Assault on Tython: Major Travik fight

First time I encountered this bug, I was running this FP 2-man with a friend. He was tanking on a Jedi Guardian, I was on my Gunnery-spec DPS Commando, and both of us had companions out (1 melee DPS and a ranged Healer). During the shield/orbital bombardment phase, the two Imperial Operator minions that showed up had... interesting problems. One of them would properly lose its shield from the targeted Orbital Bombardments from Major Travik, but the other would never lose the shield even when hit by the Orbital Bombardment multiple times. Major Travik would never drop his shield due to this; thus making it impossible to get past Major Travik and rendering him both invulnerable and an Orbital Bombardment spammer. :rolleyes:

Second time after the quickfix was implemented in the 2.9a patch, the same problem with the Imperial Operators occurs; one of the Imperial Operators loses his shield from the Orbital Bombardments but the other one still keeps his shield.

The only difference is that Major Travik DOES lose his shield once both minions are downed. This means that the fight is now technically feasible, but this particular phase now becomes a huge headache to melee tanks and melee DPS, since they still have to worry about being pummeled by Orbital Bombardments as they are attempting to tank/DPS down both Imperial Operators. The second time, I was running the FP with a full group through Groupfinder; and I was once again on my DPS Commando.

Maybe you should have called it Assault on Ben Scott.

BADUMBUMP.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again got this FP last night and as others have said one of the two shielded adds keeps his shield. So you have to damage him through his shield , which indeed takes quite a while. I was on my sage healer this time round though with 3 DPS's so I could at least heal as best as I could. Which in turn helped lessen the loss of life. Those AOE's though are too frequent from what the FP used to be like I can assure you of that.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I have fought him once since the update, he bugged out on first go, but after reset we could complete him normally.

I dont remember there being anything special about the fight, we wailed on him normally until he activated his shield, which never came down, even after the adds had died.

After we wiped and he reset, the fight worked ok as it should have. This was on empire side if it matters.

Edited by Karkais

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for all the information you guys provided and again I apologize for the bug and the failed attempt to fix it the first time. I have just submitted what should be the final fix to get this encounter working correctly. QA still has to test and sign off on it but once that is finished the fix will be in 2.10. I was not able to move fast enough to get this in a build before 2.10 as I was hoping to do :( but this should clear up any issues once 2.10 hits live.

::exits with a flourish::

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for all the information you guys provided and again I apologize for the bug and the failed attempt to fix it the first time. I have just submitted what should be the final fix to get this encounter working correctly. QA still has to test and sign off on it but once that is finished the fix will be in 2.10. I was not able to move fast enough to get this in a build before 2.10 as I was hoping to do :( but this should clear up any issues once 2.10 hits live.

Well, thanks for telling us. And here's hoping for glitch-free runs on Tython in 2.10. :)

Thanks for the celerity, I'm kind of glad it took this long since the OP posted. One week? Reasonable, imo. :)

And with all the work that is needed to keep the game working, well... I can just say keep it up with the fast answers and the fast bandaging, when this kind of situation happens. :o

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the update Ben , good to know , I will let my team mates know. Funny thing is we keep saying hope we don't get the FP from the GF and then we obviously get it. Still we cope now by just hitting him through his shield for a while. When is 2.10 btw anyone know yet ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Happened to us today. The adds ate about a dozen orbital strikes and shields remained up. Strikes were endless and so we all eventually died.

This fight is not a good one for a Tactical Flashpoint. There is no way you can manage it without a healer when this happens.

My question has been answered indirectly , so this should be fixed on September the 9th as posted here :--

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7636935#edit7636935

On a side note , upon loading into a Korriban incursion last night , I commented that I could off heal if they wanted and that was from me DPS to 3 healers , a couple of them laughed.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Hey Everyone,

How do you manage to screw up something totally unrelated to a patch is beyond me. it seems like doing this kind of thing has become your trademark. nobody tested the old fp in pts because nobody thought that you guys would mess up something totally unrelated to patch again, we thought you guys totally went above and beyond that habit but i guess we were terribly wrong. and everyday getting that accursed fp in a random queue becomes a 4 letter word festival in chat. good lord!!!!

Not sure if it's relevant but the Imperial version of the fight was fine and dandy last night. Stealth fix was it ? Still we didn't get the republic version last night so can't say for sure that both sides now work.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• 2 weeks later...

So it isn't totally obvious from the patch notes if this FP is fully fixed , as in have they lowered the frequency of the aerial attacks ( red ) of the Republic version in line with the much less frequent Imperial version of the FP ?

Anyway let me know how it is , if you have done it today thanks.

From the patch notes :-

Major Travik’s and Major Imos’ Advanced Absorption Shields are now removed during their Assault on Tython encounters, regardless of which order the other enemies are defeated.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like your fix Mr. Ben Scott wasn't handed to the HM versions team whilst they where working on this new version of the FP. I was wondering if you can look into this please ? My friend spent 2 hours in two instances of the new HM assault on tython FP and couldn't get past the first boss as his adds have the same bug as was fixed on September the 9th. Any information or update on if and when it will be re-fixed will be received with enthusiasm.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Well it looks like your fix Mr. Ben Scott wasn't handed to the HM versions team whilst they where working on this new version of the FP. I was wondering if you can look into this please ? My friend spent 2 hours in two instances of the new HM assault on tython FP and couldn't get past the first boss as his adds have the same bug as was fixed on September the 9th. Any information or update on if and when it will be re-fixed will be received with enthusiasm.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Seconded, this fight in HM is insanity. Now there are 4 mobs and the AOE drop and damage is beastly. 4 people in full 186 got wiped 4 times in a row. I'm sorry, but pug groups won't remain together for that kind of thing, especially when the rewards are garbage and the repair costs are 6k a pop..

Seconded, this fight in HM is insanity. Now there are 4 mobs and the AOE drop and damage is beastly. 4 people in full 186 got wiped 4 times in a row. I'm sorry, but pug groups won't remain together for that kind of thing, especially when the rewards are garbage and the repair costs are 6k a pop..

Our guild group uses the platform as a LOS device and runs in circles dodging lasers and waiting for the shield to time out. It's relatively repeatable and gets the boss killed.