For Operative healer, which is a better tank for Oricon dalies,Treek, Kalyio or Scorp

Larsenex

As the title says. Assume full elite gear that is modded (For either Treek or Kali), all use Aim, however I have not tried to put Treek's armorings into Scorpio's droid parts which I think is not going to happen.

Thus really the choice comes down to either Treek or Kaliyo. Which is just better (holding threat) and dps. Assume for this question you are an Operative healer.

As DPS I use Treek as she can heal herself if needed.

As the title says. Assume full elite gear that is modded (For either Treek or Kali), all use Aim, however I have not tried to put Treek's armorings into Scorpio's droid parts which I think is not going to happen.

Thus really the choice comes down to either Treek or Kaliyo. Which is just better (holding threat) and dps. Assume for this question you are an Operative healer.

At holding threat, treek is better because she has the ability to heal herself, generating a lot of AoE threat.

However, Kaliyo does more upfront damage.

Scorpio would be the best tank, but has droid companion syndrome, so to beat the equivalent of 156 armorings you need to craft it, which sucks.

Remembering elite gear is 168s. Also 156 crafted enhancements (Immunity/Sturdiness) are better than the enhancements from elite comm gear.

Oh and try to put a set bonus of the tank you choose, +2% defense chance to everything is really nice to have.

Edited by TACeMossie

I have better success in just using the old man Lokin. I can solo all with him as concealment, but the heroic I switch to Leathality. I don't have the ewok, but if that thing can tank and off heal, I think that would be good.

As a Scoundrel healer, I tank everything myself and bring a melee DPS companion. Much faster than relying on a tank companion's loldps to kill things. And it's easier to go from damage/CC to healing when I don't have to switch targets.

With your (presumably) superior gear, extra 4% DR, extra healing recieved, Shield Probe and Evasion, your survivability probably rivals your tank companion anyway and the only things in the Oricon daily area that should seriously threaten you are the two bosses in the Heroic with Terminate (Kavo Thran and Sorna Tavos). And that's only if you're at less than full health and manage to have all three of your interrupts on cooldown when the Terminate comes.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have Treek, use Treek. It's that simple.

She's a better tank than any tank companion in the game, and a better healer than any healer companion. People did not pay 2100 CC (and 700 more for the legacy unlock) for the novelty of getting yelled gibberish in combat. For tanking or healing, Treek is the best companion available.

First of all, Treek still has 2 healing abilities in tank stance, making her tanking significantly more effective. Furthermore, here's a scenario:

You fight a relatively strong boss, like in the Heroic +2, and your tank companion tanks the boss:

If it's SCORPIO or Kaliyo, they tank as much as they can, then either: they die, or you switch them to their DPS stance and hope they lose aggro quick enough. If they do, you're now tanking the boss. If it's not low enough when that happens, you'll die.

If it's Treek, she tanks as much as she can, then you switch her to heal stance: she uses her smoke bomb to drop aggro immediately. You're now tanking the boss, but with a healer healing you. If Treek prioritizes healing herself, that's fine too: switch her to tank stance and she'll tank again.

Rest assured, I hate Treek's guts. Her voice is enough to drive any person insane. But her combat power is undeniable.

Edited by ThirdDementor

• 2 weeks later...

I recently grabbed Treek on my Marauder (and a couple others have converted) but my Op still uses Vector. Melee DPS companions hit like trucks when you gear them out. Vector in full 168s with augments (blue 55s) is cheap to build and can easily handle anything in Oricon. I run Lethality and drop a free heal via roll on him as we move between packs of trash...it's all the support he needs for anything but the H2 bosses. For lesser content he just plows through everything in his way.

If you haven't geared any of your companions out yet though I'd recommend Treek. When you go DPS set her as heals, and when you're heals set her as tank. She will rock the house for you and do it with the same set of gear. It's a lot more efficient than gearing out both Dr. Lokin and Vector or a tank companion.