All Recently Created Double-Bladed Sabers are Holstered Too Low

Saregon

Yes, it matters to me, and it bugs the crap out of me. Apparently the new dev team doesn't know how to program new double bladed sabers to be holstered correctly like the original dev team did...and some of the newer models are so long, they almost scrape the ground they hang so low. Hike 'em up a bit please! I love the sound of the new Etched Dueler's Dualsaber, but can't stand to use it due to the horribly low slung holster it and all other recently created double bladed sabers suffer from...

Yes, it matters to me, and it bugs the crap out of me. Apparently the new dev team doesn't know how to program new double bladed sabers to be holstered correctly like the original dev team did...and some of the newer models are so long, they almost scrape the ground they hang so low. Hike 'em up a bit please! I love the sound of the new Etched Dueler's Dualsaber, but can't stand to use it due to the horribly low slung holster it and all other recently created double bladed sabers suffer from...

Yeah and the old ones were hanging so high you could kill a mob with one of the tip just from the odor it got by its constant contact...

• 2 months later...

I agree as well. A lot of the new ones are extremely long, and hang like the single bladed sabers. They sit a lot lower on the hip and hang from the top, whereas the older ones sat a bit higher and look as though they were attached more towards the middle of the saber to the hip.

Personally I think the Volatile Derelict Saberstaff should be looked at as a reference for good saberstaff design. Unlike the staffs from launch it does not shrink when it is holstered (compare even to the Derelict Saberstaff, which shrinks when on your hip), but it also doesn't look too long and sits correctly on your belt, unlike most of the newer staffs. As far as I'm aware it's the only staff to get it right on both of those properties.

Agreed. This issue has been around awhile. I don't buy the newer sabers because they look absurd and awkward when holstered.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=663144

That was half the reason I bought that hilt. I have another with the exact same model when drawn & it looks horrible holstered; it clips into my chest & the shrinking completely warps the proportions. Having hilts fold in on themselves never made sense to me.

Some of these hilts are long enough they really should just backholster them, honestly.

Victorious Mystic Saberstaff would be a perfect example of why, given that it's simultaneously the highest & lowest reaching hilt when holstered. Would be nice for the sake of variety too.

Edited by MrRuck

I passed this to the team, but I don't have any ETA on a fix at the moment.
On a side note, most if not all new (cartel market) single-bladed lightsabers often show a second blade coming out the back of the hilt as if they were a dual bladed lightsaber in certain animations (most prominent when you destroy quest objectives, but also otherwise).

• 8 months later...
I passed this to the team, but I don't have any ETA on a fix at the moment.

Still relevant, almost 9 months later (I know, among many things they said they would look at ages ago that have been left unchanged). :mad:

Please fix, I like the model of many of the newer sabers, but refuse to use them due to the ridiculousness of how low slung they are...hike 'em up!

Edited by Saregon

• 1 year later...