rant from a tank

ElevenBfour

Just some background:

My first toon was a VG back at release. Got him to 50, tanked both FP's and OP's with him. I level'd a Jugg tank a time later, tanked FP's and OP's with him. TOok a long break right after the expac released, cam back just a few weeks ago and decided to level an Assassin. He's now lvl55 and I'm slowing getting him all his basic gear.

Tonight, like the past few nights, I've been que'ing up and tanking some fp's, just grinding comms. I dont' remember which FP is was, one of the level 50 ones, I was tanking with my Assassin and an OP healer, lvl53. First pull there is a gold and 2 silvers, maybe a few regulars, the healer lets me die. I'm thinking, wth is this guy doing? Next pull, he lets me die again.

Healer starts yelling (typing in caps) saying how much I sucked. He initiated a kick. I'm thinking, surely the group isnt' this stupid. Before I could even get a reply out, the group agreed to kick me.

Been awhile since I've pissed. I'm not that pissed, but it just got under my skin. I probably shouldn't have let it, but I did a little. You dont' normally run into that kind of person in this game.

Anyways, rant off.

Nice rant but considering we know nothing about the circumstances kinda pointless.

The fact that the others agreed to kick you would lead me to believe the fault may have been yours, but ultimately they may have also been clueless.

Do you feel you did all you were supposed to do, in refreshing Dark Ward, Discharge and keeping Shadow Protection up?

What's the problem here? Your ignore list should have been updated with three more names and that's it. You're a tank. They're dps and healers. Let them ponder the meaning of life while they wait for GF pop.

My personal experience with lvl 50HMs has been significantly worse than anything else for the past few months. Essentially, some people have been treating them like tacticals because "lol, I'm lvl 55 I can tank as dps and dps as healer", except they're really not meant to be played like that.

So I'd suggest you move on to the level 55 HMs right away. The rewards will be much better anyway.

Thank you for the rant. I am a lvl 36 bounty hunter that likes to play as a healer in a group. I am VERY new and trying to learn how to be a good healer in FP and groups. I will take your rant and learn from it as a medic so if I see issues i can try and fix it.

I get upset at myself if anyone I am healing gets near death (unless of course I am taking damage and trying to stay alive) and pissed if they die.

Thanks.

What's the problem here? Your ignore list should have been updated with three more names and that's it. You're a tank. They're dps and healers. Let them ponder the meaning of life while they wait for GF pop.

Agreed, most of the problem comes from Elitist Cretins that don't amount to anything in real life and it takes a game to inflate their inadequate egos ... :-)

Edited by Lorica

Was there CC out there that you knocked off with AoE?? Or did you not wait for group to regen and prep for fights?

It could be but from experience, it was probably a group that determined he was being too thorough or not keeping up with their pace. And regardless, one wipe or break of AOE should not lead to a boot. Most high levels can afford more than a few wipes.

Edited by Lorica

• 2 weeks later...
Were you geared with mitigation? Were you maintaining Dark Ward? Harnessed darkness? Did the team actually wipe once you went down or was the healer able to keep DPS alive? If it wasn't your fault (there is too much unknown) then you were probably better off out of there.

I just wanted to say that this post is so friggin funny! I litterally spit my drink out when i read this. lol

This is what I do every time i queue on my Gunslinger... just think about life for hours with no pops.. lol

Edited by SirMoody

..... I dont' remember which FP is was, one of the level 50 ones, I was tanking with my Assassin and an OP healer, lvl53. First pull there is a gold and 2 silvers, maybe a few regulars, the healer lets me die. I'm thinking, wth is this guy doing? Next pull, he lets me die again....

Anyways, rant off.

This is the part you need to pay attention to. It was a level 50 FP. I'm lvl55 with the 5 initiall pieces you get from oricon, except I made the gear to favor Shield and not defense. How does a healer let me die in an FP to a gold and 2 silvers? Once I died, the dps finished it off but the point is, I wasn't getting healed, or if I was, it was hardly for anything. Then the healer gets mad at me and kicks me.

Yes I know how to play an Assassin tank.

It's water under the bridge now. It was just incredibly frustrating at the time. I'm just used to people friending me and sending me tells when I log to tank for them. This isn't because I'm God's tank-gift to dps'ers and healers, its just because I've been tanking for years now and can do it better than most because of the experience. Not because of some innate, elitest gifting I have.