Scheduled Maintenance: August 19th, 2014

ServerDroid

On August 19th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, August 19th, 2014

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 2AM PDT (9AM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Not sure why people are so hyped about this, its just a waste of resources, i mean i would find it interesting if it actually gave something useful to me, even the legacy storage is a waste, i mean, i can just mail items i need to transfer, the storage would be more better if it allowed storage of bound items, not just legacy bound....otherwise...just mail the items. lol

When it comes to strongholds, i find them a waste of resources to even implement, i never really had a house on swg, i found it a waste of credits to maintain, since it never gave me anything to warrant the waste in credits.

When it comes to guild ships, i just don't see the benefit, the guild leader will likely control it, so that means, where the leader goes, the ship will go, which means, they get the benefit all the time, you will only be lucky if you are on the same planet at the same time.

lol at lowering the difficulty of class missions....cuz the solo campaign isn't easy enough already?

I will say thank you for finally fixing the tatooine canyon exploit though. Glad I wont have to deal with that in season 3.

Edited by Raansu

I am surprised that these early patch notes mention some exploit patches ...

The season ends today, the patch comes out tomorrow, and practically every ranked player was aware of it and there has been threads asking BW to fix it, so really I don't see the issue in them mentioning it, especially since they don't specify how it worked.

Now if only these people would have their ratings reset, along with the win traders, the trolls, the queue syncers and the botters (ya both ranked queue's have a ton of issues...) and I might actually put some effort into season 3 lol.

lol at lowering the difficulty of class missions....cuz the solo campaign isn't easy enough already?

I will say thank you for finally fixing the tatooine canyon exploit though. Glad I wont have to deal with that in season 3.

Apparently not, everyday somebody asks for help on one of those missions.

Apparently not, everyday somebody asks for help on one of those missions.

I've had people whisper me when I was on my sentinel a few times. I would look at their level or their gear and half the time they are like 5-6 levels below the quest or they have gear that is still from the level 30's....The fight isn't difficult, people just don't bother paying attention to the quest level or their gear.

Thank you, Great Ptach, for the notes. :)

I'm surprised at class story missions getting reduced difficulty. Especially the Trooper's. "The Battle of Corellia" always felt right to me. An epic battle to end the Trooper class story. Hopefully, it's still epic.

Pets making noises, lol. That's either going to be really fun, or really not. No middle ground, I'd think. I'm looking forward to hearing what my organic pets have to say about things.

This patch is chocked full of interesting. I'm looking forward to trying things out.

Thank you, Great Ptach, for the notes. :)

I'm surprised at class story missions getting reduced difficulty. Especially the Trooper's. "The Battle of Corellia" always felt right to me. An epic battle to end the Trooper class story. Hopefully, it's still epic.

Pets making noises, lol. That's either going to be really fun, or really not. No middle ground, I'd think. I'm looking forward to hearing what my organic pets have to say about things.

This patch is chocked full of interesting. I'm looking forward to trying things out.

Ya the fleet is going to be really annoying with all those pets....Maybe I will bother getting a stronghold lol.

why bolster makeb to 156 ?? can understand reducing the mobs but makeb isn't exactly hard ..so I guess we can go to makeb at lvl 40 and get bolstered up .....:rolleyes:

I'm curious about the why of the Makeb changes, too.

Based on my "I don't know anything about coding a game" view, it would have made more sense to trigger the Makeb breadcrumb at level 50, instead of level 47. I've seen a few level 47 players on Makeb, but they didn't stay there long.

Tait?

I'm curious about the why of the Makeb changes, too.

Based on my "I don't know anything about coding a game" view, it would have made more sense to trigger the Makeb breadcrumb at level 50, instead of level 47. I've seen a few level 47 players on Makeb, but they didn't stay there long.

Tait?

Probably because the content is getting old and the upcoming expansion with 3.0 is probably going to raise the level cap so I'd imagine they would want to speed up the ease of leveling in that zone. That or they probably saw most people just skipping makeb and wanted to give people reasons to bother going to the planet.

why bolster makeb to 156 ?? can understand reducing the mobs but makeb isn't exactly hard ..so I guess we can go to makeb at lvl 40 and get bolstered up .....:rolleyes:

So a level 40 can do damage to a 50 plus? Who knew.