Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

ffs people... its the first real patch after the first week of release....

take a chillpill and relax. it will all straighten out... give them time to over the chaotic few weeks leading up to the release....

How is it going to straighten out? They believe that the maintenance slot they used yesterday to be a good slot. Unless they suddenly change their minds, how is it going to improve?

Edited by Mandrax

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u LIVE in USA right?

We are 2 category citizens, and bioware trolling EUROPEAN comunity .

TIP: If u gonna post and u live on USA (east or west) i dont care, TL/DR , just we are playing and PAYING LIKE THE REST. stop RACISM.(yes racism)

Cheers!

No, it isn't racism. As much as I think that BioWare have got this wrong, it is NOT racism.

No, it isn't racism. As much as I think that BioWare have got this wrong, it is NOT racism.

Bioware---> american company----> american users-----> dont care ----> eu--->trolling.

I think so really bioware is not prepared for try get a chance on a MMos industry, with all european players raging and nearly to cancell accounts is not a good start for one game.

(and for sure Game administrators, and forum-checkes/mods)(they exist in this game?? really?) dont care and dont appears on that forums) U know why? cause they DONT CARE about european players, but just i gonna say a good tip.... the best players "Normally" in MMOs born in europe (then try be cutiest with hardcore players)

Try be polite with europeans or u guys get thousand and thousand cancells in 2 weeks.

Edited by sekitosekete

Bioware---> american company----> american users-----> dont care ----> eu--->trolling.

I think so really bioware is not prepared for try get a chance on a MMos industry, with all european players raging and nearly to cancell accounts is not a good start for one game.

(and for sure Game administrators, and forum-checkes/mods)(they exist in this game?? really?) dont care and dont appears on that forums) U know why? cause they DONT CARE about european players, but just i gonna say a good tip.... the best players "Normally" in MMOs born in europe (then try be cutiest with hardcore players)

Try be polite with europeans or u guys get thousand and thousand cancells in 2 weeks.

Still doesn't make it racism.

I personally believe that they are doing it this way to suit themselves rather than putting the EU community first. I don't believe they are doing it out of prejudice towards their EU customers.

Still doesn't make it racism.

I personally believe that they are doing it this way to suit themselves rather than putting the EU community first. I don't believe they are doing it out of prejudice towards their EU customers.

Ok sure... i understand u... u living on USA west or USA east? Because if u are not american player.... and u are defending bioware.... i sorry but i think u giving ur soul to the evil.

(yes a little sarcasm

I see 3 possible solutions:

1. Reduce weekly downtime to 1 hour (i doubt it's possible)

2. Move downtime to 4:00 CET or even earlier (preferred solution)

Blizzard does it that way.

3. Downtime should be not weekly, but monthly

P.S.: Pretty much every reply from US based players in this thread is full of nonconstructive and ignorant nonsense.

Edited by Alexx_T

Ok sure... i understand u... u living on USA west or USA east? Because if u are not american player.... and u are defending bioware.... i sorry but i think u giving ur soul to the evil.

(yes a little sarcasm

Err...I'm in England, so am negatively affected by the ridiculous maintenance time. Read my previous posts, it's obvious I'm totally against this issue. I am merely attempting to show you that you are wrong when you called them racists. I don't believe these maintenance times are due to prejudices against EU players, it's more likely because it's easier for them.

So yes, I'm defending them from your statement that they are racists, but I am not defending their decision to carry out maintenance at times when lots of EU players want to play the game. If you can't see the difference, you need help.

Edited by Mandrax

u LIVE in USA right?

We are 2 category citizens, and bioware trolling EUROPEAN comunity .

TIP: If u gonna post and u live on USA (east or west) i dont care, TL/DR , just we are playing and PAYING LIKE THE REST. stop RACISM.(yes racism)

Cheers!

Please, just shut up .. you're making me embarrassed to be a European.

And using the term racism only makes you look stupid.

3. Downtime should be not weekly, but monthly.

4. Do without weekly maintenance.

I've played FFXI since 2005 and it has never had weekly downtime, the servers stay up literally for weeks and weeks on end, and have done all that time, yet server failures are rare.

Edited by KerinKor

Well they say they want to be a global company then be one. Hire EU staffing to help us when we need help via phone. Do you know what international calls cost? not to mention being up in the wee hours of the morning to be able to call USA times?

You can have your cake and eat it too but you have to pay for it. no free rides. We pay you, you respect us and give us equal care as you to US players

I am an American but living in EU (for 7 years now), and I never saw how poorly EU players were treated till I moved here.

Our Euros are good but that seems to be as far as they will go with respecting us back

This is absolutely ridiculous and incompetence of the highest order. Obviously I'm emoing because it's cutting into my play time but who on earth in their right mind doesn't put EU maintenance on a night-cycle.

This might be a subscription ender for me if it carries on like this permanently.

This is almost comical.

Look, as you checked the AGREE button it also mentioned there will be downtime. Instead of assuming all things are perfect understand that all MMOs and most online software need updates, fixes, defrag, misc work.

If you cannot understand this or the time it has to be done then your right maybe you should get out of gaming online. You may not like the down times.

3. Downtime should be not weekly, but monthly

P.S.: Pretty much every reply from US based players in this thread is full of nonconstructive and ignorant nonsense.

LOLOL... what??

You know... seeing this really lets people know how far out of the realistic loop you are about what is going on.

I mean this is almost unreal good. I hope a Dev is seeing this shaking his head in wonder and amazement.

I know I am...

Hey Bioware I am declaring myself special and I want my own server downtime.

In fact, I am now ISKLAND -

I want my downtime to be between 3 am and 6 am On Thursdays of every week or that's it...!!!!!!

That way I do not cater to your company and how it's business functions but HOW I WANT IT TO FUNCTION that is the best window for my game time.

In fact.. on top of that I want the respect and care you give anyone in the US ok?

Now then... I do hope someone gets mad and says something about my country, calls me names or gets mad.

Because then we would be going down the hypocrite road...

I want my downtime to be between 3 am and 6 am On Thursdays of every week or that's it...!!!!!!

That way I do not cater to your company and how it's business functions but HOW I WANT IT TO FUNCTION that is the best window for my game time.

In fact.. on top of that I want the respect and care you give anyone in the US ok?

Now then... I do hope someone gets mad and says something about my country, calls me names or gets mad.

You're making absolutely no sense at all with your strawman arguments.

Ok, so Bioware can't do seperate updates for whatever reason. How about they at least alternate which timezone gets the shaft? If the Americans have no issue with the servers being down in the day why can't we take turns?

This would be great and very fair.

So the US people who are coming into this thread and calling us whiners wouldn't mind this solution then? I'd love for them to do this, but the amount of outrage and QQing from across the pond would be epic. It's easy for them to get on their high horse when they're not the ones shafted...again...

If they would take turns with the daytime downtime, there'd be a massive *****torm from our lesser intelligent US counterparts.

Of the 4 maintenance times, one was during their daytime. The whining on these boards was out of control back then. And now they are telling us to suck it up and not act self-entitled?

Dear God. The only people who think they are entitled to be special are the Amerifags thinking they are the ones who deserve to have maintenance from 1am->7am, while the rest of the world has to have maintenance during the 9am->11pm hours.

Can't surprise me though. The Americans as a people have been away from the Eurasian continent for too long, it affects their mental processes.

Edited by Dekadez

If they would take turns with the daytime downtime, there'd be a massive *****torm from our lesser intelligent US counterparts.

Of the 4 maintenance times, one was during their daytime. The whining on these boards was out of control back then. And now they are telling us to suck it up and not act self-entitled?

Dear God. The only people who think they are entitled to be special are the Amerifags thinking they are the ones who deserve to have maintenance from 1am->7am, while the rest of the world has to have maintenance during the 9am->11pm hours.

Your ****** EU contries have to make their own games, then they can have their own maintenance times. But no, EU is poor and can't afford luxury. :rolleyes:

[e]Oh come on, this was supposed to be sarcasm based on some posts in this thread. I'm one of these guys that want seperate maintenance times, because my gaming time isn't considered "peak time".[/e]

Edited by GHeissi

I love you!

So few player smarter and too much kids ... this is sad :(

LOLOL... what??

You know... seeing this really lets people know how far out of the realistic loop you are about what is going on.

I mean this is almost unreal good. I hope a Dev is seeing this shaking his head in wonder and amazement.

I know I am...

Why?

Other AAA MMOs already have separate maintenance times for EU and US. Why? Because it's the sensible thing to do if you don't want to piss off your EU players.

Clearly BioWare don't give a stuff about that as they've demonstrated over the past couple of years, so all this will likely fall on deaf ears.

I do not get the bashing of countries or people, BIOWARE is the one failing here no matter where they call home

Ease up on the attacks of other Countries, every country has issues and problems, we are here to get away from those..let's stay focused on who we are really frustrated at here

As a fellow european.. I have to ask.

Why do we have to slate the US because of this?

Yes, I definitely think this needs fixing. But what does it prove when we start slating another continent. How foolish is that?

What Bioware's motives are for the current maintenance is anyone's guess. My personal guess is that it has to do with money. One big maintenance is much easier than two different ones cost-wise.

The only real other reason I see why to merge the maintenance is because of the select few chasing world firsts. But then again, reason one and reason two would kind of clash.. as those select few are just that.. a few.

I think all has been said in this thread that needed to be said (and sadly, quite a bit more). What we need now is a response from Bioware. Without them this is kind of a one-sided discussion. ;)