No Rakghoul event?

Jerba

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how different is it from the original rakghoul thing? i missed out on the second coming and are those old DNA samples useable for anything there?

It's not as good as the original, and you can't get the Legacy Gear from the original, but it's still pretty fun. Basically, take the Gree Event, move it to a different planet, and let people go back to Fleet an infect people when the Dailies are over.

And yeah, the old tokens (DNA samples) have been 'upgraded' to work in the new event. As with the Gree (and other events), the tokens are now BoL.

Oh come on. That was the fun in it. Why else do you troll others? This was actually a fun feature. swtor needs more of those.

Oh no! Please no fun. Just grinding the same Flashpoints over and over again.

:rolleyes::)

No variety!

:D

There's no patch scheduled for today, can they activate an event without bringing the servers down for maintenance first? Because I don't think so. They needed a patch to activate the Gree event, too.

So, maybe it's next week along with the bounty event or it's not coming at all.

There's no patch scheduled for today, can they activate an event without bringing the servers down for maintenance first? Because I don't think so. They needed a patch to activate the Gree event, too.

They can, they have with BHW.

They can, if they have the assets needed by the event, which can be basically sneaked in with any patch. Which is what the last patch was, I believe.

They can, if they have the assets needed by the event, which can be basically sneaked in with any patch. Which is what the last patch was, I believe.

The assets for the Rakghoul Event have been around for quite some time.

As mentioned in the past, you can even see the areas on...

Tatooine and Corellia

Where the Spike is bound to be deployed. Right now. In-game.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The assets for the Rakghoul Event have been around for quite some time.

As I mentioned on the past, you can even see the areas on...

Tatooine and Corellia

Where the Spike is bound to be deployed. Right now. In-game.

Oh yeah, right, you have the locations for the spike, but question is, are the tunnels done? I assume that each planet might look a bit different, alderaan was supposed to be killik tunnels, corellia selonians pipes, etc. And I think that we have not seen any evidence of those yet...

Oh yeah, right, you have the locations for the spike, but question is, are the tunnels done? I assume that each planet might look a bit different, alderaan was supposed to be killik tunnels, corellia selonians pipes, etc. And I think that we have not seen any evidence of those yet...

I "assume" the inner layout for all tunnels will be IDENTICAL, since Bioware has a history of repurposing or reutilizing those extensively ever since the game was first released.

The only major difference will most likely be some of the enemy NPC's.

Selonians on Corellia and Geonosians on Tatooine for example.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's exactly the same as the event on alderaan, so lazy. Couldn't they have at least added or changed something?

If "exactly the same" means we're fighting Infected Killiks on Tatooine for some reason, then I'll be disappointed and agree that they're being lazy.

If we're fighting Infected Jawas or Infected Sandpeople or Infected Geonosians or something, then it 's exactly as expected. I hope that they eventually expand on the existing events (new Bounties for the Contract Week for example) but I sure wouldn't expect things to change on the second occurrence of a Reoccurring Event unless there was something broken in the first occurrence that they were fixing.

If "exactly the same" means we're fighting Infected Killiks on Tatooine for some reason, then I'll be disappointed and agree that they're being lazy.

If we're fighting Infected Jawas or Infected Sandpeople or Infected Geonosians or something, then it 's exactly as expected. I hope that they eventually expand on the existing events (new Bounties for the Contract Week for example) but I sure wouldn't expect things to change on the second occurrence of a Reoccurring Event unless there was something broken in the first occurrence that they were fixing.

Exact same cave, exact same quests, exact same mobs except they reskinned them.

Is it expected? Sure. It was an opportunity to do something interesting though.

I hope I don't have to grind this just to get the companion customizations...

As far as I could tell I would be fine if I just did the intro and then went for 8 or 16 player storymode operations... since I'm at work (code is compiling! XD) can anyone tell me if one can queue for that using the finder?

It's exactly the same as the event on alderaan, so lazy. Couldn't they have at least added or changed something?

That would be like asking for the Gree event to be dfferent in each iteration, sure it would be nice but that's also what happens with a recurring event.