Rated Warzone Top-3 Rewards

ELLERD

Hello, I have a suggestion for RWZ top 3 class rewards, PLEASE MAKE THEM PER-SERVER. I understand people can hop back and forth, but how is it fair that I cant compete with European players. That's like saying I'm in the winners bracket but I don't actually get to play the top player for the position. Not only that, but I can't just simply hop onto another server and compete if the dang server doesn't even get queue's to pop. And lets face it, if your not playing on Pot5, your playing easy mode. Anyways, please consider this request. Thanks.

I think this is a very good idea, given how pvp is server-oriented. People from certain servers have much bigger advantage than others (servers like ToFN which have more pvp games going) and can up their ratings at a faster rate due to often pvp queues.

I like this idea and I think it should be like that until they introduce x-server pvp.

/signed

I agree 100% with this. Each server is unique when it comes to the many factors that relate to ranked play. How is it possible for someone on a server that has very few ranked pops to compete against a person on a server with frequent pops? Not to mention the level of competition per server, faction imbalances, etc,

There are gunslingers with under 10 wins and less than 1300 ratings that would get the rewards if this was the case. There would be multiple people who got the top 3 reward who werent even high enough for tier one rewards. I dont think that was the intention.

Its just going to be a title or different skin for the tier 1 mount or something like that Im sure. Bragging rights or whatever. But giving it to people who didnt even get high enough to get the tier 1 reward is a step in the opposite direction.

(if the season ended today i would have 1 toon who got the top 3 reward. If it was by server I would have about 10 so...it would benefit me alot if it was by server...I just think its stupid to give people with 1300 ratings the same reward as people with 3k ratings)

also...double, venrin, and malaura (who all happen to be in the same guild) could transfer to any server they wanted in the final hour of the final day and prevent all the sorcerers on that server from getting a top 3 reward when they were going to get it. Just for the "lols" (or to help lower rated sorcs on their server or as a vendetta against someone on another server, etc. etc.)

I fully agree its not an even playing field for everyone depending on your server and faction but giving a reward to the top 3 of every advanced class on every server is very bad for multiple reasons imo.

also...double, venrin, and malaura (who all happen to be in the same guild) could transfer to any server they wanted in the final hour of the final day and prevent all the sorcerers on that server from getting a top 3 reward when they were going to get it. Just for the "lols" (or to help lower rated sorcs on their server or as a vendetta against someone on another server, etc. etc.)

I fully agree its not an even playing field for everyone depending on your server and faction but giving a reward to the top 3 of every advanced class on every server is very bad for multiple reasons imo.

I'm inclined to agree. Top three in the world is more fair than top three per server. The only flaw is that there are not cross server queues so we must take "top three" with an entire bucket of salt. Top three per server could easily be wrecked by people transferring and taking over servers. Now, while I don't think those three would, they easily could transfer to three different servers, become top on each, and have the number one rewards while they may only deserve #2, #3, or none at all.

I'd love to get whatever reskin or title they plan to throw at #1 if it were per server, being that I'm [currently] top on Bastion for powertechs, but I would rather try for the top three in the world. Something about that feels more satisfying... but that may be just me. Top three in the world also makes the rewards more exclusive, and isn't that the point of top rewards?

They also need to make rating reset upon server transfer.

While an interesting idea, this would make it almost impossible for anyone to get a high enough rating to achieve top three unless they transferred a month and a half-at least-prior to the season's end. It took Double roughly a month to climb from 1500 to 3k+ on his sorcerer [based on observation. His sage was top but his sorc has only climbed up since July]. The average player would take much longer, with perhaps more hours spent. This would also deadlock them into a server, which very well may be dead and not get any pops after they've gotten to 1500. Resetting that rating would make it incredibly difficult to climb up when you're stuck in the "ELO hell" we all knew and loved in the last month of Season One. New players often get paired with low-rated players who are low-rated because they have lost the majority of their games. Bad teammates don't make for a fun time.

Resetting discourages server transfers, which encourages people to stay stuck on their dead servers, which discourages people from wanting to play this game, which leads to unsubs. Slippery slope argument, yes, but still valid thinking.

Edited by AxeDragoneth