in the flagship. Despite this, just the fact there are locked rooms that I could unlock makes me itch a little bit. :o

It helps that my guild likes the open world PvP aspect of the commanders, and killing them gives mats that help unlock the rooms.

Edited by Khevar