So the CE/Delux mount doesn't scale?

Cootie

I'm embarrassed to admit I bought a copy of the CE because of how terrible everything ended up being. (Yes, I'm one of those people that purchased it JUST for the in-game items. Rest of the stuff from my/my husband's CEs were donated to Goodwill.) Anyway, we get a laughable excuse for a store, a fancy way to take screen shots, a dancer that lasts 15 seconds, etc... and a mount that DOESN'T scale?

Are you kidding me?!

CEs are supposed to be something people are happy they purchased, not something they're ashamed of.

I'm embarrassed to admit I bought a copy of the CE because of how terrible everything ended up being. (Yes, I'm one of those people that purchased it JUST for the in-game items. Rest of the stuff from my/my husband's CEs were donated to Goodwill.) Anyway, we get a laughable excuse for a store, a fancy way to take screen shots, a dancer that lasts 15 seconds, etc... and a mount that DOESN'T scale?

Are you kidding me?!

CEs are supposed to be something people are happy they purchased, not something they're ashamed of.

Shame, I would have given you $50 cash for the statue

Shame, I would have given you $50 cash for the statue

You can probably pick it up for less than that. Was looking at ebay earlier, seems alot of people picked up the CE for the in-game goodies. I like my Darth Malgus statue, I just need to figure where I'll put him... he's much larger than I was expecting him to be.

Lol

You really expected to gain a serious advantage over other players, because you spent more money on the game?

That's not how good games are run

Why does EVERYONE assume that that's what I wanted?! No, I wanted cosmetic items. Cool in-game things that just make the game fun.

A holocam that wastes an inventory space is not fun.

A dancer that lasts 15 seconds on a min cooldown is not fun.

A mount that we can't use past level 40 isn't fun.

We knew we weren't getting leet items with stats. What we didn't expect, and wasn't advertised, was that the items would have such horrible "on-use" cooldowns. (Also, that training droid was advertised to be "at our side" and targeting enemies for us always. In reality, it lasts 30 seconds.)

You can probably pick it up for less than that. Was looking at ebay earlier, seems alot of people picked up the CE for the in-game goodies. I like my Darth Malgus statue, I just need to figure where I'll put him... he's much larger than I was expecting him to be.

agreed, i see for sale at 20! :)

agreed, i see for sale at 20! :)

It's cool and all, and nice quality, but this just goes to show that lots of other people are of the same mindset as I am: enjoy Star Wars, enjoy mmos but don't have room for clutter and/or it doesn't match my swank pad.

Edited by Cootie

Why does EVERYONE assume that that's what I wanted?! No, I wanted cosmetic items. Cool in-game things that just make the game fun.

A holocam that wastes an inventory space is not fun.

A dancer that lasts 15 seconds on a min cooldown is not fun.

A mount that we can't use past level 40 isn't fun.

We knew we weren't getting leet items with stats. What we didn't expect, and wasn't advertised, was that the items would have such horrible "on-use" cooldowns. (Also, that training droid was advertised to be "at our side" and targeting enemies for us always. In reality, it lasts 30 seconds.)

They scream "you just want an unfair advantage" is an a convenient strawman they use to argue against the strangely bad CE in game stuff.

I mean look at the weird choices of of stuff on the CE vendor.

An easy way to do it would be to put the higher level CE vehicle on the CE vendor, all nice and fair.

The CE vendor not having much now shouldn't be a cause of great concern, they've said that they will continue to add to it over time. I would say there are other areas that are also somewhat lacking, they will improve with time and patches.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.. Just curious, though: I've heard this before but the only evidence people have is that it is described as a "dynamic" store and "dynamic" means changing. Is there any other evidence to support that they'll be adding to the store? Preferably after they fix chat bugs... ;)

I'm afraid a cannot provide a link or quote to support it, but I've seen it mentioned several times here about the CE vendor that they intend to support it by adding to it over time.

Edit: I lied, I found something.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.
Edited by RWScissors

It's pretty standard in MMOs that pre-order/collector's edition special mounts scale to match the best mount you currently own. While BioWare did not specifically promise this, it's logically what players would expect, and you can't tell me BioWare didn't know that. They've played other MMOs that offer the same type of bonus items, you can't tell me they are ignorant of what an MMO player base expects from pre-order/CE bonuses.

Second, giving the other bonus items a 1 minute cooldown is just insulting. It is precisely because they don't have a practical use, or provide any statistical advantage whatsoever, that they do not require a cooldown. 1 minute is certainly not justified for such fluff items, and further demonstrates BioWare's cluelessness on how to handle these things.

And finally, the fact that the dancer doesn't last until cancelled, or until you move, or something to that effect, further illustrates BioWare's disconnect from the average MMO gamer, or gamer in general. I mean, these guys play video games, right? They've received bonus pre-order items before, right? They must have, and yet they still do something completely ridiculous and unnecessary like giving the dancer a 15 second duration on a 1 minute cooldown. You'd think it was some OP PvP trinket with usage conditions like that.

These are fluff items, BioWare. Since they don't do anything practical, whatsoever, they should be convenient to use. They are unnecessarily restrictive in their current state. Not that BioWare will devote any time whatsoever to fixing the items now. For one, they are just bonus pre-order items, which I'm sure BioWare cares little about post-launch (they already have our money, after all.) Second, the damage is done. If they fix them now, we'll still all remember how crappy they originally were, the kind of low quality crap BioWare actually thought we'd be satisfied with. The people who care about such things are already turned off and disappointed.

-Macheath.

Actually, if you look at the training droid, it's blatant false advertising. Borderline class-action worthy.

The rest is as advertised, though.

I could hug you! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's sore over the training droid being entirely unlike what was promised. I thought it'd be like... a step up from a vanity pet... Something I could have out along side my vanity pet that would be like "beep boo bip beee" when an enemy approached. *shrug* That's what they made it seem like. QQ

I'm afraid a cannot provide a link or quote to support it, but I've seen it mentioned several times here about the CE vendor that they intend to support it by adding to it over time.

Edit: I lied, I found something.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021

FANTASTIC sleuth work. I promise I had looked but had never found this. Thanks for posting this. :)