SW:TOR will experience the first ever overnight ecomonic crash of an MMO.

Kimiko

And you are the only one with this flawed ridiculous thought process.

I am a subscriber. I have been one since prerelease. When I decide that my $15 a month are NOT buying access to all content in the game as was promised when it went F2P I will start looking for a game that does provide all content to its subscribers. you can disagree with this, but it is my evaluation of whether or not my $15 a month is being rewarded properly that decides if I continue to pay. Right now I am subscribed till October, but time will tell. I paid for the buffet, not just the salad bar.

ps: what you are searching for is a false sense of entitlement. if I paid for it, it isnt false.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player that does not spend hours and hours getting to level 55 and then spends weeks and weeks gearing up will never experience some of the ops.

A player who doesn't spend weeks and months grinding reputation will never get the rewards for gaining max reputation.

So what the hell is your point? Or are you just trolling? Why sub to a game just to troll the forums?

incorrect. My guild carried a brand new 55 with garbage gear through df just to get him gear. did he die a lot? yes. so what. there was NO gate preventing him from doing so.

These are not proper credit sinks though. The strongholds and guild ships are sort of one time purchases. Once the rooms are unlocked the credit sink is gone.

Proper credit sinks are the ones that you keep using like repair costs, travel costs, mod removal costs, augmenting, GTN tax on sales and such.

So, I don't really see any new credit sinks. Just a single credit reset if you will. The gambling machines on Nar Shaddaa probable got people to spend more credits than 2.9 ever will.

I see your point on "proper credit sink", until you realize that it will be (at best estimates right now) a full year to year and a half before the ship will be fully unlocked (this is assuming doing nothing but working on the ship itself). There are hundreds of hooks that people can decorate (and you know they will... it will be a source of pride to many). rooms to unlock, etc etc etc... Its not a one time purchase, its a large expense being spread out over a long period of time.

you dont understand "entitlement". try again

Sorry little buddy in the comment I was replying too that you left out it was 100% and entitlement mentality. I'm sorry you don't understand what that means....try again...

incorrect. My guild carried a brand new 55 with garbage gear through df just to get him gear. did he die a lot? yes. so what. there was NO gate preventing him from doing so.

And someone that joins a guild with a guild ship gets instant access to guild ships and their content...that was my point what was yours? Is this just Tuxs alt account?

Sorry little buddy in the comment I was replying too that you left out it was 100% and entitlement mentality. I'm sorry you don't understand what that means....try again...

Yes tiny friend, that was ME you had quoted and you foolishly claimed that my opinion that 50 mil was too much, was "entitled", which is 100% improper usage of the word.

Yes tiny friend, that was ME you had quoted and you foolishly claimed that my opinion that 50 mil was too much, was "entitled", which is 100% improper usage of the word.

No what you said little buddy was people would quit because they don't the same content as other subs. You said with out using the entitlement word, that you are entitled to the same content because you sub and should not have to work, put any effort towards it and it should be handed to you.

again..you dont understand the definition of entitlement .....but you may not have gotten to that in your 4th year of junior high school

No what you said little buddy was people would quit because they don't the same content as other subs. You said with out using the entitlement word, that you are entitled to the same content because you sub and should not have to work, put any effort towards it and it should be handed to you.

I'll say it. If you're working when playing a game, you're doing it wrong. Games are meant to be fun. I actually agree with Tux about the cost having the possibility of locking some smaller guilds/casual players out of newer content. I also agree that it's not a good thing, particularly. It could turn some away from the game.

In short, think of this money being spent as surplus money. It's money people have earned specifically for the stronghold or who wouldn't have used it for anything else anyway. Prices may dip a little but it won't last long. If anything, the introduction of a vast array of new items will probably increase economic activity. I'm even willing to go as far as to say that we're currently playing in a SWTOR with an artificially high level of credits because of people saving for the strongholds and this will correct itself with their introduction..

Thing is, a lot of that surplus has been built over a long period of time possibly even spanning from launch. The reason most of these people are rich is not because they have some magic way of earning a ton of money but because they don't spend more than they earn. That's why people are up in arms about the costs is because now they have to dip into their long term surplus and start from square one again, this is something I for one welcome because it hits the reset switch on an already over-monopolized economy.

The price is a bit high.....to stand on it's own. Seems to me it would have been better to mix it up with content and achievements at a reduced price.

In other words, leave this pure credit purchase in place, but add two more price tiers, perhaps 35 mil and 20 mil with requirements, like certain content cleared and/or achievements.

I think they will. Stop saying "you" when you clearly mean something else...otherwise, quit lying about what "I" want. Ask me if you'd like, just stop lying.

He said subs have the right to have everything other subs get "entitlement". Now I look forward to your ignorant replies in the future...

Where? Or are you lying again? I said it diminishes what subs have access to.

I think they will. Stop saying "you" when you clearly mean something else...otherwise, quit lying about what "I" want. Ask me if you'd like, just stop lying.

"You" in this was not Tuxs "you" were those who you (that's Tuxs) was referring should be entitled to all the content other subs get without putting in the time, dedication or credits for it. I'm not lying you said it not me.

"You" in this was not Tuxs "you" were those who you (that's Tuxs) was referring should be entitled to all the content other subs get without putting in the time, dedication or credits for it. I'm not lying you said it not me.

I've not used the word entitled - that's YOU (as in YOU)...

This game, has nowhere near the complexity in the market as eve online. I think you were thinking of that game. Market/pvp/pve, it all does not matter in this theme park, no risk game.

Eve, practically everything in that game is created by players. There it matters.

Swtor just offers spare time, care free gaming. Nothing at risk, no actual value to it, Just right.

Where? Or are you lying again? I said it diminishes what subs have access to.

Right here little buddy...

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs

No, that's not what I meant. The guy I quoted assumed the only impact with the cost of 2.9 would be a slight slow down on the GTN. I don't care about the GTN at all, I care about the guilds being gated from the guild content in 2.9. Those players will have less devotion to SWTOR because their subs aren't buying them the same content others are.

"BECAUSE THEIR SUBS ARENT BUYING THEM THE SAME CONTENT OTHERS ARE".

"They are entitled to the same content everyone else is without working for it. " is pretty much what your quote says.

They do pay for the same content and they have to work for it just like everyone else.

There is no problem at all. People who are able to make money will continue to make money. People who are unable to make money, will be still unable to make money. Business as usual. There is no reason to spend all of personal wealth at once, people that have the cash most likely already know that. Most of the expenses can be spread among a group of people and a lot can be achieved through collaboration.

you tend to lie a lot. Someone that pays for something is entitled to it. the phrase you are searching for is "a false sense of entitlement" which is when someone does not pay yet still wants it. big difference.

btw: your continued use of insults is a violation of the TOS. you might want to watch that before someone hits the report post button.

And they do get it, but he is saying they shouldn't have to work for it and it should be handed to them.

Btw: you should listen to your own advice...

I will be sure to take a dive off of a fleet balcony when people stop buying augment components from me on the GTN. I'll try to remember to use one of the balconies that doesn't drop my character into a pool. Edited by Savej