*** we have to PAY for legacy storage?!?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW makes Crafters irrelevant, people complain.

BW makes Crafters relevant again, people complain.

SMDH.

This won't make crafters relevant. People will purchase the CM version because it will be easier and a handful of crafters will make in-game credits off of a handful of die-hards. To make crafters relevant BW would need to change or remove their gear grind.

Edited by RobNightfall

This won't make crafters relevant. People will purchase the CM version because it will be easier and a handful of crafters will make in-game credits off of a handful of die-hards. To make crafters relevant BW would need to change or remove their gear grind.

Yes it will, Some of the best dyes are crafted. Aug kits also helped as well. Decorations and being able to make LS will make crafting relevant again.

About your demand for free storage on top of the free stronghold?

Seriously?

How can you say that somebody who pays a subscription fee to play the game is getting any part of it for free? I agree that they shouldn't give this to those who play for free, but there is nothing wrong with somebody asking for legacy storage to be available to all subs without having to pay extra for it..

Edited by Exly

So... not sure what the big deal is. Easy to say after all the pages on this thread. Lol. But look, it is simple. My currency in game is creds, not CM coins. I make a buttload in various different ways. So... when the legacy storage hook comes, I will simply craft it myself or buy it from GTN at no additional cost to my sub. None at all. So... I'm not paying for anything. I'm playing the game to acquire what I want. It is as simple as that.

As for the sub question? Ok, some think it should be free for subs. Sure, I'd love everything on the CM to be free for subs. Lol. But that is not the way it works. They have given us an avenue to get legacy storage that doesn't cost any real money, and that is all I need.

Last for the argument that the CM version will undercut crafters... Yeah, not for those that don't' want or need to spend coins. And trust me there are plenty of us. Crafters are becoming more relevant with this option and I welcome it.

So... not sure what the big deal is. Easy to say after all the pages on this thread. Lol. But look, it is simple. My currency in game is creds, not CM coins. I make a buttload in various different ways. So... when the legacy storage hook comes, I will simply craft it myself or buy it from GTN at no additional cost to my sub. None at all. So... I'm not paying for anything. I'm playing the game to acquire what I want. It is as simple as that.

As for the sub question? Ok, some think it should be free for subs. Sure, I'd love everything on the CM to be free for subs. Lol. But that is not the way it works. They have given us an avenue to get legacy storage that doesn't cost any real money, and that is all I need.

Last for the argument that the CM version will undercut crafters... Yeah, not for those that don't' want or need to spend coins. And trust me there are plenty of us. Crafters are becoming more relevant with this option and I welcome it.

This man gets it!

How can you say that somebody who pays a subscription fee to play the game is getting any part of it for free? I agree that they shouldn't give this to those who play for free, but there is nothing wrong with somebody asking for legacy storage to be available to all subs without having to pay extra for it..

And nobody has to pay extra... unless you count credits as "paying extra"? :eek:

Why is it such a surprise? Subsribers have to use CC to unlock cathar, legacy bank would not be any different; i knew it and i am prepared for it. stop making such fuss over such small matter, complain about things that desrve to be complained about; like lack of actual game content or no initiative to fix gsf.

By that reasoning you should just be handed everything in the game with no credit cost at all.

Screw grinding for those ulitimate coms, BW should just hand those BiS sets to you because you are a sub right?

And they are so horrible for not giving you all 5 bank slots immediately from start that you probably didn't unlock a single one in protest amirite? :rolleyes:

It's so funny when people use the "I pay 15 bucks a month, I should get it free" argument.

Sure you pay.

But you still don't get everything for free that you point at just because of that, so stop acting like a spoiled child and grow a pair and buy it for credits or craft it yourself. It won't cost you a dime of real money, so quit whining.

almost as funny as people that think we should pay 50 cents real money every time we enter a mission or board our ship. we play a subscription for the game and its contents. paying cc or credits for bling is one thing, paying for the actual processes of the game is another.

almost as funny as people that think we should pay 50 cents real money every time we enter a mission or board our ship. we play a subscription for the game and its contents. paying cc or credits for bling is one thing, paying for the actual processes of the game is another.

Let this be a warning to everyone, doing drugs and using the forums leads to embarrassing posts like this!

Why is it such a surprise? Subsribers have to use CC to unlock cathar, legacy bank would not be any different; i knew it and i am prepared for it. stop making such fuss over such small matter, complain about things that desrve to be complained about; like lack of actual game content or no initiative to fix gsf.

You missed the part about crafters I take it.

I wouldn't call $15 a month free

It is free to craft legacy storage. Haven't crafters been whining for a while about not being able to craft things that were available with CCs? Now you are given an option to make in game credits by crafting/selling something major like this and people still complain?

I agree! Good thing we don't have to!

Since, you know, the legacy storage can be bought with in-game cash or crafted by yourself.

I didn't miss that part but lets not kid ourselves here the crafted items for legacy storage is going to be WAY over priced to purchase.

...or a way to make it for yourself so you don't have to pay for it... Did you expect to get it just because you breath air?

Makes me glad to have a crafter of every type, every crew skill and all mission's leveled to 450 with a plethora of Mats on all my crafters and gatherers. It will be a good time to be a crafter.

Don't worry if you are on JC just send me the blue and purple mats and I'll make it for you for free, but tips are always appreciated.;)

Edited by RiVaN_

It is free to craft legacy storage.* Haven't crafters been whining for a while about not being able to craft things that were available with CCs? Now you are given an option to make in game credits by crafting/selling something major like this and people still complain?

* - Citation needed.

As far as I'm aware, the players do not yet know what the path to acquisition of the recipe will be, nor do we know what materials will be. It is possible, and seems probable, that materials will be of the rare and expensive sort. Think about the materials required to craft the top-end hilts and barrels and such today to set your expectations.

Is that "free"? Well, technically I suppose it might be... if you can get into enough raids and lucky with enough rolls to win the components when they drop.

Edited by DarthTHC

* - Citation needed.

As far as I'm aware, the players do not yet know what the path to acquisition of the recipe will be, nor do we know what materials will be. It is possible, and seems probable, that materials will be of the rare and expensive sort. Think about the materials required to craft the top-end hilts and barrels and such today to set your expectations.

Is that "free"? Well, technically I suppose it might be... if you can get into enough raids and lucky with enough rolls to win the components when they drop.

All true. Unless they introduce new materials specific to housing this is not a huge issue. Isotope 5 is purchasable with basic comms and Exotic Element Equalizers drop all over the place and are easy to obtain. The MMG's will be the issue as always. Individuals will have to get very lucky or buy from the GTN. Expensive, but not out of reach.

Not really that much luck involved.

well,look at it this way,at first the crafters will charge lots and lots of credits,I can see legacy going for 4 mill+.

That is assuming they find the recipe, it would be a cruel joke if you only got the recipe on nightmare DP 8 man.

what they are doing is straight from the book Nudge. yes you can work your tail off and get it from a craftier or pay some amount of CC Think Treek.

what she was 1800 CC? i personally worked towards lvl 40 legacy and paid the 1 mill.

That may be another "problem" the nudge could be you have to be legacy 60 and 5 mill to unlock, like the GTN on the ship or one of those I don't remember . From PR standpoint, all they have to be able to say is players can either use CC or in game credits to unlock the storage. Does not matter how hard or expensive it is in game personally I will wait til it goes live then see how it works, but as of right now not really wanting a stronghold even with 5 free rooms

...or a way to make it for yourself so you don't have to pay for it...

Even if you make it yourself you will have to pay for it...

There will be mats to gather and schematics to acquire and I bet none of it will be cheap.