Why no cross-faction arena teams?

Alec_Fortescue

cross-faction fixes a ton of problems with the solo rated queue. I don't think it matters for the group queue. I'm a huge advocate for the solo queue, but there are quite a few (fairly obvious) flaws to it's implementation. I really don't understand how it could have been "released" as is. but then again, I guess everybody was well aware of the bolster bugs before 2.0 hit, and they still ran with that one too. iunno. expect nothing. at least you won't be disappointed.

As I love realm vs realm pvp in mmos. I hate cross faction and what it does to any sense of community on a realm. Usually you have a team feeling when you have faction pvp and its much easier to create premades and get guilds together for common goals when you all have the same enemy.

Also meaningless dm are awful and belong in fps and wow. Nothing undermines proper rvr and team ethic than arenas.

Admittedly this isnt a problem as there is no community in swtor anyway. Shame.

No they said cross-server is not happening. They haven't said a single word ever on cross-faction

Well that's just flat our wrong there. They have stated several times that with the current engine the game runs on it's technically too difficult to implement at this time.

As I love realm vs realm pvp in mmos. I hate cross faction and what it does to any sense of community on a realm. Usually you have a team feeling when you have faction pvp and its much easier to create premades and get guilds together for common goals when you all have the same enemy.

Also meaningless dm are awful and belong in fps and wow. Nothing undermines proper rvr and team ethic than arenas.

um...I can't speak for all servers, but 6/7 teammates in any given WZ on JC, I could tell you who all his imps and pub toons were, and the person who didn't have both factions was rare. no. the population is just too small, especially for rated arenas, not to implement this. but they won't.

Well that's just flat our wrong there. They have stated several times that with the current engine the game runs on it's technically too difficult to implement at this time.

Considering that some accidental cross faction solo ranked happened on one of the PTSs, I find that highly unlikely. All they have to do is flip a switch.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Faction vs faction is good for warzones. Arenas are different, especially solo ranked. In solo ranked, you are not supposed to be more familiar with your teammates than you are with the enemy. It is not a faction v faction battle that has anything to do with the war. It is the Hutts pitting random fighters against each other in a bloody game for their amusement.

Arenas/deathmatch has its place in MMOs- don't try to take that away. It should definitely not be the only form of ranked pvp however, and 8v8 ranked should be returned.

No they said cross-server is not happening. They haven't said a single word ever on cross-faction

I don't have the direct quote, it was years ago. I distinctly remember them saying this even before the game launched. However do you remember when WERE going to get cross-server in 1.2 and then didn't? What was the reason for that?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=385976

Considering that some accidental cross faction solo ranked happened on one of the PTSs, I find that highly unlikely. All they have to do is flip a switch.

A few cross server games between PTS and a regular server tells me they tried it, it failed, and they forgot to take it out before opening the PTS to the public.

Edited by TezMoney

Faction vs faction is good for warzones. Arenas are different, especially solo ranked. In solo ranked, you are not supposed to be more familiar with your teammates than you are with the enemy. It is not a faction v faction battle that has anything to do with the war. It is the Hutts pitting random fighters against each other in a bloody game for their amusement.

Arenas/deathmatch has its place in MMOs- don't try to take that away. It should definitely not be the only form of ranked pvp however, and 8v8 ranked should be returned.

Cross faction only undermines any sense of realm. Thats why swtor has one of the worst pvp communities I've ever seen in an mmo. There is no faction, everyone either side can be an enemy so you have contempt all round. The reason you have all the premade hate is their is no reason to promote better gaming on your faction as the new players on your faction are seen as farm targets too. In most pvp mmos you have some sort of realm pride and a reason for the big guilds to try and help new players come through. Theres none of this type of community in swtor.

Its not surprising all the pvp guilds were falling over themselves to get out of this game. Bioware have no idea how to do pvp in an mmo, this isnt a lobby fps/moba. Also theres no way you can balance to both arena deathmatch and warzones. They are totally different and is one of the things that really messed up the balance in warhammer. You need to balance to a defined group size.

Edited by Tellenn

I don't have the direct quote, it was years ago. I distinctly remember them saying this even before the game launched. However do you remember when WERE going to get cross-server in 1.2 and then didn't? What was the reason for that?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=385976

That has nothing to do with cross-faction. You are getting confused. Also lol that article, 90% of that article never occurred.

For Arenas there is no reason not to implement other than lazyness. there is no issue with RP (not that they care)

it would help wait times

make it much harder to troll

make it much harder to win trade

make it much harder to qsync

make the ELO match making much more efficient.

so add all that up and you would get a potentialy fun and viable solo ranked atmosphere. and for that reason alone they will not ever do it .