The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Completely true. That left quite a sour taste in my mouth.

Would hope kokatu and other gaming sites would open their eyes to this. And write something about it.

Either get seperate downtime cycles, or lower the sub fee for EU customers. I would rather have seperate downtime since money is not really a huge issue. But there is no way we should all bend over and take all the S*** EA/BW throws at us. Even if we are lowlife europeans afterall.

Many of the websites out there are eager to bash, you can rest assured Kotaku and others will be more than happy to launch a smear campaign at TOR. It's a crying shame BioWare is giving them so much ammunition to do so.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ridiculous that we even have to complain because both EA and Bioware are incompetent.

Even the daily quests reset on the US time on our EU servers.

I don't think people will put up with this garbage after the novelty of the game wears off.

I just canceled my sub and wrote why pretty sure they will respond if more people do it.

What I do know is that this is my last BW/EA product I will spend my money on simple as that.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

Another 8 hour daytime slot scheduled this week, 10 if the over run is the same as last time. I am flabbergasted. Despite not usually being one to "cut off my nose to spite my face" I did in this case. Despite really enjoying the game I cancelled, I feel that strongly, I was that angry at Chris Collins 'reason'. I just hope they give the exit poll a bit more weight than the forums. No you can't have my stuff as I really hope that they see sense and stop this BS sooner rather than later.

Whilst I imagine only a few will go this far (a few to many for EA shareholders) people should open tickets to voice their displeasure at least it is then in an audited system rather than the forums which are not. The other thing is to twitter Reid (@rockjaw) seems to be the medium to use if you want to get noticed.

what's even more disturbing is that this is the second time EU people "whine" and "moan" and "troll" about it... and the reaction?

ZERO.

arrogance, truly unadulterated infinite arrogance.

And what pissed me off is this:

This is a great game. It has bugs, and some problems, but hey, it's been only two weeks live and i could easily get over it. But the management, the communication, the customer support, the decisions they made makes hard for someone like me to continue giving them my cash.

I'm not paying just for some SW game, be it great and with such potential as this one. Even more, i'm not subscribing to a SW game, be it the best solo/MMO whatever game out there. Not unless i do get some service in return. That's why EA/BW is charging us every month.

And i can't seem to forget SR's "highest quality of service" BS from some months ago...

They got the servers in Ireland, the worst possible location for it customer wise (although they probably made it a "winner" choice from an economical point of view) and call it "highest quality of service".

BS should be a trademark of EA/BW.

P.S. and having them saying that they "strive" for this?!?! gosh darn, how pathetic is that? the meaning of the word "strive" coupled with the BS you're throwing... it really makes me wonder what's it like not to strive... just a "normal" way of solving a problem.

again: BSTM © EA/BW

Edited by Urdnaxela

I remember this large thread in beta about EU players being concerned about maintenance times.

People stated that they would go into our prime time ,especially for GMT +1 and GMT +2.

Bioware did respond and they stated they would have different times for the EU,.

They actually stated they did understand that this is a concern for the EU player base.

The beta boards got wiped out and of course they sing a different tune now stating the opposite.

Putting the servers in Ireland is just being cheap.

My MS in WOW is below 10 I am pretty sure I aim around 100 here, I notice the lag.

I've also experience quite some lag spikes.

I knew EA was no good but I expected them not to blunder with a title that costs that much money.

- EU servers on a horrible location.

- Poor EU customer service

-Server maintenance that lasts up to 19:00-20:00 GMT +1 and GMT +2 you know the majority of Europe.

-Just straight out lying to your EU customer base.

-No intention of fixing the issue.

This is exactly why Blizzard is still one of the best companies out there, EA is still garbage and Bioware should stick to single player RPG's and remake mass effect with different skins.

what's even more disturbing is that this is the second time EU people "whine" and "moan" and "troll" about it... and the reaction?

ZERO.

arrogance, truly unadulterated infinite arrogance.

And what pissed me off is this:

This is a great game. It has bugs, and some problems, but hey, it's been only two weeks live and i could easily get over it. But the management, the communication, the customer support, the decisions they made makes hard for someone like me to continue giving them my cash.

I'm not paying just for some SW game, be it great and with such potential as this one. Even more, i'm not subscribing to a SW game, be it the best solo/MMO whatever game out there. Not unless i do get some service in return. That's why EA/BW is charging us every month.

And i can't seem to forget SR's "highest quality of service" BS from some months ago...

They got the servers in Ireland, the worst possible location for it customer wise (although they probably made it a "winner" choice from an economical point of view) and call it "highest quality of service".

BS should be a trademark of EA/BW.

Wait, what? The servers are in Ireland?

I thought all the server were actually located in the US and only customer service/community support is covered in Ireland?

Maybe because MOST jobs are along the 8-4 or 9-5 timeline? You know that thing that creates rush hour traffic and whatnot.

Well if you're going that way, to take the "normal timeline" for jobs, many people don't work wednesday afternoon in EU and it's just when Bioware/EA decided to push their next maintenance.

Anyway, the real problem is not really the maintenance frame, it's just that the maintenance is way too long.

If it was only 2-3hours as every MMOs out there, people wouldn't mind any hours, 8 hours is freaking long for a maintenance, and i'm a net admin.

Edited by Fufy

It's ridiculous that we even have to complain because both EA and Bioware are incompetent.

I don't think people will put up with this garbage after the novelty of the game wears off.

I just canceled my sub and wrote why pretty sure they will respond if more people do it.

What I do know is that this is my last BW/EA product I will spend my money on simple as that.

Same here

Goodbye to fifa, battlefield, me3, daX....

Maybe because MOST jobs are along the 8-4 or 9-5 timeline? You know that thing that creates rush hour traffic and whatnot.

Last maintenance: Servers where up around 20:00 GMT +1

This maintenance: Servers will be atleast down up to 19:00 GMT+1

Most of Europe uses GMT +1 and GMT +2.

I am pretty sure most people are long done eating around 20:00.

Besides if that is their attitude why do they take the servers down in the US around 0:00?

Because they know very well these times are inconvenient.

Same here

Goodbye to fifa, battlefield, me3, daX....

I can go with out, only loss will be ME3.

But I am pretty sure HOS/Diablo 3 and GW2 will keep me happy.

Many jobs are at this time yes, but there are plenty of us that dont work at this time. And you really need to take timezones into consideration. Europe varies from GMT/GMT+4. How is GMT+4 13:00-21:00 not getting in the way of when people play?

EU needs a seperate maintenance at night time, anything else is a disgrace.

There is no wonder that people are complaining, it would have been just the same or worse if US were the victims of this.

Europe varies from GMT/GMT+4. How is GMT+4 13:00-21:00 not getting in the way of when people play?

EU needs a seperate maintenance at night time, anything else is a disgrace.

There is no wonder that people are complaining, it would have been just the same or worse if US were the victims of this.

Totally agree.

If the north americans would be suffering this downtimes... this would be in flames!

It's not a problem of time work or not, if a question of SERVICE and Bioware is spitting on our faces again and again with his arrogance, ignoring us.

But I suppose that they take a note when the european sales and subscription will go on a free downfall.

Edited by CovenantOfDeath

My pennies are on that this is not BW, but the dreadful EA that is calling most of the shots.

I really did avoid buying any EA games for a long time, but then the lure of SW:TOR got the better of me and I succumbed. I hoped that BW, a company I had always had huge respect for, would manage to still be "themselves" even when in bed with EA. Sadly I seem to be mistaken. However I am still happy to be persuaded otherwise and some common sense and a communication around the maintenance slots would be a step in the right direction.

Sadly in the end this is EA.

Even if the EU stops subbing they had a good cash grab.

I don't expect them to remotely care about this issue, let alone bother reading anything to it.

This is also a reason why so many people think EA is horrible and with this they prove it again.

As for Bioware well they are EA simple as that, they just kept their name to get people to buy their products.

Just as Bioware C&C generals sounds less bad than EA making C&C generals since we all know what a miserable game C&C 4 was.

My pennies are on that this is not BW, but the dreadful EA that is calling most of the shots.

Yeah we got suckered in.

You would expect EA not to waste such a name as Bioware and SW but here you are.

They just do it for a quick cash grab.

I wrote to Kotaku. Hope it's the right email.

Write guys! Write the gaming sites, ask them for help. Write to the game support, ask them to stop.

Because as it stands right now, maintenance takes up our whole day. Up to 6 PM in my case. This is absurd!

I've said it before but it bears repeating, Rift managed to have EU times from the get-go. With a much smaller budget. There is no excuse for EA/BW not having this already, since it's proven it's quite possible for a new MMO to have great success with this model.

Remember EU pays for this product just as our North American friends, and should we not get the same service?

Sadly in the end this is EA.

Even if the EU stops subbing they had a good cash grab.

I don't expect them to remotely care about this issue, let alone bother reading anything to it.

This is also a reason why so many people think EA is horrible and with this they prove it again.

As for Bioware well they are EA simple as that, they just kept their name to get people to buy their products.

Just as Bioware C&C generals sounds less bad than EA making C&C generals since we all know what a miserable game C&C 4 was.

Yeah we got suckered in.

You would expect EA not to waste such a name as Bioware and SW but here you are.

They just do it for a quick cash grab.

Yeah, i still have the C&C 4 DVD somewhere in the house... Didn't even finish the campaigns, and i only got to play 1 multiplayer game. horse manure from the 1st second to the last...

Remember EU pays for this product just as our North American friends, and should we not get the same service?

Actually, we pay more. Well People who pay in Euros does, £ is a little less than $.

I wrote to Kotaku. Hope it's the right email.

Write guys! Write the gaming sites, ask them for help. Write to the game support, ask them to stop.

Because as it stands right now, maintenance takes up our whole day. Up to 6 PM in my case. This is absurd!

I sent a mail to SW:TOR Customer Support, expressing my dissatisfaction. I am not quite ready to take this to the online gaming platforms though, I will still give BioWare a chance to do the right thing (and yes, I know it's more than they deserve).

I've said it before but it bears repeating, Rift managed to have EU times from the get-go. With a much smaller budget. There is no excuse for EA/BW not having this already, since it's proven it's quite possible for a new MMO to have great success with this model.

This was never a matter of money, it was a matter of choice. I just can't figure out why BioWare chose to do this...

Not quite. EU players pay MORE. Even with taxes and such (VAT), they still get about 7% more off our backs than they do from US players. And remember, the servers being in Ireland (the "best" location if you go with their official statements - best because it';s friggin cheap not because they strive for the highest QoS!!!) their expenses are quite low.

As for the US players - congratz to those that understand the issue; and "go back to your hole" for those that don't. I don't care how much i generalize or not, at this point, i's so pissed by the attitudes of some of our overseas "brethren" that i simply don't care anymore.

Hey Bioware how staging your maintenance in two sittings of four hours each?

That way us guys in Europe would only be offline untill noon and would therfore inconvenience us less.

Oh im sorry did i say something that actually gave a damn for European customers?? O boy i guess you guys over in the states could'nt think of that!

Learn from Blizzard. Do your maintenace overnight in BOTH continents like a smart professional company that cares about keeping its European subscribers happy.

The only way we will get Bioware and EA to listen to us in the EU is through negative publicity. Start contacting Gamespot, IGN and other gaming sites to get this spotlighted. But we all have to do it instead of sitting on here whinning on forums we ALL know Bioware isnt listening to!

Bioware you sir fail us in the E.U.

Yeah, i still have the C&C 4 DVD somewhere in the house... Didn't even finish the campaigns, and i only got to play 1 multiplayer game. horse manure from the 1st second to the last...

It's up there with Duke Nukem forever.

That pretty much cash grabbed with C&C , pretty sure they will do the same with Generals but now use Bioware instead of Westwood.

Actually I take it back,it's worse.

Anyway back to topic , best is just to cancel sub say why and nudge sites.

Even if they won't change anything it will hurt their sales.

Starting your maintenance during daytime and finishing very late in the afternoon is something I find not normal. I work in shifts so basicly this is not good for me. Even if it still is one day in the week.

Honestly but I could live with this if they alternated between a convenient EU maintenance time slot and a convenient US maintenance time slot. Now it just feels like EU just has to deal with it. I'd think a lot of the 'global' responses would be different then and everyone would be on the same page for a seperate maintenance slot.

We already have to deal with regional pricing issues..

Edited by byter

This will now be 2 full days lost playtime for me, I have written to Bioware demanding my subscription be extended by two days, a perfectly reasonable request I feel.

No it's not, you signed the Terms of Use, which states, in capitals even:

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH BIOWARE, LUCASARTS OR ITS LICENSORS IS TO STOP USING TOR SERVICES, AND TO CANCEL YOUR TOR ACCOUNT.

You're entitled to nothing, but to stop playing TOR. From a legal point of view, that is.