Private Bounty Contracts.

Alzirr

Passing thought...

What if BW allowed us to put out bounty contracts on other players in SWTOR... contracts that anybody could pick up... there could be a search on different planets for the target player, and contracts are resolved in a one on one PVP duel anywhere in the galaxy... preferably in a cantina.

Maybe the players could allow themselves to get bounties on their head?

Saaaaay, getting smuggled to your stronghold has a 1 in 10 chance of going sour. You can then pay 1,000 credits or you receive a bounty on your head. Days spent with a bounty on your head increase reputation, which could be viewed on a board (akin to GSH public viewing). Naturally the players with the longest bounties would move up the board and have increased rewards. All the while you can take down your bounty by paying 1,000k.

Edited by Kremsau

Same faction only? Everything in this game is so highly instanced that if it wasn't strictly same faction, you'd never find you bounty...even as same faction, the odds of catching the player anywhere but Fleet are slim.

Same faction only? Everything in this game is so highly instanced that if it wasn't strictly same faction, you'd never find you bounty...even as same faction, the odds of catching the player anywhere but Fleet are slim.

The hunt begins....

Edit: Would, say, 25k sweeten the deal? Perhaps it's a player you already don't like? There could be vendors on each planet (narks) who tell you if the player is on the planet.

Edited by Kremsau

This was discussed before when the game first launched and in a not surprising twist, not too many people are fond of the idea. All it takes is that one guy with too much money and not enough honour, sorry it's early and couldn't think of a better word, to ruin your day by spamming Bounties on your head. Especially if you are on a RP or PvE server and want nothing to do with PvP aspects. Especially while you're off doing PvE stuff.

There are some other reasons why no one really wants it, but like I said it's early and I am functioning on pretty much just reflex. I'd say no to the idea cause I know I'd get trolled by some guy putting bounties on my head just for the sake of doing it. Happens to me on GTA from time to time. Only it'd be much worse on Swtor.

Edited by SgtJeremy

once the contract has been triggered, the hunter gets a "the target is online and has been reported in this or that part of the Galaxy" notification. The target gets informed that someone unknown is after him...

The hunt begins....

Edit: Would, say, 25k sweeten the deal? Perhaps it's a player you already don't like? There could be vendors on each planet (narks) who tell you if the player is on the planet.

I'm not at all against it...I just don't see it as a viable function in this game. The whole instances thing ruins it. Are you going to camp outside DF and wait for your bounty to exit for 3 hours? Now that players can rez INSIDE the instance, it's even less appealing to me (bounties that is). It can't possibly be opposite faction bounties because there's no place both really cross, unless you wanna hope you can catch your bounty for the 10 min it takes to complete Czerka dailies or chance upon them on Oricon some night.

How do you see this ever being a feature that could work inside this games design? That's my issue...I can't see it working...not at all...

if you opt in, there could be a limited number of places you could be... the target has to be in one of them. The quick travel and the fleet pass could be disabled in those places for both the hunter and the target. There could be a start time for the hunter, and a 2 minute head start for the hunted. If those places are the cantinas in the entire galaxy, you would find each other ... there also could be a ... say two hour time limit for the contract. If one of the players logs off, the contract is nullified. If one of the parties logs off while the other party is near, he loses the battle. Edited by Alzirr

The ONLY way I see this working would be if you were to create a new mini-game of sorts...2 players opt in by signing up on a terminal on an open-world planet and are prevented from leaving or they forfeit the fight. Each pays 25K to enter, winner collects 45k. 30 min duration for the "hunt". At the end, whoever was the "prey" is called the "winner" unless he's killed during those 30 min by the hunter.

I really like this idea, without hammering hard on mechanics I think it is a neat twist on PvP, and if it was an Opt In type scenario casuals and hardcore players could be involved.

BTW, I hate PvP but would be interested in this idea (both as the pursuer and the pursued), if anyone is counting.

Passing thought...

What if BW allowed us to put out bounty contracts on other players in SWTOR... contracts that anybody could pick up... there could be a search on different planets for the target player, and contracts are resolved in a one on one PVP duel anywhere in the galaxy... preferably in a cantina.

No one ever leaves the fleet. Would be really difficult to do.

Make it available on fleet. Then put bounties on the head of every gold seller / spammer.

Really? We can't even convince them to implement a dueling area on the fleet. You really think they are going to introduce massive lag with people trying to fight on the fleet from bounties? Come on. You're asking for the impossible.

I've heard from friends about bounties in SWG and it sounded awesome, but in this game its just not really possible.

Passing thought...

It could be potentially fun and great for rp, but I can also see it being used as a toll for harassment and griefing. It would be quite possible for somone to make the game unplayable for another.