The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't meant to be hostile, I was pointing it out more as a statement of fact that your fleet would be overly and unfairly advantaged in a close engagement. Sorry bout that.

Well you can hope, but from the look of things on the ground you have your work cut out for you. The CIC is so freakin mobile and high-quality I can't imagine the FE wiping the CIC out very quickly.

I had an idea. As a mean to counter Annihilators droids, what if a F9-TZ Transports coaked and maneuvered its way into the Annihilator's shields loaded with explosives or commando droids and just blew it up/ripped it apart? Essentially a vehicular grenade roll...

We'll deal with ground strategies later, but I'll just say now that it probably won't work.

And Dooku, canonically one of the wealthiest men in the galaxy.
#24 When in the Kaggath, no members of Leadership have immediate access to supplies such as money, raw materials, armies, navies etc. they are completely isolated from them.

Sorry. :jawa_wink:

Edited by Beniboybling

#24 When in the Kaggath, no members of Leadership have immediate access to supplies such as money, raw materials, armies, navies etc. they are completely isolated from them.

Sorry. :jawa_wink:

Dooku doesn't have access to his personal funds, that which he inherited from House Dooku of Serenno?

And Xizor does?

So confused as to how you get away with this :rolleyes:

/5char

Dooku doesn't have his money, Xizor doesn't have his, and his Pirates are working with payment pending. Should be even easier to get that fleet to defect now.

And Xixor does?

So confused as to how you get away with this :rolleyes:

Yes, the Black Sun have access to all their monetary assets. Xizor technically does not but considering he is the leader of the Black Sun and the Black Sun are the Confederacy's supplier he has full access to his powerbase.
:rolleyes:

/5char

Dooku doesn't have his money, Xizor doesn't have his, and his Pirates are working with payment pending. Should be even easier to get that fleet to defect now.

Come on folks read the OP will yah!

Dooku has the monetary assets of his supplier, the Trade Federation. Xizor has the monetary assets of his supplier, the Black Sun, which are practically his own monetary assets considering he is the leader of the Black Sun.

It baffles me how such a simple matter has become on issue.

Edited by Beniboybling

Xizors private funds are not Black Sun power base.

In fact, all the Pay was heald by the Vigos, IE, Xizor... So the confederacy is technically broke.

Yes, the Black Sun have access to all their monetary assets. Xizor technically does not but considering he is the leader of the Black Sun and the Black Sun are the Confederacy's supplier he technically has full access to his powerbase.
Happy now?

So the Fist has access to every asset that the Intelligence community has, in addition to the Trade Federation funds?

That's a lot of black-budget/slush fund/spy money right there.

Edited by tausra

But again.

All the money would have been held by Xizor and his Vigos, the black sun has nothing, but whatever.

Trade federation + Imperial intelligence are richer.

This isn't a competition, well it is but lets not take it too far.

I'm certainly not inclined to take that loophole seriously. Noting that the Vigos are present here.

This isn't a competition, well it is but lets not take it too far.

I'm certainly not inclined to take that loophole seriously. Noting that the Vigos are present here.

"Do not intend to find Loopholes!"

:p

But yeh, IA were rich as hell, Trade federation did what the hell they wanted.

Only ended up losing funds because they backed the Seperatists.

They got richer than imaginable by basically blackmailing the republic.

"Do not intend to find Loopholes!"

:p

But yeh, IA were rich as hell, Trade federation did what the hell they wanted.

Only ended up losing funds because they backed the Seperatists.

They got richer than imaginable by basically blackmailing the republic.

I think this needs reminding:

It is a vast criminal syndicate…its influence felt on every planet from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. Black Sun has existed for hundreds of years, and embedded itself in the very fiber of the galaxy. The resources at its disposal are almost limitless. The soldiers under its command number in the tens of thousands. The ignorant even call it the most powerful force in the known universe.

And that was pre-Xizor.

The Trade Federation was a wealthy megacoporation, and Sith Intelligence does indeed have access to a wealth of funds, but I really don't see their monetary might surpassing that of a galaxy wide underworld empire.

Remember, at one point Xizor was once one of the most powerful and influential beings in the galaxy. Money talks.

EDIT: A quote from the Wookiee describing their power under Xizor (source: Shadows of the Empire)

Black Sun's influence was tremendous. They had a practically limitless amount of credits; more than enough to finance any operation they wished to complete. They ruled the underworld and few individuals or organizations dared to cross them or pose a threat to them.

Again the Trade Federation and Intelligence are wealthy, but never have they're powers been described as limitless.

Edited by Beniboybling

I think this needs reminding:

It is a vast criminal syndicate…its influence felt on every planet from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. Black Sun has existed for hundreds of years, and embedded itself in the very fiber of the galaxy. The resources at its disposal are almost limitless. The soldiers under its command number in the tens of thousands. The ignorant even call it the most powerful force in the known universe.

And that was pre-Xizor.

The Trade Federation was a wealthy megacoporation, and Sith Intelligence does indeed have access to a wealth of funds, but I really don't see their monetary might surpassing that of a galaxy wide underworld empire.

Remember, at one point Xizor was once one of the most powerful and influential beings in the galaxy. Money talks.

EDIT: A quote from the Wookiee describing their power under Xizor (source: Shadows of the Empire)

Black Sun's influence was tremendous. They had a practically limitless amount of credits; more than enough to finance any operation they wished to complete. They ruled the underworld and few individuals or organizations dared to cross them or pose a threat to them.

Again the Trade Federation and Intelligence are wealthy, but never have they're powers been described as limitless.

But again.

Black Sun didn't have to be rich to pull that off. They didn't have fancy fleets or anything, they relied on Criminals.

Everything that was hit was always a good source of money. People didn't need to get payed upfront because they knew their target would be worth enough to black sun to warrant a pay.

They didn't keep full time armies like the Republic or Empire, and they never had fleets, because it was simply way OP costly. The republic was infinitely richer, as was the Empire. And even the Trade Federation.

Again, they did have a standing navy, and a standing army, because they could afford it and because It was a fantastic way of making money....

Black sun didn't need to be THAT rich to have that kind of influence, they're rich, but not that rich...

But again.

Black Sun didn't have to be rich to pull that off. They didn't have fancy fleets or anything, they relied on Criminals.

Everything that was hit was always a good source of money. People didn't need to get payed upfront because they knew their target would be worth enough to black sun to warrant a pay.

They didn't keep full time armies like the Republic or Empire, and they never had fleets, because it was simply way OP costly. The republic was infinitely richer, as was the Empire. And even the Trade Federation.

Again, they did have a standing navy, and a standing army, because they could afford it and because It was a fantastic way of making money....

Black sun didn't need to be THAT rich to have that kind of influence, they're rich, but not that rich...

The resources available to Black Sun rivaled those belonging to a large planetary army, including foot soldiers.

Xizor also had his own personal navy.

They have a "pratically limitless" amount of credits, I don't buy the assumptions your making either. Sure they are not as rich as the Empire or the Republic but I don't see the Trade Federation being thrown into this pile.

The resources available to Black Sun rivaled those belonging to a large planetary army, including foot soldiers.

Xizor also had his own personal navy.

They have a "pratically limitless" amount of credits, I don't buy the assumptions your making either. Sure they are not as rich as the Empire or the Republic but I don't see the Trade Federation being thrown into this pile.

But really, they don't NEED limitless credits.

This is all about whether or not you can bring enough, they're not going to start a bidding war, it's "I'll pay X," "I'll match it" and all the underworld flocking to which side they think will win.

A lot would also see massive opportunities to seize power if Dooku wins, power of the underworld that is. I wouldn't be surprised if a few Vigo's joined Dooku, Hoping to take Xizors place.