The harm PvPers do to PvE

krisagi

Server: Harbinger West Coast PvE

Planet: Oricon

PvPers in both factions are deliberately flagging PvP then running into a PvE'ers AOE and flagging them for PvP so to prevent them from completing ANY PvE Quest or Daily. I am on a PvE Server because I do not wish to PvP. If I wished to PvP I would have rolled a Character on a PvP Server. PvPers are making me want to cancel my account, and my guild members are thinking of doing the same thing. Please BioWare FIX IT NOW.

Edited by krisagi
removed name

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvPers in both factions are deliberately flagging PvP then running into a PvE'ers AOE and flagging them for PvP so to prevent them from completing ANY PvE Quest or Daily. I am on a PvE Server because I do not wish to PvP. If I wished to PvP I would have rolled a Character on a PvP Server. Players like CENSORED are making me want to cancel my account, and my guild members are thinking of doing the same thing. Please BioWare FIX IT NOW.

That's rather poor form for a PvE server but it's also against the forum rules to name and shame people here.

I can't help but wonder if the lack of new PvE content is driving people to boredom and when people get bored this sort of behaviour seems to increase.

Edited by Tsillah

That's rather poor form for a PvE server but it's also against the forum rules to name and shame people here.

I can't help but wonder if the lack of new PvE content is driving people to boredom and when people get bored this sort of behaviour seems to increase.

I wouldn't say that. This has been happening since launch. Jerk PvP'ers with no guts to go to a PvP sever will do things such as this. It's cheap and taking advantage of the broken flag system in my book.

Really players should only be able to engage in pvp if BOTH flag for it, regardless of aoe (on a non PvP server). And this is coming from an avid supporter of WPvP

I wouldn't say that. This has been happening since launch. Jerk PvP'ers with no guts to go to a PvP sever will do things such as this. It's cheap and taking advantage of the broken flag system in my book.

Really players should only be able to engage in pvp if BOTH flag for it, regardless of aoe (on a non PvP server). And this is coming from an avid supporter of WPvP

I don't play on that server but as I said boredom leads to an increase of such behaviour. I never said it didn't happen before.

I don't play on that server but as I said boredom leads to an increase of such behaviour. I never said it didn't happen before.

Right, but these actions are being done by (assuming) PvP'ers as is the normal case. Typically speaking PvP'ers don't exploit the flagging system due to lack of PvE content. I would agree though that they are indeed bored, perhaps lack of PvP content? :p

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

They're probably trying for legacy title: Scare Bear :/ I hate that they're able to flag you and I try to be careful about AOEs if I happen to notice them, but IMO AOEs shouldn't do damage to enemy flagged players UNLESS the person doing the AOE is already flagged.

PvPers in both factions are deliberately flagging PvP then running into a PvE'ers AOE and flagging them for PvP so to prevent them from completing ANY PvE Quest or Daily. I am on a PvE Server because I do not wish to PvP. If I wished to PvP I would have rolled a Character on a PvP Server. PvPers are making me want to cancel my account, and my guild members are thinking of doing the same thing. Please BioWare FIX IT NOW.

I imagine it's nearly as annoying the PVE players in warzones, so utterly out of their depth it's tragic. PVE players doing warzones are making me want to cancel my account.

Please BW, stop them from doing PVP.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I imagine it's nearly as annoying the PVE players in warzones, so utterly out of their depth it's tragic. PVE players doing warzones are making me want to cancel my account.

Please BW, stop them from doing PVP.

There is a difference between doing PvP in Warzone and PvP on a planet Oricon or CZ-198. If I enter a WarZone I know I am going to be attacking Other Players. If I am on a Planet I am there to do PvE Content. Unless I am in an area like Outlaws Den on Tatooine.

There is a difference between doing PvP in Warzone and PvP on a planet Oricon or CZ-198. If I enter a WarZone I know I am going to be attacking Other Players. If I am on a Planet I am there to do PvE Content. Unless I am in an area like Outlaws Den on Tatooine.

Truth, Keep the PvP to PvP servers and PvP areas and WZ/Arenas and let PvE players PvE in peace.

This happens periodically. It is pretty common during the Gree event and also happens around the world boss that spawns with the Rhakghoul event. Many people are going for the achievement you get from killing other palyers in these areas - so not only is this allowed by the game, it's encouraged.

I do not open-world PvP much at all, but it's part of the game. So when that comes up, be prepared for it. And although it wastes your time, remember, getting killed in PvP doesn't cost you any repair bills.

How to cope, you may ask? Here are some suggestions:

• Don't use AoE attacks unless you are sure no other-faction PvPers are around (watch for stealthers tho).
  • Don't use Aoe Heals unless you are sure there are no same-faction PvPers around
  • Group up if you cannot finish the quests with out AoE, but not with PvP-flagged players.
  • Change instances if possible.

Anyone else have coping tactics they can suggest? "Heal to Full and Make them Pay," BTW, isn't much of an option if you do not have any PvP gear. In a battle where only one side has Expertise, the outcome is pretty certain.

This was an unofficial organized event, BTW. I saw some chat traffic encouraging PvPers from both side to come out and play with each other for the open-world PvP achievements. PvE players being caught in the crossfire was to be expected.

It's one thing to attack someone who is already flagged for PVP I have no problem with that. HOWEVER, Intentionally making someone flag just so you can kill them is dirty and underhanded and people who do it should be banned for a minimum of a week to teach them a lesson. :mad:

It's one thing to attack someone who is already flagged for PVP I have no problem with that. HOWEVER, Intentionally making someone flag just so you can kill them is dirty and underhanded and people who do it should be banned for a minimum of a week to teach them a lesson. :mad:

I think banning them for a week is a little heavy handed. They aren't blatantly breaking any of the tos so how can you punish them? I suggest bw fix their flagging system. It's more so their fault for creating an environment that allows and even encourages this to an extent (achievements). I'm not saying remove wpvp (what's left lol?) but to just fix their flawed flagging system.

I think banning them for a week is a little heavy handed. They aren't blatantly breaking any of the tos so how can you punish them? I suggest bw fix their flagging system. It's more so their fault for creating an environment that allows and even encourages this to an extent (achievements). I'm not saying remove wpvp (what's left lol?) but to just fix their flawed flagging system.

They banned a member of JC for three days just for begging for creds on fleet which I would say is relatively minor in comparison to doing something that can be considered griefing.

Please keep in mind that BW, for whatever reason, designed the game so that even on PvE servers, AoE heals or attacks that affect a PvP-flagged player flag the caster for PvP. They did not have to.

Some way of preventing players not flagged for PvP (NF players) from helping their flagged buddies was needed. But BW could instead have made attacks and heals by NF players have no effect on PvP-flagged players. They chose this instead. It isn't a bug or an exploit, it's the game "working as intended."

But just like the case of someone rushing in to click on a PvE objective while you are killing the guardian mobs around it, there are ways to cope.

If your account status is so fragile that THIS is what you'd quit for, then it's too late to save you. It's a game. You lost a tiny amount of time and that's it. Suck it up and play or go...don't whine on the forums about your inability to handle yourself better.

This was an unofficial organized event, BTW. I saw some chat traffic encouraging PvPers from both side to come out and play with each other for the open-world PvP achievements. PvE players being caught in the crossfire was to be expected.

That does explain it, but I think it's still a bad idea because obviously there are achievements to be had and if people wear pvp gear and fight new level 55s in crap gear, it's certainly not a very nice thing to have happen to you.

I don't mind people pvp'ing but you know as well as I that people know tricks to sucker pve'ers into it and they use those tricks on purpose to pester people. It's that attitude that is the problem, not someone accidentally getting caught in it once or twice.

Please keep in mind that BW, for whatever reason, designed the game so that even on PvE servers, AoE heals or attacks that affect a PvP-flagged player flag the caster for PvP. They did not have to.

Some way of preventing players not flagged for PvP (NF players) from helping their flagged buddies was needed. But BW could instead have made attacks and heals by NF players have no effect on PvP-flagged players. They chose this instead. It isn't a bug or an exploit, it's the game "working as intended."

But just like the case of someone rushing in to click on a PvE objective while you are killing the guardian mobs around it, there are ways to cope.

It's like that in EVERY MMO I've ever played. I chalk it up to simple copy & paste of existing PVP flagging systems instead of trying to create something unique for TOR.

Edited by Anaesha

If your account status is so fragile that THIS is what you'd quit for, then it's too late to save you. It's a game. You lost a tiny amount of time and that's it. Suck it up and play or go...don't whine on the forums about your inability to handle yourself better.

It's only a tiny amount of time if it happens once but who is to say they are not camped or that the person just does it again when they come back after un-flagging?

They banned a member of JC for three days just for begging for creds on fleet which I would say is relatively minor in comparison to doing something that can be considered griefing.

It's not griefing. It's working as intended. PvP through justifiable means. I however don't condone such actions. As I said, the fault lies with bw for creating a crap flag system... Not the players who use the system hey were given. Punishing them is silly.

It's not griefing. It's working as intended. PvP through justifiable means, I however don't condone such actions. As I said, the fault lies with bw for creating a crap flag system... Not the players who use the system hey were given. Punishing them is silly.

They didn't create it they just copied it like all MMOs do.

It's not griefing. It's working as intended. PvP through justifiable means. I however don't condone such actions. As I said, the fault lies with bw for creating a crap flag system... Not the players who use the system hey were given. Punishing them is silly.

It's not using the system, it's exploiting it. Anyone knows that the flag system is not that great but that the idea on a pve server is still that pvp should be consentual. Exploiting the weakness of the system to go against the core idea of a pve server is not using but abusing the system and therefore an exploit.

It's hard to prove for BW if someone did it on purpose or not I guess but we all know damn well people do it on purpose.