2.8 Official PvE Nightmare Progression for DF and DP

JowyBlight

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to start a war or rage fest, but I'm curious if there is a rule of sorts against counting boss kills with pugs in your progression runs? Because I have seen a few screen shots where it's not a full guild run (but taken down and replaced with an achievement screenshot instead) and has counted. Like I said, only curious. Edited by xeraphyne

These are super late cause I kept forgetting to upload them and we're also really bad at remembering to take good kill shots, but The Einherjar/Working as Intended (name change) killed 4/5 DF NiM during Nightmare Power:

Guild Name: Working as Intended

Faction: Republic

Draxus: May 12, 10:22PM Central

Grobthok: May 27, 10:31PM Central (I wasn't there for the first guild kill, this is me looking at a guildie's achievements)

Corruptor Zero: May 28, 10:53PM Central

Edited by kmzh

Not trying to start a war or rage fest, but I'm curious if there is a rule of sorts against counting boss kills with pugs in your progression runs? Because I have seen a few screen shots where it's not a full guild run (but taken down and replaced with an achievement screenshot instead) and has counted. Like I said, only curious.

If your ever talking about "The Covenant" we already had a lot of bosses down while we had people in Ascension ( A majority of us were in Ascension). So we would either have to have a newer member post their achievment in our Guild Clear our Post our video. We also raid Imp side in Torva Nex, so like for instance, we killed Calphayus the day before we did Pub side, so we had to post a video. In all of our Guild Clears, we have only had 1 PUG periodically. However now we have our 8 man group with 4-5 back ups.

No idea how it is anymore 'round these parts, but IMO a guild's progression should include everyone in their guild. Simple logic. I understand being down a man or 2, but if you bring in a fill-in from another guild don't hide it. Hopefully I'll be back here soon; I miss JC.

I always like to have a full guild run on initial kills as well.

The point it seems like people are trying to make is that you posted screenshots that had 2 non-guilded people in it and later that night took those down and replaced them with a screenshot of your achievement page. I don't think our server's progression is "hardcore" enough to worry about counting or not counting kills, but I do think it LOOKS shady when things like that are done

Well it's also good to know for my future reference since my NiM Progression groups have two members that aren't in the same guild but have been permanent members for a while, so it's food for thought. Edited by xeraphyne

The point it seems like people are trying to make is that you posted screenshots that had 2 non-guilded people in it and later that night took those down and replaced them with a screenshot of your achievement page. I don't think our server's progression is "hardcore" enough to worry about counting or not counting kills, but I do think it LOOKS shady when things like that are done

That night I accidently posted a "Story Mode" pic. Boots'n is in "The Covenant" and so is Saevurr. The thing is, that at that time, Boots'n had a toon in guild it wasn't his main, he was waiting for a officer in "Prime Defense to swap his toon. Saevurr had his baby sentinel in "The Covenant" as well, however he was waiting for Crux to get back from his vacation to put his main in "The Covenant" as well. No one is aware of these politics that are happening. No one (myself) was trying to hide anything. So I after being told that I posted a "Story Mode" pic, and another bad one (I have tons of screen shots) I had to take another one. I believe I even posted the video kill shot. All previous mentioned personnel are in "The Covenant" and if you were to watch our kill Vids now, and our search our "Guild Tab" you would see that. I do not know why someone would get a hard on about this, and not ask the source directly....

Edited by STRATTNUTTZ

It doesn't seem like there should be a problem with pugs, at least unless the pug is really a ringer with the achievement already. (Only sort of true of tco, who I assume didn't have it on this server at least.)

Even then I'm having trouble caring. People posting stuff they kill here makes sense to me.

Just to provide some guidelines I guess for pugging. I get it. It is summer and in RL people are busy on vacations and what not. God knows my guild has people going on getaways every other day. It happens its summer time right! We're a small community of decent progression guilds, so we have to pug out now and then to fill our raid teams when RL gets in the way.

So with that said, In terms of progression tracking for NiM, as one person stated in a previous post, this isnt a hardcore progression server, so as far posting your kill goes. I think only two pugs should be allowed. (This seems fair and reasonable to me.) If you have more than 2 pugs on a progression kill, I won't count it. You'll need to clear it again the following week or whatever with the proper number of your guildies. I will add this rule to the main progression page. Thanks guys! Hope this clarifies things.

I am not the PUG police! Be honest about your achievements and progression. This is only for fun after all.

• 2 weeks later...

House Stark

Dread Fortress with Nightmare Buff

Nefra : 04/11/2014 @ 11:55:10 PM EST (From Guildmate Dakterion, since mine was done before the guild official kill)

Draxus : 04/18/2014 @ 1:27:23 AM EST

Grob'thok : 04/28/2014 @ 1:28:59 AM EST

Kill Pic ///Achievement + OpsFrame ///Double Achievements + OpsFrame

(Also had the luck of having Abe from Chosen Order with us that day. Thank you!)

Corruptor Zero : 04/29/2014 @ 12:26:11 AM EST

Kill Pic /// Achievements + OpsFrame /// Double Achievements + OpsFrames

Brontes -> Read below from my guildmate Eo :

06.10.2014 , 03:33 AM

House Stark's best pull was today (1st time we made it cleanly past both shields was this past week). Got it to 20% in 2nd shield with everyone alive, no rez used, but didn't quite execute on the orbs and ended at 6%. Would have liked another week or two (or even just the same difficulty sticking around without the title), but that's on us of course.

PS : No one should be ashamed of taking proper screenshots (even multiple) so that we don't have to guess if you pugged it or not. Be proud of what you do, but be legit when you do it. All I ask from this thread is healthy competition. That's what we play for. If you also happen to pug, please add a special mention for these people since they were part of it and their participation has made the kill possible! #Justmy2cents

BONUS : That Amazing Roll on Draxus (35 is our winning roll, aka auto-win)

Sorry for being late for posting. Good luck everyone for whatever Guild Ships bring us (hopefully more control over PUGS :D )

For the record, I never stopped updating this thread. In fact, I made a post the day before 2.8 saying that I would continue updating but nobody posted any progression after that. I left the game for a while because my computer took a dump which is why I'm only saying something now but I would have continued updating the thread from a laptop had there been anything to update. My computer is fixed and I'm playing the game again so I'll start updating again if people would like. I understand that it would be a bit of a pain to transfer stuff over but I wouldn't ask anyone to repost unless I was unable to find it in this thread. I would just transfer the information from this thread to this. I personally think it would make sense to have all the progression in one spot again because it would just be a lot cleaner but if everyone would rather continue using this thread for df/dp, I can take over again next content. That being said, it's great to see all the progression that's been going on since 2.8! I wonder who'll be first to get council down :rolleyes:

For the record, I never stopped updating this thread. In fact, I made a post the day before 2.8 saying that I would continue updating but nobody posted any progression after that. I left the game for a while because my computer took a dump which is why I'm only saying something now but I would have continued updating the thread from a laptop had there been anything to update. My computer is fixed and I'm playing the game again so I'll start updating again if people would like. I understand that it would be a bit of a pain to transfer stuff over but I wouldn't ask anyone to repost unless I was unable to find it in this thread. I would just transfer the information from this thread to this. I personally think it would make sense to have all the progression in one spot again because it would just be a lot cleaner but if everyone would rather continue using this thread for df/dp, I can take over again next content. That being said, it's great to see all the progression that's been going on since 2.8! I wonder who'll be first to get council down :rolleyes:

Considering how the progression is right now it's probably gonna be Torva to down it first since they have been working on it for a bit now anyway. As far as this you saying you were gonna keep updating the thread, I <3 U Alor but just shtap. You were not gonna update the thread from a laptop lolz. You be a liar :p

Considering how the progression is right now it's probably gonna be Torva to down it first since they have been working on it for a bit now anyway. As far as this you saying you were gonna keep updating the thread, I <3 U Alor but just shtap. You were not gonna update the thread from a laptop lolz. You be a liar :p

I would have if anyone had of posted anything... regardless, I'd definitely start updating again now.

Hi guys, from the looks of this thread, my progression team isn't that far away (we've been raiding for 2 months now) still working on HM's but this week we made it to the dread council finally so NiM is looking closer. Anyway my question is if this thread is accurate/updated since i'm seeing still some spots open for top 10 in a few bosses