Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

AgentMarakesh

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea there's this lil activity called REAL LIFE.... One where I spend on average 50-60hrs a week running a business that makes REAL money. Then factor in this other lil necessity called "Family time" And I'm lucky if I get to spend 8hrs a week playing games. THAT'S why after nearly 3 years I've only got 2 lvl 55's and still have 2 classes I haven't finished yet. But whatever.....I can see how pointless this entire thread has become.

Ok one side we have.....The filthy rich elites accusing the poor of being lazy and wanting something free.

And on the other side we have....the poor asking for a reasonable chance to participate in the biggest thing to hit the game since GSF. And the rich telling them "no....because you don't matter anyway"

I'm done.....U grind dailies.....I'm busy making REAL money so I can pay my house off by the end of the year, and buy these neon lights for my motorcycle....

My entire guild is in the same boat as you and we raised the money. We're an adult-only social guild with families and jobs. I am sorry that you do not have a guild that will work to get a ship. You can find one.

This is a GUILD event. You do not have to pay for it yourself. Period.

My entire guild is in the same boat as you and we raised the money. We're an adult-only social guild with families and jobs. I am sorry that you do not have a guild that will work to get a ship. You can find one.

This is a GUILD event. You do not have to pay for it yourself. Period.

At last someone gets it!

Yea there's this lil activity called REAL LIFE.... One where I spend on average 50-60hrs a week running a business that makes REAL money. Then factor in this other lil necessity called "Family time" And I'm lucky if I get to spend 8hrs a week playing games. THAT'S why after nearly 3 years I've only got 2 lvl 55's and still have 2 classes I haven't finished yet. But whatever.....I can see how pointless this entire thread has become.

Ok one side we have.....The filthy rich elites accusing the poor of being lazy and wanting something free.

And on the other side we have....the poor asking for a reasonable chance to participate in the biggest thing to hit the game since GSF. And the rich telling them "no....because you don't matter anyway"

I'm done.....U grind dailies.....I'm busy making REAL money so I can pay my house off by the end of the year, and buy these neon lights for my motorcycle....

very defensive...

flagships are tools; part of the planet conquest system. if your guild is active enough to participate in the planet conquests, then getting a ship will help.

a casual, small guild wont be part of this gameplay. they dont need a ship.

The ironic thing is, the people calling us "lazy" for not wanting to spend months grinding credits for a ship, sit on their rears all day playing video games.

The ironic thing is, I'm getting a guild ship, and you are not.

The ironic thing is, the people calling us "lazy" for not wanting to spend months grinding credits for a ship, sit on their rears all day playing video games.

Heh. You know you can put forth an effort to contribute to the guild without playing all day every day? This is supposed to be something to work towards!

And don't pretend to know anything about me or my life outside of this game ;)

Heh. You know you can put forth an effort to contribute to the guild without playing all day every day? This is supposed to be something to work towards!

And don't pretend to know anything about me or my life outside of this game ;)

I didn't pretend to know you at all, never even quoted you. Oh, unless you meant I called you out indirectly because you were calling people lazy? Is that it?

50 million isn't even much money in this game. I was actually surprised the guild ship is so cheap, they are practically giving them away for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing playr make "solo" guilds just to have their own private capital ship.

200 - 500 million is more along the price I expected.

^This... My guild's bank has never gone below 55mil since they bought it...

Fair enough. I'd rather have a good career and a family that loves me.

that wasn't directed at you but....okay.

Also, it's good that you'd rather have a good career and family life. I had no idea that the two were incompatible. one day, when your kids ask you, tears all in their eyes why daddy wasn't cool enough to have a guildship, you can tell them it's all their fault. :rak_03:

that wasn't directed at you but....okay.

Also, it's good that you'd rather have a good career and family life. I had no idea that the two were incompatible. one day, when your kids ask you, tears all in their eyes why daddy wasn't cool enough to have a guildship, you can tell them it's all their fault. :rak_03:

Pretty much.

Too many people fail to see the point.

Yes, 50 million credits isn't that hard to get "if you want to".

The problem lay in the simple fact that to earn 50 million credits will still take a ton of effort...far beyond what appears to be the value of actually having a guild ship.

If you have a small guild, say around 20 accounts, and each player devotes himself to doing nothing more than earning credits for a guild ship...it would probably take you 5 or 6 days to achieve providing you have 20 accounts that have no life beyond this game.

But where is the fun in that? Isn't an MMO supposed to be fun? Fun is not running endless amounts of dailies to earn credits to buy a guild ship. How many players are willing to give up their game time for a week in order to be bored to tears running the same dailies non-stop to help earn 50 million credits? Forget trying to use the GTN for this, undercutting since the announcement has gotten worse which means the value of the stuff you own is lower now than it was as little as 2 days ago.

15 million? 20? Those are more realistic numbers. It is still a major investment of time and effort but without the hammer shot of a credit amount the majority of players have never seen at one time, let alone a guild bank.

At current gold seller spam prices, you are looking at a real money cost of a guild ship at 375 USD...which would tell me that the CC cost of a guild ship (and I assume it will be purchasable by CC) will put anything else currently available in the CM to shame, price wise.

You can try to justify the price all you want, the reality is that setting the bar that high leads to "not fun" game play choices. And yes, no one is forcing you to buy it but it is new content and new content should not be gated by an obscene and unrealistic credit cost.

Fair enough. I'd rather have a good career and a family that loves me.

The unnecessary(and almost certainly inaccurate) potshots should really stop. Only a matter of time before a mod logs into the forums.

Pretending that 50 million is super hardcore or something is ridiculous. It takes more commitment and time to do Nim operations or Ranked PvP.

It represents a significant hurdle, one that can have its merits debated, but pretending that a person(much less a group of people) can't simply acquire 50 million credits over time while playing casually is pointless. Examples and explanations of how to casually work one's way to a flagship have already been provided numerous times.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.