Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

He has certainly prepared for his opponents. Remember the Esseles, he had special "preparations" for his "visitors." He also masterminded several of the Empire's most devastating campaigns, surely this would entail a certain level of preparation, yes?

Has he done it before though?

That is the only question regarding this that matters. Since if he enters the system and sees the CIC do it, it is too late to replicate it, but if he does it regularly then it is even. Though from what I have seen, he appears to prefer the usual of just deploying them from his hangers.

Military Genius or not does not matter here. It is merely a question of precedents.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he done it before though?

That is the only question regarding this that matters. Since if he enters the system and sees the CIC do it, it is too late to replicate it, but if he does it regularly then it is even. Though from what I have seen, he appears to prefer the usual of just deploying them from his hangers.

Military Genius or not does not matter here. It is merely a question of precedents.

I just said that he masterminded campaigns. Masterminding a campaign is not rushing blindly into conflict.

Plus, IIRC, he made preparations for the Republic's siege on the Maelstrom Nebula.

It is hyperspace rings. Numbers, I do not know, as I would rather not do any math today. Beni? Tune? Y'all love math. I prefer writing and history :p

See every one will hate me for this, but according to the rules..... Your ships need to have deployed your fighters at one point or another.... Beni you know where I go with that, if it doesnt have a bay... fighters dont fit in the bay. Fighter sizes and compliment sizes were supposed to be decided based on the numbers your fleet could field out of its hangars.... if your fleet can field 0..... well, there is your answer...

Edited by tunewalker

I just said that he masterminded campaigns. Masterminding a campaign is not rushing blindly into conflict.

Plus, IIRC, he made preparations for the Republic's siege on the Maelstrom Nebula.

Masterminding these campaigns is great, it shows he is great at what he does. I am not trying to diminish him or his abilities regarding that at all. However, you evade the question.

Has he previously deployed his fighters separately before hyper spacing into battle before?

Which Sith Wars? Kun's or Ruin/Kaan's?

Either or, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that the Holocron was a comprehensive overview of the Sith Empire's military.

It doesn't state. I do however agree with you. I was just pointing it out :p

To change the topic, with both the Stinger and the Virago, the Empire's fleet will take some heavy hits. The Stinger could bring down SD's in one shot, IIRC, and the Virago uses an advanced targeting system that effectively makes it perfect with any weapon. Add a few diamond boron missiles and you have a s*** storm cooked up.

Masterminding these campaigns is great, it shows he is great at what he does. I am not trying to diminish him or his abilities regarding that at all. However, you evade the question.

Has he previously deployed his fighters separately before hyper spacing into battle before?

That's what you're referring to? I was referring to the preparation aspect. The answer is no, because I don't think the SE's fighters had hyperspace capability.

It doesn't state. I do however agree with you. I was just pointing it out :p

To change the topic, with both the Stinger and the Virago, the Empire's fleet will take some heavy hits. The Stinger could bring down SD's in one shot, IIRC, and the Virago uses an advanced targeting system that effectively makes it perfect with any weapon. Add a few diamond boron missiles and you have a s*** storm cooked up.

Does Ventress get her ship?

That's what you're referring to? I was referring to the preparation aspect. The answer is no, because I don't think the SE's fighters had hyperspace capability.

That was all I was asking for.

As for his preparation skills, I agree that he has done a great job throughout his career. I was never trying to undermine his skills, merely answer the previous question.

That was all I was asking for.

As for his preparation skills, I agree that he has done a great job throughout his career. I was never trying to undermine his skills, merely answer the previous question.

Well fine. I guess we had communication issues.

I don't think people are quite understanding the preparations rule here. It applies to suppliers and organisations only and encompasses any weapons and technology it would seem feasible to be preequipped. It is not a rule that allows pre-preparation in general. The Confederacy has the backing of the Black Sun and the Colicoid Creation Nest it therefore standard to reason they would be preequipped with illegal technology and discord missiles.

Does Ventress get her ship?
No she doesn't CAUSE REASONS!

Yes she does! Everyone gets personal craft, as long as its not a capital ship. So just take it already! Gawds.

EDIT: And yes before you ask Dooku gets his solar sailer as well.

Edited by Beniboybling

The Trident? I doubt see why not, although I am not the arbiter. And she should watch out. The Virago could take it down easily if the wiki is correct on its stats....

With Ventress in it, that might not be as easy as you think. She was able to duke it out with Anakin, one of the best starfighter pilots in the galaxy.

Also, don't forget the Fury-class. With all of its modifications, those things could take out the Virago and Stinger.

No she doesn't CAUSE REASONS!

Yes she does! Everyone gets personal craft, as long as its not a capital ship. So just take it already! Gawds.

EDIT: And yes before you ask Dooku gets his solar sailer as well.

Yes! Now Dooku will destroy everyone with his amazing pilot skills!

I don't think people are quite understanding the preparations rule here. It applies to suppliers and organisations only and encompasses any weapons and technology it would seem feasible to be preequipped. It is not a rule that allows pre-preparation in general. The Confederacy has the backing of the Black Sun and the Colicoid Creation Nest it therefore standard to reason they would be preequipped with illegal technology and discord missiles.

Well then decide what "illegal technology" the ships get. So I know what I'm getting into.

I'd like to also point out that discord missiles are incredibly fast, and are armed with seven buzz droids each. I doubt I need to dig up buzz droid quotes from my past Kaggaths :p

And although Dooku knows of buzz droids, Kilran would not, or their effects. Neither would his fighters. If used carefully, they could cause devastation to the Empire's fighters.

Calling BS on this.

We had like a 50 page argument where you basically said I HAD to have thunderclaps in hangars.

*** is with that?

You had a 50 page argument, I made a quick ruling that would resolve an overblown issue.

I really couldn't and didn't care less were the Thunderclaps came from.

Calling BS on this.

We had like a 50 page argument where you basically said I HAD to have thunderclaps in hangars.

*** is with that?

Alright. I've decided to change to the Crusader, and the Interceptor (just clarifying, the Nebulon and Interceptor have the same armament?). I'm also taking your word (promise me) that my fighters have a hyperdrive, and my bombers have the hyperdrive ring.

Let the Kaggath commence, starting now....

"To contend with Xizor is to lose."

You have my word. :D

And yes, plus the proton torpedoes.

I look forward to your round.

Hehe :p

I'd like to also point out that discord missiles are incredibly fast, and are armed with seven buzz droids each. I doubt I need to dig up buzz droid quotes from my past Kaggaths :p

And although Dooku knows of buzz droids, Kilran would not, or their effects. Neither would his fighters. If used carefully, they could cause devastation to the Empire's fighters.

Remember that, as Sel has said, Buzz Droids were only effective because they had Republic schematics.