Lol @ "Forced Participation."

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this again. 1. getting infected gives you both money and rep in a very easy way. 2, you can avoid it by using the vaccine. For those who don't want to do that, there are relics available in the staging area in the tunnels for cash not rep that make you immune to the plague for as long as it's equipped so you don't even have to buy vaccine. There, nothing to flail about. /endthread.

Where does one go to read up on the details of this event and learn about these types of "what to do" options available? Thanks.

This just has the Gree event listed:

http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

It offers a suggestion to help them avoid their issues. It's not a mock thread.

Really..... O_o :rolleyes:

Seriously, to anyone who sits at the GTN, turn your sound on and learn to move...

If you refuse and get infected, it's your own fault. Some people today.

Lol.....Don't ever become a motivational speaker bro :D

Really..... O_o :rolleyes:

Lol.....Don't ever become a motivational speaker bro :D

It comes from my experience in the military. I tried being nice one time and people just ignored me. You have to be bold and edgy to get people to notice your advice.

Plus the part you bolded was a helpful tip was it not?

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Plus the part you bolded was a helpful tip was it not?

Not to deaf people. This game can be played by the hearing-impaired, and probably is.

Plus, people playing at work sometimes cannot have the sound on or wear headphones without getting fired.

So for them, your advice is just another sharp stick in the eye, I am afraid. :(

Sorry it had to come to this, Reno. If you need a second for your ritual suicide, let me know. ;)

Ges. A new subscriber would think that the same people who go back and forth in these threads are the only ones playing the game if they were just looking at the forums :p

Also, it's not force participation. If you don't want to do the event, don't do it. Simple as that :)

Edited by Sarfux

Can we infect the spam bots?

we can infect the spin farm bots on the starter world. you will se them at the starting area slowly spinning and shooting anything that spawns..thats how they get these level 7's to spam fleet with. once they get infected and die they will have to be manually respawned

we can infect the spin farm bots on the starter world. you will se them at the starting area slowly spinning and shooting anything that spawns..thats how they get these level 7's to spam fleet with. once they get infected and die they will have to be manually respawned

We should be allowed to infect those bots even after the plague is eradicated.

Not to deaf people. This game can be played by the hearing-impaired, and probably is.

Plus, people playing at work sometimes cannot have the sound on or wear headphones without getting fired.

So for them, your advice is just another sharp stick in the eye, I am afraid. :(

Sorry it had to come to this, Reno. If you need a second for your ritual suicide, let me know. ;)

Tragic.

if you are playing games at work, you probably should be fired....

Probably, same would go for forum posting :p

Depends on the job and how often one posts. There was a study that showed productivity actually increases when employees are allowed to access forums or facebook for brief periods of time during the workday, or play games on their phones for short periods of time. It allows for the reduction of stress and employees showed better focus to job related activities throughout the day.

That's not for me to judge.

i will generously assume you don't mean that to apply to BW Austin employees, BTW. ;)

If they are in fact playing games when they should be doing actual work; then yes, they should be fired.

if you are using the fact that they are play testing this game as "playing games" no, that is their job. However, if they are off leveling their toons or playing Dragon Age during work hours for enjoyment then yes, should be fired.

Now, difference between a few minutes of personal time or a break, but when it replaces actual work being done; yes, people should be fired.

Depends on the job and how often one posts. There was a study that showed productivity actually increases when employees are allowed to access forums or facebook for brief periods of time during the workday, or play games on their phones for short periods of time. It allows for the reduction of stress and employees showed better focus to job related activities throughout the day.

Oh you can find a study to back up anything these days :p

We used to play at work as the entire office. Most of my coworkers left the game about 4 months in, a few of us still play on a regular basis.

Our boss allows and encourages us to play during down time. He says it keeps us grounded in the world in which we work. I think the quality of work we do increases as a result, and remains relative to the current market.

So the Ebola Virus is potentially spreading around the world and people are really complaining about this nothing event happening in game lol

Pathetic much?

Really? First off, not really something we'd talk about on this forum anyway. Second, perhaps you should get out a little more yourself if you really believe that's what's going on.