Aisthesis

Nomaad

Damn. I knew someone was going to abuse the ranked system for the super quick conquest points. It's dissapointing to see it happen during the very first week though.

*facepalm*

It hasn't been proven. Let's be careful about jumping to disappointment before someone has actually definitively shown there was win trading going on. I have no idea what Veritas was doing, one way or another, and I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Aisthesis and Veritas were both queueing regs quite a bit; I know that much. Aisthesis didn't touch ranked at all, I think because we didn't believe it would pop. Additionally, while we have a fair number of people in guild who are in optimized PvP gear and have the appropriate experience for group ranked, most of them were off doing other things and so we didn't feel it was appropriate to touch that point source. It probably would have been a faster way to get points though, now that I think about it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did it. Aisthesis did it, and I am sure every guild in creation who noticed the loophole did it. I really, REALLY hope they fix it so it doesn't happen again. We've already sent emails letting them now they need to change the loophole. I agree its a crappy way to get points. But they designed it to favor PvP so until they fix it. It will continue.

So you're openly admitting to going in, regardless of gear or skill, going against each other and /stucking against any team that might cause some competition? No, people didn't fight hard, they gave up the moment anything came along and then get patted on the back for winning a race they didn't even try for?

Even if you're not after coms, you're cheesing conquest points to the extreme. You're doing it in off hours that no one is on, it was 5 AM when I heard about it on West Coast time. There's no one on at that time hardly at all, perfect hour to cheese your points, just saying that you're "Trying to make it easier?" so to speak?

Was Aisthesis doing the same thing in the solo queue? Am I the only one finding this a bit messed up?? Nobody earned anything. lol

Sorry but that just makes me sad... *sigh...*

If you're gonna hurl assumptions and accusations, kindly keep them to yourself for your own sake. It doesn't make you look good. Of course if you don't care about that, then feel free to continue, since I'm not your keeper and neither is anyone else. :)

Regardless, most of what went on Aisthesis-side is crafting, which is normal. We aren't a PvP guild. Yes, some of us were PvPing for sure, but it was hardly our main focus, and no one in Aisthesis backs down from a warzone match. Even if we get paired with each other while super-queuing or something like that, we beat the snot out of each other because that's what warzones are about.

Just because there's a special event doesn't mean we throw fun out the window, even if it means that we get something done a little less efficiently. And I certainly do NOT presume to accuse Veritas of ANYTHING. They put up a good, hard fight, doing quite a bit of crafting themselves, and you're misinterpreting that member's words. He said that if they were in a match they clearly were unable to win DUE to being undergeared, and they KNEW it, then they did what they could to speed the match up, because in the end this was still a race. And I do not hold something like that against them, I honestly think it's efficient considering the circumstances.

Try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Even if you see people fighting each other in 4s from the same guild, don't assume they're win-trading. I like to think that a well-known guild such as Veritas would hold its play standard pretty high, and that even if they were playing against each other they would still fight hard against each other.

Also, so what if they were queuing at 5am? IT'S A RACE! It's not their fault nobody else was playing, and I'm willing to bet they would have RATHER played other people than themselves. I just find your tone really annoying, and although I respect your right to have an opinion and to make assumptions, I certainly don't agree with your viewpoint.

Edited by RynZelara

We did it. Aisthesis did it, and I am sure every guild in creation who noticed the loophole did it. I really, REALLY hope they fix it so it doesn't happen again. We've already sent emails letting them now they need to change the loophole. I agree its a crappy way to get points. But they designed it to favor PvP so until they fix it. It will continue.

Except Aisthesis didn't do it. As I said above, to the best of my knowledge, we didn't touch ranked at all, and there was certainly no talk of win trading or anything similar. Our only PvP points came from regs.

Veritas is not a PvP guild. Maybe we were at one time, but that was years ago.

Ah, my apologies. I thought you were. o.o Whoops ^_^ Edited my other post to reflect that bit of information. Thanks.

Edited by RynZelara

Except Aisthesis didn't do it. As I said above, to the best of my knowledge, we didn't touch ranked at all, and there was certainly no talk of win trading or anything similar. Our only PvP points came from regs.

Pretty much this, as one of the more active PVPers in Aisthesis, HERE is my ranked sheet:

http://imgur.com/nFigJHX

Pre season 3 I have done zero ranked warzones period. I doubt Fedara and Haka were either, and in the case of Fedara, almost every time she ques for PVP, I'm usually queing at the same time. I think multiple of those queing during conquests have seen me on rydarus generally hopping around the warzone (Jaxio looking at youuuu!!!)

Lets not pull false accusations without evidence here :p

Edited by GrandLordMenace

You know, just cause you can do something, doesn't mean that you should. Come on. This is kindergarten ****, you guys.

And no, not all guilds did it. My guild didn't do it (<Saberwing>) and we were neck and neck for third place on Alderaan. If I'm wrong and someone did, let me know and give me some names and screenshots, because I promise you they'd be in for one seriously epic ***-chewing.

Ok, I know I am just fanning the flames, but, come on. Fess up. We know Aisthesis was exploiting PvP because that's how WE got the idea. But hey, competition is competition, and that system is broken. I hope they fix it.

:rak_02: Pics? Vids? Proof? Want my PVP sheet? Because I'm pretty sure people would die from laughter at how bad it is.

Ok, I know I am just fanning the flames, but, come on. Fess up. We know Aisthesis was exploiting PvP because that's how WE got the idea. But hey, competition is competition, and that system is broken. I hope they fix it.

If Tam and Ryd say they didn't then I will believe them, I respect both of them and I don't think they'd do something like that. Veritas however absolutely did exploit the ranked system. Anyone who checked in /who could see that there were at least 16 of you running in the 4v4s. Nemesis ran into a team of 4 PvE geared sorcs. That isn't even trying. lol

If Tam and Ryd say they didn't then I will believe them, I respect both of them and I don't think they'd do something like that. Veritas however absolutely did exploit the ranked system. Anyone who checked in /who could see that there were at least 16 of you running in the 4v4s. Nemesis ran into a team of 4 PvE geared sorcs. That isn't even trying. lol

We actually ran into 4 separate Veritas teams. I don't think (though I could be mistaken) anyone from any of those teams had PvP gear on. Also only 1 team had an actual healer, despite most of them having a class capable of healing. I highly suspect they were purposely ending the games they had against each other as quickly as possible simply to spam points.

Edited by wadecounty

OKay I will try pitching in myself too as a member of Aisthesis.

The guild did a fair amount of pvp, pretty much exclusively regs to my knowledge. It was a field I did not partake in much, in fact not at all this week, so cannot comment further.

Couple hours b4 the finish line (think it was roughly 6 am est) I did a /who of veritas imp side to see how many folks r on for a final push. Got 9 hits I think and 8 of them were in the same arena.

Win trading? Maybe, maybe not, I have no evidence nor do I care to be honest. It is a very very very obvious loophole in how to obtain conquest points, so it sounds perfectly logical to me, something I would have done myself had I partaken in pvp this week more actively. It is what it is. Is it an exploit? I dont think so: it is in the conquest mission tab clearly stated that u can complete that particular pvp objective infinite times. Helluva grind though, so if u can sit through all that even with /stuck, kudos for ur endurance! 500-1000 points per char lmao, thats lousy imo.

Anyway, that does bring up the underlying point that the conquest point system will need a rebalance since pvp is clearly favoured as some others have highlighted too.

On a more important note: the race was pretty intense and I really like how much of a teamwork it guided our guilds to do. 10 million points!!! both guilds' members should give themselves a big manly pat on the back for all the effort put in. When I passed out I was having my fingers crossed in my dreams, it really was that close and fom what I read elsewhere, things were decided last minute. I think both parties had an exciting week and found a new interesting purpose to play tor :p.

Edited by Benirons

Speaking for myself, and myself only. I hate PvP. I don't PvP. I'd rather ********** with a cheese grater than PvP. But I bit the bullet and did it for my guild anyway. I was told its pre season, so I really didn't think it was going to be a big deal. I don't know what goes on in the PvP world because I avoid it like the plague. So, speaking for myself, and only myself. I apologize for any wrongdoing. I was out of my element and I knew it going in. Don't worry about seeing me in a warzone ever again. You can have it.

First and foremost lets not lose sight of this topic which is a congraduations to Aisthesis who fought long and hard to win Voss. My hats off to all 3 Republic teams for taking this weeks planets and shutting the Imperials out on a normally Imperial dominated server.

As far as accusations being tossed around, stop now. It will get dealt with internally. Veritas stopped being a major pvp guild when member's broke off to form Hex, and Jerc is one hell of a player. Since then we've focused mostly on pve part of the game but definately not as good NiM proggression group such as Aisthesis, Proper Villians, Plausable Denaiabilty and many others. The few members that do still pvp earned their gear thru many wins and loses in matchs. The many pvers that do pvp to get the relics aren't best geared for pvp but did it because of the relic itself is the 2nd best in game. In the end, geared or not people will jump in the ranked que and get owned by the true hardcore pvpers much like NiM content will own pvp and pvers alike if they are not geared correctly.

Again that was 1 hell of a ride and I know for myself I only got 20 hours sleep since Tuesday when the event started and am kicking myself for logging out saturday night @ mignight with a 500k lead waking up after my 1st night of full rest to find we where only 40k ahead and had actually had a deficite durning the night. Do I feel bad we lost yes, does it upset me we lost after I spent so much time trying to win yes. But it's taught me that there are parts of the system that need to be looked at but you know I'm ready to pull another week without sleep and do it again even if it kills me.

Edited by Zohkar

OKay I will try pitching in myself too as a member of Aisthesis.

The guild did a fair amount of pvp, pretty much exclusively regs to my knowledge. It was a field I did not partake in much, in fact not at all this week, so cannot comment further.

Couple hours b4 the finish line (think it was roughly 6 am est) I did a /who of veritas imp side to see how many folks r on for a final push. Got 9 hits I think and 8 of them were in the same arena.

Win trading? Maybe, maybe not, I have no evidence nor do I care to be honest. It is a very very very obvious loophole in how to obtain conquest points, so it sounds perfectly logical to me, something I would have done myself had I partaken in pvp this week more actively. It is what it is. Is it an exploit? I dont think so: it is in the conquest mission tab clearly stated that u can complete that particular pvp objective infinite times. Helluva grind though, so if u can sit through all that even with /stuck, kudos for ur endurance! 500-1000 points per char lmao, thats lousy imo.

Anyway, that does bring up the underlying point that the conquest point system will need a rebalance since pvp is clearly favoured as some others have highlighted too.

On a more important note: the race was pretty intense and I really like how much of a teamwork it guided our guilds to do. 10 million points!!! both guilds' members should give themselves a big manly pat on the back for all the effort put in. When I passed out I was having my fingers crossed in my dreams, it really was that close and fom what I read elsewhere, things were decided last minute. I think both parties had an exciting week and found a new interesting purpose to play tor :p.

To be fair, you exploited Nefra for implants so your stance on other exploits doesn't really hold much weight.

Also win trading is lame, no matter the reason. Play it straight or don't play at all. Efficiency has nothing to do with this, it was done for easy and competitionless wins which defeats the whole point of ranked games.

Edited by VarekRayth

To be fair, you exploited Nefra for implants so your stance on other exploits doesn't really hold much weight.

Also win trading is lame, no matter the reason. Play it straight or don't play at all. Efficiency has nothing to do with this, it was done for easy and competitionless wins which defeats the whole point of ranked games.

Actually I don't even know if they cared who won or lost, I think they were just trying to end the games as soon as possible to whore for conquest points. Lame regardless.

As far as accusations being tossed around, stop now. It will get dealt with internally.

Some thoughts:

1. You don't get to tell other players what to say or think on the forums.

2. You have zero crediblity about dealing with it internally since sixteen of your members were already cheesing the system (as opposed to say one or two, who did it without leadership knowing).

3. I think it's hilarious that even after all that lame whoring for points and with your guild name in the mud now, you still got second place.

Congrats to Aisthesis. I totally believe that they didn't cheese the system becuase I saw their teams all over regs all week long. They were fun to play with and against, and I tip my hat to them.

This will be my final statement on the subject unless something further of substance arises:

- Many of the people queuing in both regular and ranked were experienced in pvp and had decent pvp gear, some of them were not. We chose to encourage people to pvp regardless of gear or experience in order to build points quickly. I know there are people who object to that kind of thing, but it was a conscious decision by the leadership and one that I stand by. I believe (but may be incorrect) that every group of 4 that queued for ranked had at least 1 geared/experienced player. Like I said, we won a few ranked matches against both Imp and Pub groups.

- We're certainly not accusing Aisthesis of any wrongdoing; we never had any proof, and we are inclined to believe them when they say what they were doing. I have tremendous respect for them and there are absolutely no hard feelings about the outcome.

- We are a fairly large guild, and this competition certainly made emotions run high for a lot of us. Due to that, I'm sure that people have said and done things that aren't the best reflection of the values of the guild, and for that I apologize. For those who don't know, our core principles are Loyalty and Respect, and I often sum up our rules of conduct by saying "don't be a jerk". We don't focus exclusively on pve, pvp, rp, crafting, or anything... but we have many players who are skilled in those areas and we put forth our best efforts at every opportunity. Yes, there were bumps and kinks this first conquest week, but I am tremendously proud of everyone and know that this has been a valuable learning experience for us.

-Bool

GM of Veritas

Some thoughts:

1. You don't get to tell other players what to say or think on the forums.

2. You have zero crediblity about dealing with it internally since sixteen of your members were already cheesing the system (as opposed to say one or two, who did it without leadership knowing).

3. I think it's hilarious that even after all that lame whoring for points and with your guild name in the mud now, you still got second place.

Congrats to Aisthesis. I totally believe that they didn't cheese the system becuase I saw their teams all over regs all week long. They were fun to play with and against, and I tip my hat to them.

Agreed. And grats to Aisthesis.