Keep the Imperial Announcer!

Deathen_Shada

Well anyone who has been to the fleet since the Rakghoul event started has noticed that at random times a announcer will say some line about how you should kill rakghouls or get yourself incinerated. But I think that the announcer is really cool and adds a nice feel too the fleet, almost more military like or realistic? Instead of just the quiet all the time with random player noises.

So as a suggestion (probably would never happen, just throwing it out there) I think we should keep the imperial announcer permanently just change her lines to fit with the game for when the rakghoul even ends etc, and change it when new events are running or no events are running.

Either way just a cool idea from my perspective, and thought I would share.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well anyone who has been to the fleet since the Rakghoul event started has noticed that at random times a announcer will say some line about how you should kill rakghouls or get yourself incinerated. But I think that the announcer is really cool and adds a nice feel too the fleet, almost more military like or realistic? Instead of just the quiet all the time with random player noises.

So as a suggestion (probably would never happen, just throwing it out there) I think we should keep the imperial announcer permanently just change her lines to fit with the game for when the rakghoul even ends etc, and change it when new events are running or no events are running.

Either way just a cool idea from my perspective, and thought I would share.

Yep, I agree that it adds some immersion.

When you're watching a sci-fi movie and they're in a busy port or the like, there's constant background chatter that adds realism.

They could even have another announcer calling things like "Shuttle x is now leaving for [insert planet here]".

When no events are on it could spout out more generic Totalitarian propaganda, recruiting drives and so on.

Oh yeah! I remember City of Villains doing that when you were in Grandville (which was pretty much the capital of the Rogue Isles for those who never played the game). :D

If they keep the announcer, they need to have about 500-700 different lines for him to say based on standard time of day, event of the week, day of the week, random things regarding relevant current events and comical one-liners every now and again.

"Attention: Guild Ships parked in the red zone will be destroyed without warning."

If they keep the announcer, they need to have about 500-700 different lines for him to say based on standard time of day, event of the week, day of the week, random things regarding relevant current events and comical one-liners every now and again.

"Attention: Guild Ships parked in the red zone will be destroyed without warning."

An option to mute would be nice for those who spend their days loitering at Fleet. I imagine it would get really annoying hearing the same four announcements over and over and over and....

Not to mention the ensuing hue and cry for the ability to report the Imperial Announcer spamming.

*As for video commercials, that sounds fine. But, please, no

. We don't need dozens of willowy barefoot Assassins going crazy all at once. Edited by Thoronmir

This needs to happen and frankly should have been in this game at launch - what kind of player huub has no background chatter? And if voice acting is as rather inexpensive (all you need are a few new lines each month) then this should be no problem at all for them... but can they be bothered? We will see

I agree. They should do that idea one of the other posters had and in the fleets could have com chatter in the background that is saying stuff and "shuttle 283 is now leaving for Drommund Kaas" and stuff like that. Would be cool :)

Agreed, I enjoy the announcements, but please please please, mix it up with a few hundred different lines so it doesn't get monotonous.

Like the ship droid? I swear next time he asks if I want a foot massage I will find a way to boot him out the airlock...

Agreed, I enjoy the announcements, but please please please, mix it up with a few hundred different lines so it doesn't get monotonous.

could be anything from the current time once an hour to announcing when a game of huttball has started

oh and there should defenitely be some kind of announcement when you arrive at the fleet reminding you that loitering is prohibited :p

could be anything from the current time once an hour to announcing when a game of huttball has started

oh and there should defenitely be some kind of announcement when you arrive at the fleet reminding you that loitering is prohibited :p

Include references to current events, too, depending on the current patch. When 2.9 hits, mention Manaan. Make mention of Dark Council members, new laws, a constant reminder that sedition should always be reported to the authorities...Yes, an announcement of current standard time would be awesome since we don't have an in-game clock. HINT HINT HINT.

Background banter would be very welcome and the Imperial announcer has a great snooty voice that perfectly fits the Imperial attitude.

Pubs should have M1-4X doing that. For sure. :D

As much as I like M1-X4 I think we should get Blitz. Blitz is so much more eloquent and concise. All we have to do is scatter tech items in the room Blitz will be announcing from. That will keep Blitz happy. For the Republic. To get Blitz in the first place should be easy. Have SIS leave a trail of tech items to a Republic ship in NS. Also leave plenty of the said items laying around to keep Blitz's attention till we get to fleet.

There's a male announcer? All the ones I've heard were from the lady. Guess I've missed a few,

Keeping the announcements would be great, though. Perhaps, if possible, different ones for around the Fleet? Korriban arrivals, for example, that talk about how awesome Sith are - conquest and military encouragement on the... Ziost? (e.e) when you're going out for Ops, etc.

Glory to the Empire and long live the Emperor! Conversing with Republic citizens is treason.