Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

Dailies on Makeb are not as profitable as the dailies on Ilum, as far as the actual mission reward in credits is concerned.

There's other stuff to consider though, such as the fact that mobs on Makeb probably drop more lootz, creds and precious little shinies. Lots of shinies.

I can make a little over 300K on Makeb doing the staged weekly, regular dailies and GSI dailies where as on Ilum there's what 6 quests that comes out to 50-60k?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, that I-know-everything-better attitude has lost its charm since about 10000 posts ago.
I don't view Infernixx that way at all, he/she just generally does not post things that are pure fabrication.

"I know everything better" if a very different attitude than "I only post what I know."

I wish everyone would strive to do the same, but that will never happen.

I can make a little over 300K on Makeb doing the staged weekly, regular dailies and GSI dailies where as on Ilum there's what 6 quests that comes out to 50-60k?

Reread, Silly Wrath...

Dailies on Makeb are not as profitable as the dailies on Ilum, as far as the actual mission reward in credits is concerned.

There's other stuff to consider though, such as the fact that mobs on Makeb probably drop more lootz, creds and precious little shinies. Lots of shinies.

Singular. Individual.

Hmm, I wonder if we'll be getting more credits per mission and per daily at level 60 than we are at level 55?

God if they rework the economy, everything will be so confusing. Time to stockpile for the recession/apocalypse.

I think they'll just keep being jealous of those of us who keep enjoying the game. How dare we?

I know I will love even one tab of Legacy Storage, just from the little bit of time I played with it on the PTS.

I'll love it so much I'll pay BW some cash to expand it. :)

Don't be ridiculous. Many of the people who are "complaining" (most of them I recongize as those who typically don't) have been posting here far longer than you have. if I didn't enjoy the game, I wouldn't have been subscribed for over a year.

A game needs constructive criticism to thrive. "Yes" men are not valuable toward trying to improve the game. Defend them when they do something right, say something when they do something wrong, or say nothing.

Edited by Nickious

I could make comments about people who pay money to not enjoy the game, but I won't.

That would be a good start.

And don't worry, as far as I am concerned myself, if I am not happy with what I see on the release day of patch 2.9 I will stop paying for this game that moment.

I got bored with the game as it is a couple of weeks ago and just have my sub still so I get my Nar Shaddaa location, but after I have that in the pocket, I will decide that day whether I still want to pay or not.

It's easy enough for me as the game (as much as I do like the game itself) has grown stale, but I do hope to avoid having to stop playing because I was rather hoping 2.9 would revitalize the game for me. Not convinced of that at the moment anymore so the jury's still out on that till release day.

God if they rework the economy, everything will be so confusing. Time to stockpile for the recession/apocalypse.

Yeah, I'm just wondering with these ginormous price tags they are putting out there, it seems that there is going to be either a huge jump in credits made or a huge jump in disappointed players.

I don't view Infernixx that way at all, he/she just generally does not post things that are pure fabrication.

"I know everything better" if a very different attitude than "I only post what I know."

I wish everyone would strive to do the same, but that will never happen.

He rarely posts anything useful. Typically just antagonizes and belittles. Completely useless.

Yeah, I'm just wondering with these ginormous price tags they are putting out there, it seems that there is going to be either a huge jump in credits made or a huge jump in disappointed players.

Well they're making a lot of old crafting materials "suddenly useful"(not that they weren't useful before, but things like rakata energy nodes? Don't really go for much with new ops content out for years already), which could lead to a huge upsurge in demand for materials in general. By inserting significant credit sinks at the same time they might keep zal alloy from hitting 10k a pop(think the highest it ever regularly sold at that I've seen was 3-4k per).

Hmm, I wonder if we'll be getting more credits per mission and per daily at level 60 than we are at level 55?

They didn't change when we went from 50-55...I doubt they'll change from 55-60.

That would be a good start.

And don't worry, as far as I am concerned myself, if I am not happy with what I see on the release day of patch 2.9 I will stop paying for this game that moment.

I got bored with the game as it is a couple of weeks ago and just have my sub still so I get my Nar Shaddaa location, but after I have that in the pocket, I will decide that day whether I still want to pay or not.

It's easy enough for me as the game (as much as I do like the game itself) has grown stale, but I do hope to avoid having to stop playing because I was rather hoping 2.9 would revitalize the game for me. Not convinced of that at the moment anymore so the jury's still out on that till release day.

Well, we'll simply have to try and figure out a way to go on without you.

I could not agree more.

Yet you people keep indulging and catering to him and his massive ego. He only antagonizes as much as other users around these parts allow him to.

If people pay no attention to his rambling, he'd go look for other pastures. It's obvious by now he couldn't absolutely care less about this game and whether people play it or not.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Yet you people keep indulging and catering to him and his massive ego. He only antagonizes as much as other users around these parts allow him to.

If people pay no attention to his rambling, he'd go look for other pastures. It's obvious by now he couldn't absolutely care less about this game and whether people play it or not.

Now, you're just being mean.

Well, we'll simply have to try and figure out a way to go on without you.

Well, don't start talking as if the sky is falling. As I said, I am not sure and it can go either way still so no need to have such a negative attitude towards the game.

In case I do end up quitting however, I will answer your next question. No, we're not interested in adopting you. We decided not to have children and we are sticking to that. Nothing personal.

Well, don't start talking as if the sky is falling. As I said, I am not sure and it can go either way still so no need to have such a negative attitude towards the game.

In case I do end up quitting however, I will answer your next question. No, we're not interested in adopting you. We decided not to have children and we are sticking to that. Nothing personal.

So so so many comments present themselves, but I'd get bored if I got a temp ban. Cheers!

So so so many comments present themselves, but I'd get bored if I got a temp ban. Cheers!

That's ok but I hope you understand the game is doing just fine and even though some people may have some issues with 2.9 the game will not die because of it. I would hate to see such cynicism towards SWTOR in such a normally positive person such as yourself. Take heart, things will be ok!

RE: a Stronghold:

Screenshot or it didn't happen. Show us the bill you paid for a Stronghold.

If you can even show that subscription rates went up because of the new content, I'll accept that. But when you subscribe to a service, and they start giving you more services for the same price, I call that increase in services "free."

I would agree to that. Had BW offered the palace to all current subscribers with no strings attached, that would have been 'free'.

However, BW offered the NS palace as part of an Early Access program to people who were subscribers on a particular date that, at the time of offer, was beyond when my current subscription expired (BW has subscription periods as low as 30 days). So when my then-current subscription was going to expire, and I had to decide whether to continue to resubscribe or drop to preferred status, qualification for that Early Access program was not an unbargained-for gift added at no additional charge as part of my then-current subscription, but rather part of what BW was offering me in return for me extending or renewing my subscription.

Regardless of whether or not BW increased the renewal price is not relevant to whether or not my receiving the NS palace was contingent upon my [paid] renewal, and thus not 'free'.

Here's an example: Cox Cable just this week doubled my Internet connection speeds (from 50mbps to 100mbps) with no change in the cost of the service. I call that a free upgrade. What would you call it?[

Competition in a free market. Cox doesn't want you to switch to a competitor, so they chose to give you more for the same amount of money, which (presumably) means that Cox's competitors now have to offer you more features (or take less money) if they wish to get you to switch. To whatever extent the increased speed is effective before the Cox requires you to pay for another period of internet connectivity, that period of time could be considered 'free', but then to that extent, your example is inalagous with the situation we were discussing.

Edited by eartharioch

I would agree to that. Had BW offered the palace to all current subscribers with no strings attached, that would have been 'free'.

However, BW offered the NS palace as part of an Early Access program to people who were subscribers on a particular date that, at the time of offer, was beyond when my current subscription expired (BW has subscription periods as low as 30 days). So when my then-current subscription was going to expire, and I had to decide whether to continue to resubscribe or drop to preferred status, qualification for that Early Access program was not an unbargained-for gift added at no additional charge as part of my then-current subscription, but rather part of what BW was offering me in return for me extending or renewing my subscription.

Regardless of whether or not BW increased the renewal price is not relevant to whether or not my receiving the NS palace was contingent upon my [paid] renewal, and thus not 'free'.

Competition in a free market. Cox doesn't want you to switch to a competitor, so they chose to give you more for the same amount of money, which (presumably) means that Cox's competitors now have to offer you more features (or take less money) if they wish to get you to switch. To whatever extent the increased speed is effective before the Cox requires you to pay for another period of internet connectivity, that period of time could be considered 'free', but then to that extent, your example is inalagous with the situation we were discussing.

You are getting the palace for free as a loyalty reward for paying your subscription normally. You are not being asked to pay extra to get it. You would have had to pay extra to have it if you weren't a subscriber on those dates and therefor didn't qualify for the loyalty rewards.

You are getting the palace for free as a loyalty reward for paying your subscription normally. You are not being asked to pay extra to get it. You would have had to pay extra to have it if you weren't a subscriber on those dates and therefor didn't qualify for the loyalty rewards.

And even with that, if PTS prices hold, you will be able to get a Stronghold with one tab of Legacy Storage for 5K creds.

If you play both factions, get 2 Strongholds with shared Legacy Storage for 10K creds total. That's the next best thing to free. Even a mid-level F2P toon can earn that much, assuming they are allowed to have a Stronghold at all, which I do not know.

And if the PTS is any indication, you get a quick way to travel to your home planet with no cooldown in the bargain. If that holds true, I imagine no one will bother unlocking that particular legacy travel option anymore as a result.

BW is making it cheap and easy for players to get a taste of Legacy Storage. And we can all guess why. :D