Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While decorating the strongholds I have, I remembered something that might help with some immersion factor. False doors.

Imagine being able to get decorations of doors you can place on walls in some structures, to indicate it's bigger than what you can access. This would definitely help the strongholds I've been working on, at least, as it would allow me to imply they have bigger, more fleshed out floor plans than what you can get into.

If this was a viable decoration suggestion, I'd also like to see multiple different designs of these "false doors".

(Additionally, while I'm thinking about it, wall mountable balconies of different sizes might be nice, too.)

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

While decorating the strongholds I have, I remembered something that might help with some immersion factor. False doors.

This is brilliant! Unfortunately, it won't be easy. :(

Most of the walls have curves, floorboards, and/or wainscoting which means the bottom of the door would be embedded in the wall. Of course, having a sort of portico over the doors or short hallway extension could cover for that, but it brings us to problem #2.

Most of the Large and Medium Wall hooks are too high up to place doors, and few Flooring hooks are close enough to the wall. Of course, they could create the decoration with a positioning offset. Some decos do have that.

If they get past those problems, I'd like to expand on this idea --

* WINDOWS with interesting views to put on the walls. If they're clever, the window will show what's actually outside, adjusting to where it's placed, sort of like the Commemorative Statues react to their environment.

* SECURITY DOORS where you have to push a button to (de)activate laser bars or force fields. Of course, these will work best in doorways and hallways, or in rooms between fence/wall segments, not where current automatic doors are located.

* SHELVES with interesting things on them that can be mounted on the walls.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Could we please have a variety of cobwebs as floor Small, Medium Narrow, and Medium decorations?

I noticed a number of them in the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas and other places.

If they are free-standing floor items, we can position the top corner to be against walls, tables, chairs, etc.

Please put in game, for purchase, the {Purple Sith Library} decoration from the Sith Academy (2nd floor; as well as Thanaton's library); (*pic*). It looks like the {Ancient Library} decoration, but instead of yellow, it's purple w/ a darker frame <3

This {Purple Sith Library} decoration would look fantastic in my personal & guild StrongHolds. We have {Jedi Library} decorations in game, but not a Sith Library (been waiting) :confused:

here's some pics of it:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ca/ThanatonLibrary01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120416215224

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qRYm0JPX10E/maxresdefault.jpg

(get it through the CM, or in game, idc - I'll shell out some serious CC's for these)

A bunch more personnel would be wonderful. Such as different types of Imperial soldiers (snowtroopers, stealthtroopers, scouts, etc), Imperial workers (slaves, intelligence, technicians, etc) and Imperial citizens.

There is not a lot of clean furniture either to match that imperial feeling. plain metal tables with chairs, technical equipment such as communications, ominous imperial lamps as well as automated turrets.

Painted (NOT HOLO *) wall graffiti would be wonderful. There are a lot of Black Sun and other gang graffiti marks all around Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa that would be perfect.

One of the things that makes Star Wars different from other sci-fi is that objects look used, like they have a back story. We could use some tables, couches, and storage containers that look second-hand.

We could also use a lot more shelves and other storage that have things in them. The stuff on the shelf will help push the theme of a stronghold...

... speaking of which, we need more Stronghold labels, please!

(* I'd love the holo signs if they weren't so noisy! All that buzzing and clicking is ridiculous, especially if you put more than one in a room.)

Edited by Xina_LA

• 3 weeks later...
I want to put armor and weapons on stands, not on companions, for display. The main reason for this is that I want the armor to appear as armor, not holos, when on different characters.

I want Treek rotating on a spit over a campfire. While we're at it, I want Gungan ears mounted like we mount moose antlers here on Earth, to mount over my mantle.

I want a garage into which I can place all my speeders, and I have a lot of them.

Same but I just don't think that Bioware will do it but if they do that would be amazing

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
Referral link removed

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to see the return of the Rishi beach decorations. Missed them and I have nothing to put on my Rishi beach now that I finally have it.

I seem to recall there was an issue that you couldn't put towels under the beach umbrellas or some such thing though.

It would be nice to have palm trees that are not in pots to put on the beach.

Also, coniferous trees to go with the Alderaan stronghold. We have so many palms...

I would like more tables that had food and/or beverages on them. Czerka caf tables have risen to a crazy price on the GTA. Food Tables from Feast of Prosperity were nice but I don't want to have to keep grinding for them once a year. (The table design is also kind of chunky and not my favorite...)

New beds? We are pretty limited in beds and bed colors.

1. Ossus walls in various states of ruin.

2. Wall ruins from all across the game.

3. Armor stand for my suits of armor.

4. Weapon racks and displays for my lightsabers.

5. The new Ossus Jedi statues in small, medium and large.

6. Ossus banners.

7. More Jedi personnel.

8. The ability to put all of my alternate characters in my stronghold as decorations. (NOT HOLOS) They would wear whatever outfit they are currently wearing. to be clear its ALTS not companions.

9. Holocron displays, stands,wall shelves.

1. Ossus walls in various states of ruin.

2. Wall ruins from all across the game.

3. Armor stand for my suits of armor.

4. Weapon racks and displays for my lightsabers.

5. The new Ossus Jedi statues in small, medium and large.

6. Ossus banners.

7. More Jedi personnel.

8. The ability to put all of my alternate characters in my stronghold as decorations. (NOT HOLOS) They would wear whatever outfit they are currently wearing. to be clear its ALTS not companions.

9. Holocron displays, stands,wall shelves.

I agree with all of this, but especially with 7. and 9.

I also would like to see more personnel bundles in general, tailored to specific themes and planets. For example:

• Alderaan NPCs (House Organa/Ulgo/Etc. NPCs. Soldiers, Battledroids, Ambassadors, Civils like Farmers/Technicians and so on.)
  • Balmorra NPCs (Resistance NPCs, Republic Soldiers, Imperial Soldiers, Battledroids, Civils like Farmers/Technicians and so on.)
  • Taris NPCs (Scientists, Civils like Farmers/Technicians and so on)
  • Corellia NPCs (Resistance, Republic Soldiers, Imperial Soldiers, Battledroids and so on)

Edited by Jesseriah

I'd also suggest a variety of Alliance personnel bundles. As of now the Iokath Alliance personnel are the only personnel decorations that are clearly members of the Alliance. Of course, you can mix and match Republic and Imperial personnel to make up seemingly Alliance personnel, but it would be cool to have that option.

Also more civilian personnel packs as well. Things like delegates, senators, random people etc. would really help give more life to Strongholds.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a bundle of Personnel doing a variety of interesting emotes, such as:

Welding, groveling, cowering, using a holocom, cheering, clapping, flexing, threatening, being wounded (standing in the wounded pose), flourishing (weapons), being impatient, and waving.

And most importantly, in a sitting pose with no chair (to position ourselves) and sitting in each of the types of chairs available. It's very strange to see everyone standing around!

It would be a nice bonus to get a version of the medical beds and bunk beds with people in them.

We could use a full-sized (floor large) Hutt lounger. The one we get from the prefab vendors is only large enough for a human to lie on, or a baby hutt.

I would also like to see a version of our personal class ships at full scale, with the door open, so we can go on board, with all the interior decorations we're used to on our class ships (except perhaps utilities). There are already troop transports you can go inside, and the Odessen command center is large scale, so this is obviously possible.

Finally, I would love to have a version of all the Starship decorations that are full-sized and sitting on landing gear, instead of being museum models floating over round bases. Please let us put more ships in our starports and make it look like people are visiting our strongholds from afar.

Edited by Xina_LA