What do people not understand about Madness Sorcs?

OpeningToEndgame

Why are people so dumb? Every day in PvP. "Why do you keep running?" "LOL. Run moar pl0x b***h!"

Do people NOT understand the mechanics of a Madness Sorc? Am I supposed to stand there with my Saber and melee you?

For those that don't understand and get mad when we 'run away', remember. We're designed to run,dot, run. Hide around corners, keep maximum distance between you and us.

They probably get it and are just whining, or hoping you'll get mad and stop kiting them to act like a tough guy.

For either case I prescribe extra lightning, and well-timed doses of creeping terror and force lift to enhance their senses of impotency and frustration. Or self-root, let them feel victorious starting their pve rotation in your face, then hit polarity shift and laugh.

Edited by Joesixxpack

In contrary to many people, I believe that most Swtor classes are very balanced (talking only for pvp as I don't know pve).

The only class that needs a slight nerf is madness sorc. Nothing gamebreaking but a slight tune down of their damage.

That's probably why people are raging at you, not because you're running away (as you should since that's how the class is designed to be played).

People get teary when they are perma-slowed from Force Lightning and Force Slow.

In contrary to many people, I believe that most Swtor classes are very balanced (talking only for pvp as I don't know pve).

The only class that needs a slight nerf is madness sorc. Nothing gamebreaking but a slight tune down of their damage.

That's probably why people are raging at you, not because you're running away (as you should since that's how the class is designed to be played).

I agree. I mained a Sorc at one point (probably still the char I have with most hours) so I'm in no way being bias.

They can be pretty squishy in melee, but at range they are strong as hell. Being able to load you up with high hitting dots then have somewhat decent ways of kiting/avoiding damage is pretty damn strong.

That being said, they are pretty boring to play in my opinion. Optimal or not, I done extremely well on my Sorcerer in PvP and it felt like I was only using a few different abilities.

Edited by Jayshames

i remember ages ago a gunslinger in /say giving abuse to a sorc healer i was queueing with and calling him a pussah for Line of sighting him..

Some people jus dont get it

It's rather amusing when things like this happen.

I've had the exact same thing happen to me before. Sniper in huttball and I kept strafing left and right from a pillar to apply DoT's and he ended up running behind one himself and the abuse begun. Can't help but laugh.

Madness sorc is a currently overpowered spec on one of the easiest classes to play in the game. And I do play madness sorc, so inb4 "lol u mad cuz youre not sorc, but u dont know how hard it is". Nope, I play it. I understand how *********** easy it is.

People are mad cuz a lot of melee classes (besides Powertech) need a slight buff to match the raw damage and utility of Madness sorc. That's probably why they get mad when you run. They probably get how easy it is to kite and slowly take someone down with an extremely predictable rotation that hardly requires any micro-management and still does a metric sh*tton of damage.

Bottom line is, if you even have to ask why people are mad, try playing a Marauder sometime and see if you think DoT range classes with a billion ways to escape are truly balanced.

Edited by FinalArbiter

They probably get it and are just whining, or hoping you'll get mad and stop kiting them to act like a tough guy.

For either case I prescribe extra lightning, and well-timed doses of creeping terror and force lift to enhance their senses of impotency and frustration. Or self-root, let them feel victorious starting their pve rotation in your face, then hit polarity shift and laugh.

jaja so true :) i love my consular and my inquisitor, both balance and madness :

Bottom line is, if you even have to ask why people are mad, try playing a Marauder sometime and see if you think DoT range classes with a billion ways to escape are truly balanced.

It's an issue for dummies who always open with leap, don't pay attention or predict, and focus on setting up a pve-type rotation while being kited instead of doing what makes sense for the given situation.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Madness sorc is a currently overpowered spec on one of the easiest classes to play in the game. And I do play madness sorc, so inb4 "lol u mad cuz youre not sorc, but u dont know how hard it is". Nope, I play it. I understand how *********** easy it is.

People are mad cuz a lot of melee classes (besides Powertech) need a slight buff to match the raw damage and utility of Madness sorc. That's probably why they get mad when you run. They probably get how easy it is to kite and slowly take someone down with an extremely predictable rotation that hardly requires any micro-management and still does a metric sh*tton of damage.

What a load of crap. There are lots of sorcs, but most of them are terrible. Sorcs and Juggs are the highest skill cap classes in the game and a bunch of half *** players with half *** results wanna say they are ez mode just because the best ones smack you around.

Seriously, anyone talking like you are is clueless to the realities of class balance. Move along, noobsauce.

People are so silly.

Madness does a lot of damage now, no doubt about it. But still relies on kiting because the class has no mitigation. Healing and running away are all that Madness has to defend itself. In the last few months the only tools given to make that a bit easier are the absord shield on Barrier and access to Fadeout. Both of which were great help, but don't get close to matching the breadth and variety of cooldowns Marauders have.

Sure I suspect it sucks not to have an easy kill anymore. But that doesn't make a class overpowered. Right now, there are very few overpowered specs or classes. Maybe Vengeance/Vigilance, but even then that's just because ED/FD is a BIT too strong. There are underpowered classes which need some help, but even there, that side of the gap is narrowing.

The devs have gotten us much closer to where we need to be. Which is good because now they can screw it up all over again with 3.0. :rak_03:

No way.

for some reason i dont run lol. i think its cuz my main is a melee. however i also stay as close as i can to the group to off heal and hope the other team is tunnelvisioning not to notice me. most time its works. sometimes i am forced bubble with 1% with the enemy team staring at me.

maybe ill start trying the hit and run tactics.

My first toon was a madness sorc. I used to facetank with him; and run into groups of enemies swinging melee attacks and the spinning kick they had waaaay back in the day. Couldn't understand why I died so much. Then I learned to stop keyboard turning and Kite and dot liberally. Killing became easy. It is an easier AC to play. One for people new to MMO's like I was to learn the basic's. No I don't think it's OP; but I try avoiding getting into 1v1 situations with them on my slinger. I don't like getting melted in 2 castings of force lighting. On my stealth classes tho..fair game; let's party.

Madness sorc is a currently overpowered spec on one of the easiest classes to play in the game.

If madness is OP then what does that make the other classes? Because unless the guy behind the toon is incredibly skilled I pretty much mow down every madness sorc I come across. I still see a free kill when I see a sorc around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.