Guild Ship Names

Luniara

We decided our via suggestions & then a vote :)

<Remnants of Hope> Hope's Light, a name based on our guild's motto "Light from a few can be a beacon to many." for our Republic side.

<Vestige of Despair> Ascension, the name of our original Imperial alt guild before we officially brought it into the fold and renamed it to match our pub side.. so it carries some history for us!

That's some serious Extended Universe there! Abeloth wikipedia, do recoomend the read. She's an interesting one.

If you get a ship opn the other faction yah beter name it The Mortis Dagger :p

This is why the Fate of the Jedi series sucks. WTB more Matthew Stover. Although I guess Troy Denning is a passable replacement.

This is why the Fate of the Jedi series sucks. WTB more Matthew Stover. Although I guess Troy Denning is a passable replacement.

To be fair other than the exceptionally weird abeloth, the Fate of theb Jedi series was pretty good. The fact that they managed to tie together most of the post RoTJ EU is no mean feat.

I wish Disney hadn't shut down the EU books, I would really like to find out what happened to Khai.

Stover's Traitor was one of the best books I've read. Somewhere in the top 15. EU was awesome.

Ew no, that's a Vong book. Gross

I cannot get into any of the Vong books, because the whole Vong story arc basically boils down to "Alien Invaders" in a universe that already has aliens.

but a lot of the story after that arc was soooooooooooooo good. I think it made a lot of good things happen in the EU

By making a lot of good things happen you mean it just got the EU away from really crappy things. (Palpatine and Boba resurrection, like wut?)

Here are the speeches from our RP event for the new Guild Ship. We created a guild called "Republic Senator" so the representative from the Senate appeared to have the title Republic Senator (and if anyone wants to place an alt in the guild for future events feel free to contact me). Name is in the text:

Welcome to all members of Alpha Company.

The Senate of the Galactic Republic have watched with awe as Major Oca’s unit have blazed a trail across the galaxy in service of the Republic. Your feats of heroism, self sacrifice and boldness are example not only to the other military units of the Republic, but to the Republic itself! All of you have given everything to push the enemy back, and have become feared on the battlefield! In the dark halls of the Sith Empire, the mention of Alpha Company is spoken softly, with respect and foreboding.

I am here, as the representative of the Office of the Supreme Chancellor with a specific task:

The RWS Repulse is being decommissioned. She has served the Republic, and Alpha Company with honour, but time and battle have taken their toll. She will not be scraped, nor mothballed, but will be enshrined in the Republic Navy’s warship museum so that generations can tour her and remember her great service to the Republic.

As part of your Republic Senate, we have been committed to rebuilding our naval fleets and under the direction of the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic we are pleased to bestow a new, Valor class warship to Alpha Company!

For thousands of years, we have gone to space. We have crafted vessels to carry us and we have called them by name. These ships will nurture and care for us through perilous times, and so we affectionately call them "she." To them we toast, and ask all on hand to celebrate…

The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic is please to bestow a new, Valor class warship to Alpha Company!

In keeping with tradition, your Commanding Officer will now christen the ship. Major Oca….

Be at attention!

Senator, honoured guests and members of the two-oh-three!

OORAH!

This new ship will become a symbol of the determination of this unit. We will take the fight to where ever and when ever the enemy is. We will show no mercy. No compassion. We will never surrender.

In keeping with these set of vows, it is only right that this Valor class warship be christened:

Republic Warship Alrek Torik! May those who travel within confines of this mighty vessel be protected so that they may, when called upon bring down the righteous fire of the Republic on it’s enemies.

In naming this vessel Alrek Torik we will be reminded every time we embark of his

Loyalty, Duty, Honour, Respect, Integrity, Courage and Selfless Service and we should all strive to embody those traits everyday.

Let the word go forward from this place. The RWS Alrek Torik is coming. Alpha Company is coming!

VICTORY or DEATH!

Stover's Traitor was one of the best books I've read. Somewhere in the top 15. EU was awesome.

Favorite book, no lie. Shatterpoint was also really good, as was the Ep III novelization (though it was obviously rushed). Tried reading one of his non-Star Wars books and just couldn't get into it.

Anyway... yay for derailing threads!

Our original name was not allowed by the game.

So credit shot went with " THE MIGHTY D "

I'm going to totally assume that stands for The Mighty Ducks. Yup.

<Remnants of Hope> Hope's Light, a name based on our guild's motto "Light from a few can be a beacon to many." for our Republic side.!

I totally read that as "Light from a few can be a bacon to many", Much better in my opinion.

Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy went with {The Heart of Gold}.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"RWS Alrek Torik" - Republic Warship named after our Company's founder. There were some decent ones being tossed around, but since we recently passed our 10 year anniversary nostalgia was high and it seemed the most appropriate for us, I think the closest alternative name was the city in SWG where we had a garrison, Twilight Citadel.