How Much Would You Pay for a Voice Change?

If it's just changing my voice from say the female agents to the Female Warriors I wouldn't pay even a single CC for it now if it was a completely unique voice maybe 600CC but any more then that is just price gouging imo.

Thanks for your posts!

Not that it would ever happen since they would have to pay someone to redo every single line in the game x each character

Well that's why we would have to pay CC in order to gain access to these optional voices. I am curious how many people would be willing to pay for such a thing, as the more popular it would be the more money could be made and thus it would be more viable.

the female smuggler voice does make me cringe.

Yes, I completely agree! I have made tons of characters, but the only voice I really dislike so far is indd the female smuggler voice. It is so annoying that I am having trouble playing that char :(

That said...

-> Understanding that a lot of time and money needs to be put into it: I would pay up to about 1200CC for a voice change. More than that would not seem right, in my opinion.

I must say I do not really understand the Cartel Market prices. Cathar are 600CC which required a lot more work than say a single speeder which can cost far more. The Cathar unlock is account wide, whilst the speeder is for a single character only (to unlock it for all characters within your legacy you must pay more!). The only way I can make sense out of that is that it was assumed that more people would buy the cathar unlock than those expensive single item speeders. Then again, if the speeders were cheaper than more people would be willing to buy them... So are they supposed to be rare and for those with a lot of money? Rare is fine by me, but then make it available after completing a very difficult challenge, or be about plain luck, not about money.

Bioware, please make a nexu mini pet, I really want a baby mutant Cheshire Cat!

I agree, yes please nexu mini pet :D:i_biggrin:

Edited by TheSunStar

I"m not sure how much I'd be willing to pay, but I would be willing to pay something. Maybe 1k? I have duplicates of some class/gender combinations and I would love to have their voices distinct.

The only one I dislike is the fem/consular, but since mine is 55 there is little point to changing it now :p

How hard would it be to do voice modulation with the existing recordings? I believe it's possible, but outside my sphere of knowledge.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I'd love this option! There are a few class/gender combos that I simply will not play because I dislike the voices so much, and a few others that I find it hard to warm up to because the voice is just tolerable to me rather than likable.

But how much I'd pay would really depend on how much better I liked the new voice option and how strongly I disliked the default. I'd say anywhere from 600 CC's for "well, it's an improvement" to 1800 for "New favorite voice!" Let my male Consular sound more like (prequel) Obi-Wan and less like my stuffy old math teacher, and I'll break out the wallet in an instant. Make my Agent's sexy voice a different flavor of sexy, I may or may not bite.

Could be neat if the new voices also used slightly different standard/repeated lines, too, just to shake things up a bit.

How hard would it be to do voice modulation with the existing recordings? I believe it's possible, but outside my sphere of knowledge.

Agreed. I don't know about this either, but since I think entirely new voices are rather unlikely, perhaps offering voice modulation could be a nice alternative. :)

Edited by Gwena

Depends, do I get to pick the voice actor? :)

I'd love to hear some of the companion voice actors do the mains some time. Such as the girl who does Mako? Love her voice, she could do the female smuggler... would be nice anyway, I'd pay $10 for that.

For that matter, the girl who does Vette? I'll take her too as a main voice actor...

I would pay to switch a Female Consular Thrilling Too High & Female Inquisitor Gum Chewing voices, and to correct the volume issues with the Sith Female Warrior's Louder That Everyone Else voice. Overoll though, I would prefer visual customization to audial one. I am way more satisfied with sound in this game than with the graphics.

FTR, Female Smuggler is my favorite female voice in the game, of course. I am ever a contrarian. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

• 3 weeks later...

I think using different voice actors for different roles sounds like a nice idea i mean if you can the cartel market coins it nice to change it up instead of the *Male* Sith Warrior Voice all the same for example.

- Signed Mandolare the Unbreakable