Man its boring to play now.

vingmotor

It does seem a grind at first after the double XP. It is always that way till I get going again. Then I hit some quest I like and so it is all good. I have 16 55 on JC and 5 on Ebon Hawk. I have all the advance classes done.. Several on some classes. As long as I am having fun that is all that counts.

I don't bother leveling much outside of double xp events simply because I like the more recreational pacing it allows me to keep. I've got five level 55's, and I'm in no necessary hurry for more, but I hate having to do eeeeeeverything on even the planets I just don't enjoy as a default...or farm fp's and now, kdy.

I don't care about the challenge. Point blank, my career provides all the challenge I'll ever want, and I log into games like TOR to get away from stress and challenge. There's no planet storyline I've not seen at least twice, and I'm ok with focusing on doing stuff with my 55's when is not double xp.

Some obviously won't like to play as I do, but that's fine. Double xp doesn't happen that often, so I tend to enjoy leveling more when it does because I don't bother moat of the time.

It isn't too hard odd any such thing without it, mind. It's just more tedious, and I don't do things I feel to be tedious in my pretendy-funtime games.

You don't have to do everything on every planet. You just have to do fps and class story. Or pvp and class story. But when kdy will get you a level per run or close to it, complaining that you have to kill random mobs to grind or do every side quest just isn't true any longer. I really can't think of another mmo that has a levelling process this easy.

Edited by errant_knight

The few days after double XP are like vacation time for my characters . . . time to relax (gain rest XP for the new ones) and do some shopping (get all their gear up to date). ;) After the whirlwind of leveling, it is fine.

I generally like the leveling process, but I admit, there are some planets that I would happily skip at least half of on every one of my current leveling characters, and double XP makes this easy. I think I may have cackled a bit with glee as I zoomed past the bonus series NPC when I was leaving Republic Balmorra last week. :p

Some of us actually like playing the game and not skipping through it all.

^^^^ this

I always laugh when I see someone try to use the word "grind" in regards to SW:TOR

SW:TOR about as big a anti grind MMORPG there ever been.

Hell they could run 1/2 xp week and the game still would have no grind in it.

Jesus Christ why are you elitist's so nit picky?

As long as this game has been out.. why am I still seeing comments like this

"Some of us still enjoy the story blah blah blah"

Well hey elitists? I've got a counter, SOME OF US HAVE LEVELED TONS OF CHARACTERS, and We've already seen it all.

I don't see how liking to play the story makes you an elitist. One could equally talk about "elitist's" (sic) who want to skip the story and it would make the same amount of sense (i.e. none at all). Elitism really has no bearing on this, it's just about personal preference.

I don't see how liking to play the story makes you an elitist. One could equally talk about "elitist's" (sic) who want to skip the story and it would make the same amount of sense (i.e. none at all). Elitism really has no bearing on this, it's just about personal preference.

+1

And if you've seen it all - why is skipping still an issue? I mean... if you've done it already, you're through with it, no?

Yep, take a break, go outside, enjoy summer and come back with the cold weather.

What about us summerhaters who think hot weather and sunshine is actually the bad weather? Who love the cold, clouds, snow and wind? What should we do? :confused:

Out of your 22 toons, how many are in full 180 gear? How about companions?

I noticed this question wasn't answered.. There is SO MUCH to do in the game.. FP's, Ops, Dailies, achievements, collections,datacrons,,.. Those are just off the top of my head.. then thee's the companion stuff... Gearing, affection,/story... Getting 180 gear, maxing out crafting items/mats, maxing out PVP, GSF... Don't tell me you're bored... You aren't playing the game to it's potential if you are. And 22 toons? Doing all of that with each one would take forever..

Balmorra's horrible. Besides, I don't want to help the *Republic* to get it back from my Empire! I got my Consular to level 35, so I'll be able to skip the more annoying quests, but I'll still have to install a new prime minister and everything. Sigh. Wish I could defect and give Zenith to Imperial Intelligence.

Omg, you remind me of one of my guildmates. Every time I'd get an achievement for killing X amount of imperials, he'd be like "you traitor (cause I'm impside based), how dare you strike a fellow imp!!" It was pretty funny.

Omg, you remind me of one of my guildmates. Every time I'd get an achievement for killing X amount of imperials, he'd be like "you traitor (cause I'm impside based), how dare you strike a fellow imp!!" It was pretty funny.

Haha! You must have a great guild. Seriously, we need more comments like that.

Imperials kill each other all the time, though. While playing both Sith storylines, I ended up killing, well, nearly everybody important on the Imperial side. Apart from the Emperor, but we all know what happened there.

I avoid Double XP like the plague it is. Hoping that the one full week thing doesn't become recurring.

For now though, I'll contend with those people who have their Sentinels using Cunning and Aim mods on their gear and pugging for LV55 HM's. :D

Say what?:eek::eek::eek:

yea i do too. but after 22 toons and such i skip sometimes the bad planets. and only do the class quests.

like balmorra. :D

I feel ya

I don't even level anymore, I just casually work on my mains from time to time. Often I log in and run the fleet gauntlet a few times as log back out.

Even the 10 ultimate comms can't get me motivated to que up and play hammer station for the 9 zillionth time

Ehh, after 2XP week it's back to business as usual. I started several new alts and got all of them off the starter & capital planets. They all have over lvl'd their class missions by 4-6lvls. So I can still skip some of the planetary quest that I've done 100 times already. :D I'll now enjoy the voyage on the way to lvl 50.

I noticed this question wasn't answered.. There is SO MUCH to do in the game.. FP's, Ops, Dailies, achievements, collections,datacrons,,.. Those are just off the top of my head.. then thee's the companion stuff... Gearing, affection,/story... Getting 180 gear, maxing out crafting items/mats, maxing out PVP, GSF... Don't tell me you're bored... You aren't playing the game to it's potential if you are. And 22 toons? Doing all of that with each one would take forever..

Ever climbed mount Fuji? Whitewater kayaked? Been deep sea fishing? Do you go sky diving? How about bungie jumping? Ever raced a 5k triathalon?

How about skiing and snowboarding? You don't need to be rich and go to Aspen to do that, or most any of these things. Just moderately fit and willing.

How about landscaping? Have you ever gone rock picking for just the right stone to make your yard buttresses with?

How about cooking? You don't have to be fit or active to cook. I just made pulled boar braised with an imperial stout, with my own window grown herbs and locally grown organic garlic yesterday with some friends I have little kitchen Fiestas with. One of them brought this raspberry vinaigrette they'd infused themselves for the antipasto salad that was to die for.

For dessert, we baked ten butternut squash halves that we'd basted with brown sugar, whole cream butter and fresh ground cinnamon. Decadence!

I didn't play TOR last night, though. It may come as a surprise, but we don't all enjoy the same things. And like you'll probably find, irrespective of my personal favorite things to do above, there's a lot to do in life, and any given individual won't like most of it.

Maybe you like, oh... Raiding. I'd rather spend my evenings, if I'm in game, doing just about anything else. GSF? I find it to be pointless, unstoried and terribly uninteresting.

You see, the point here is... You have no point. You think you do, but I'd wager that almost nobody likes everything there technically is to do in TOR...or rl, just the same.

Ponder it.

Edited by Uruare

yea i do too. but after 22 toons and such i skip sometimes the bad planets. and only do the class quests.

like balmorra. :D

I personally never skip anything, unless its alien language, a 5 second speech takes 25 seconds to progress, the same with droid beeps....but overall, i never skip anything, hence why i avoid all group content until endgame, because players don't care what you like or want, if they want to skip something its 'skip or be kicked' type of attitude, which is why if a game heavily built on story, the stuff needs to be 100% solo and not group based.....just my opinion.

I personally never skip anything, unless its alien language, a 5 second speech takes 25 seconds to progress, the same with droid beeps....but overall, i never skip anything, hence why i avoid all group content until endgame, because players don't care what you like or want, if they want to skip something its 'skip or be kicked' type of attitude, which is why if a game heavily built on story, the stuff needs to be 100% solo and not group based.....just my opinion.

That is just common courtesy. If someone wants to watch the whole thing they shouldn't be kicked. t doesn't hurt for a group to wait a little bit longer to move on.

For a time, I had quit ToR to play some other games. I returned on 4/13/13, and found alot of changes. From my perspective, the end game content isn't enough to keep me entertained. At 55, things just become too easy, such as doing the EV and KP. Only thing boring about this is the Galactic Starfighter, its tedious, its PvP, and it dosen't give much of anything. Besides that, I can roam around and solo FP's if I choose to :)

Click here for free stuff http://www.swtor.com/r/BydDVX

If you're bored, you should find a large guild to join, then work your way up to NiM ops! Collecting setpiece 186 gear, and special titles/ pets/ legacy gear from NiM ops is pretty fun (and later being able to craft 180's and make lots of money off of MMG's). Not to mention ranked pvp, and season rewards.

That said,I would be completely happy and 100% hooked again if each class got another adv class, or skill tree..... or even a new class entirely for both imp and pub.

If you're bored, you should find a large guild to join, then work your way up to NiM ops! Collecting setpiece 186 gear, and special titles/ pets/ legacy gear from NiM ops is pretty fun (and later being able to craft 180's and make lots of money off of MMG's). Not to mention ranked pvp, and season rewards.

That said,I would be completely happy and 100% hooked again if each class got another adv class, or skill tree..... or even a new class entirely for both imp and pub.

I considered that once but believe me it is not fun at least for me.

1) Even doing nims its the same content over and over again.

2) People in guilds are nice but there are always mor#$# yelling at everybody personally i don't consider that fun and can't stand it. I'm almost full 180 on my 3 toons i don't need more.

But its my fault only, i shouldn't have come back.

Edited by psikofunkster