'New' Species/Race Suggestion

SGTIchigo

Races I would like:

Togruta

The Twi'lek like one with the four lekku instead of two, because it's a wish list.

Nautilan would be fun, have jewel/bands and stuff for options instead of hair.

More expansion to Miraluka masks.

That white/blond hair options for Ratataki (if we assume Ventress is Ratataki)

Kaminoan, again, wish list, but they weren't like they had no contact with the rest of the galaxy, they were just Xenophobic perfectionists.

Dug, well, wish list and Rule of Cool.

Trandoshan would be fun, but BW has said they don't speak Basis, so not likely. Even if it would be fun...

Duros, we see them all over the place, so unless the females look really different from the kales (judging from the voices)

Devaronian, even if the females are hairy and stuff like Wookie and Talz, because that would be fun.

Kaleesh, bone masks of awesome. And with the Cyborg armor sets, could totally have a Greevus look-alike for fun.

As for the Chiss being somewhat lore-breaking, what if the Chiss of the future didn't know about the Republic of the future (future far from this game), and only knew of this Old Republic, and the Sith Empire and knew they both had fallen at various points.

Races I would like:

Togruta Would be nice except for the clipping issues

The Twi'lek like one with the four lekku instead of two, because it's a wish list. ????

Nautilan would be fun, have jewel/bands and stuff for options instead of hair. Same as the Togruta

More expansion to Miraluka masks. AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD (tl:dr Agreed)

That white/blond hair options for Ratataki (if we assume Ventress is Ratataki) Ventress wasn't a Ratakai, she was a Dathomirian

Kaminoan, again, wish list, but they weren't like they had no contact with the rest of the galaxy, they were just Xenophobic perfectionists. Yeah... not going to happen

Dug, well, wish list and Rule of Cool. Definitely won't ever be playable

Trandoshan would be fun, but BW has said they don't speak Basis, so not likely. Even if it would be fun... They can speak Basic [basic not Basis], however there would be some equipment problems

Duros, we see them all over the place, so unless the females look really different from the kales (judging from the voices) Unlikely due to Head and Hands

Devaronian, even if the females are hairy and stuff like Wookie and Talz, because that would be fun. Well, they aren't AS hair as a Wookiee or a Talz, but still would be cool

Kaleesh, bone masks of awesome. And with the Cyborg armor sets, could totally have a Greevus look-alike for fun. Would love it, though I'd love it more if we could change the color, hood, etc of the Sith Inquisitor's Companion, Xalek

As for the Chiss being somewhat lore-breaking, what if the Chiss of the future didn't know about the Republic of the future (future far from this game), and only knew of this Old Republic, and the Sith Empire and knew they both had fallen at various points.

Responses in red

Responses in red

Like I said, Wishlist. Never said they were possible.

So I edit my list to include the Dathomiri.

And we have Togunta as a companion for SIs. I admit there is a clipping issue, but there has always been a clipping issue with Twi'lek as well.

The one you had ??? for was the race of the Senator of the Twi'lek homeworld in The Clone Wars. He is said to be Twi'lek, but he has four lekku, not two.

I want playable Trandoshan characters. The companion (Qyzen) you get as a Jedi Consular looks really cool, however I would want them to speak Basic, not whatever language Qyzen speaks.

Can't agree with you more. Trandoshan do speak basic (if only some), and I've put a set of Adaptive gear on Qyzen as of recently. Supposedly, he can equip any piece of armor you give him, and the only things that I've seen that posed issues was the lack of head pieces, hoods, gloves, and boots. Otherwise, nothing much.

Another note, Oyzen speaks the natural language of the Trandoshan, Dosh, hence his voice. Also, despite common belief, there have been Trandoshan Jedi in the EU, even though the one's that are noted appeared only as early as the Battle of Ruusan, one even appearing in Star Wars: Legacy. It's just that such traits were uncommon.

I am writing a story for SWTOR, called Star Wars: Grace of Dawn, which has a Trandoshan Padawan, named Osski, living on Nar Shadda after his master was killed. A mental condition severed his connection to his race's beliefs, and has been taken in by two of the main protagonists of the story, who are a Rouge Padawan and a Scoundrel who seemingly defies the very nature of the Force. It's a work in progress, but I wanted to point it out for anyone interested... :tran_angel:

with a kaminoin they can only live in certain enviroments cuase if they went to tatooine they'd prob die. but thats a thought but they would have problems if doing a wookie or trandosian how would relationships work out, who would wanna kiss a trandoisan with all those teeth lol just saying. cuase if you get married it would be such a wierd relationship so ikw they may stay with just what they have and find other huminoid speecies. and glad there is no hutt speecies i wouldnt wanna take 10 days on the starting planet lol.

with a kaminoin they can only live in certain enviroments cuase if they went to tatooine they'd prob die. but thats a thought but they would have problems if doing a wookie or trandosian how would relationships work out, who would wanna kiss a trandoisan with all those teeth lol just saying. cuase if you get married it would be such a wierd relationship so ikw they may stay with just what they have and find other huminoid speecies. and glad there is no hutt speecies i wouldnt wanna take 10 days on the starting planet lol.

If they didn't remove the relationships for Wookies and Trandoshan, then we'll have Garrus Vakarian to thank for some priceless interactions.

I want a jawa race. And plz dont tell me its a slave race, potentially every race can be slaves....

or give me Kamino I love elegance or craziness... no rebelling races. Voss would be great also.

Edited by Oyranos

When wanting new playable species, keep in mind that currently it must:

* be viable for romance scenes with humanoids (head shapes, height, etc.)

* both male and female

* must speak Basic

* have many customisation options. Not less than Chiss, which have very few options.

* be able to visibly equip armour (otherwise all player of that species will look the same).

You could replace actual class voice-over with alien gibberish, but if you pay attention in the game, there is like 5 different things that each species' languages have. With class dialogs you'd hear them back to back and illusion would vanish pretty fast.

Let's pretent you start playing a female Trandoshan or a Wookiee (double e btw). And get to a kissing scene with Corso. Discuss.

Edited by antonmasik

When wanting new playable species, keep in mind that currently it must:

* be viable for romance scenes with humanoids (head shapes, height, etc.)

* both male and female

* must speak Basic

* have many customisation options. Not less than Chiss, which have very few options.

* be able to visibly equip armour (otherwise all player of that species will look the same).

You could replace actual class voice-over with alien gibberish, but if you pay attention in the game, there is like 5 different things that each species' languages have. With class dialogs you'd hear them back to back and illusion would vanish pretty fast.

Let's pretent you start playing a female Trandoshan or a Wookiee (double e btw). And get to a kissing scene with Corso. Discuss.

Considering that this game was developed by the same company that produced Mass Effect, this shouldn't be a problem.