Subscription time loyalty rewards idea

Most veteran/subscriber rewards have been based on having and maintaining a subscription from a certain date to another date in time. Why not give an exclusive reward to those dedicated SWTOR players who have subscribed since day one and maintained their sub the entire time? If the ultimate goal of F2P is to gain subscriptions and money through the Cartel Market,, then rewarding those for their loyalty would certainly send the right message to the player base that subbing and maintaining that sub is the way to go. You could then have future reward systems based on consecutive months of subscription time.

mean other than the title, speeder and other items we got as "founders' when we went f2p? And the continued monthly CC gift as well as the other subscriber perks we get for subbing (early access, pets, titles, etc)?

You want more than those?

There was sub pre- f2p and sub post f2p. They are essentially 2 different phases/games I have been subbing since release, i get my $15 worth every month and feel happy. Perhaps you need to be checked for afluenza, its starting to spread.

Pets and titles are the only thing worth my time and money (sarcasm). Just kidding around, and I agree in many aspects. We do get a lot of freebies. But valued by whom? If I get a useless pet, they wont let me sell it so it can be a value to me.

And there is the issue. What's not valuable to me may be valuable to others. I appreciate the extras as at least an acknowledgement

mean other than the title, speeder and other items we got as "founders' when we went f2p? And the continued monthly CC gift as well as the other subscriber perks we get for subbing (early access, pets, titles, etc)?

You want more than those?

There was sub pre- f2p and sub post f2p. They are essentially 2 different phases/games I have been subbing since release, i get my $15 worth every month and feel happy. Perhaps you need to be checked for afluenza, its starting to spread.

So let me get this straight...

-Since SWTOR went F2p in Nov 2012 and the current subs got a title and a mount

-Since Bioware gives a monthly CC gift to anyone who maintains a sub for more then a month

-Since subs got early access perks and whatnot when the game went live

-Since you pay your $15.00 per month and feel happy

These are the reasons you felt the need to troll my post. When did I state I was unhappy with any of those things? I was making a constructive post about my idea for a different type of reward system that would promote subscriber longevity in the game. We all know this game went F2P because there weren't enough subs, and that one of the goals of F2P is to create more subs. This idea makes perfect sense, and it really has nothing to do with the "what have you done for me lately" mentality that you seem to think I am saying here. That is simply not the case.

Edited by sinnaman
misspelling

I guess that person forgot that the Founder's Title and Medal didn't go to everyone who was there since BETA. You had to have had a subscription within a certain amount of time in order to get it. Back when they did that, I thought that I had gotten my subscription within the deadline they had given for it - but still, I never got the Founder's Title and Medal. I even wrote their help desk to find out why, and they told me that I still didn't get my subscription in time.

As a long-term subscriber since (early 2012) then, yeah, I'd like to see a new kind of loyalty reward be given to those who are able to not let their subscriptions lapse. After all, they have special rewards to those who re-subscribe, in the event that their subscriptions do happen to lapse, or run out.

One idea for a long-term subscription loyalty reward could be a higher monthly amount of Cartel Coins, or special CM item bundles (of items that subscriber has been looking for, but couldn't buy on the GTN).

This reminds me of the system that PlanetSide 2 has. They have a rewards system based on continuous subbing. For example, there is a monthly reward for subbing for 1 month, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 months. If you have subbed for 3 months, that month you get the 1 month, 2 and 3 month rewards. If you drop sub for one month and then come back, you start back at only getting the one month sub reward and have to work your way back up. Most of the rewards are tiny, like XP % gains if I recall correctly, but it encourages continuous subbing.

Most of the rewards outside of the cartel coins that Swtor has done as simply been "be a sub at this date and get x", which is not very creative and it is possible in the current system to not really ever sub, but randomly sub just for the rewards since they are not based on continual subscription status.

As a long-term subscriber since (early 2012) then, yeah, I'd like to see a new kind of loyalty reward be given to those who are able to not let their subscriptions lapse. After all, they have special rewards to those who re-subscribe, in the event that their subscriptions do happen to lapse, or run out.

I agree with the general sentiment, however, sub renewal can run into problems that are beyond our control. For example, despite having been a subscriber since day one, I was unable to renew right away on two occasions. In both cases, my bank was unable to receive or forward any transactions for several days due to a moratorium imposed by the government.

For this reason, I'd recommend giving out rewards based on the total number of days subscribed, not the longest continuous subscription time. I wouldn't want them to screw over year-long subscribers just because their banks are having some sort of trouble on the day their sub's running out.

A loyalty program? Yes, an extra reward for being a sub over a year(half a year) straight makes sense. Maybe just an account-wide title(not a legacy title, but a title we could use on all servers), maybe a token mount, maybe a one-time CC gift and a title. Just a little something to make long-term subscribers feel appreciated. Appreciation goes a long way.

Most veteran/subscriber rewards have been based on having and maintaining a subscription from a certain date to another date in time. Why not give an exclusive reward to those dedicated SWTOR players who have subscribed since day one and maintained their sub the entire time? If the ultimate goal of F2P is to gain subscriptions and money through the Cartel Market,, then rewarding those for their loyalty would certainly send the right message to the player base that subbing and maintaining that sub is the way to go. You could then have future reward systems based on consecutive months of subscription time.

i like this idea. all i get is the occasional mount or pet that is bound (unsellable). pets are useless and dumb, they're just little things that follow you around for no reason. mounts have a use but i already have my choice mounts. i don't like the lucky-77 swoop but i can't sell it.

i would like something very simple if they were to give additional benefits.

maybe an increase of CC from the 500 you get monthly. it might increase by 25 CC every time after the first 2 months up to 1000 CC total. $15.00 a month leaves little room for buying cartel coins, now i can only afford a monthly $20.00 as opposed to the $40.00 i was buying before i was subbed.

another idea is to reduce the cost of the standard $15.00 a month by 25 cents every month after the first 2 months down to $10.00. that way poorer people or people on a tight budget can afford more CC or feel more inclined to sub.

I guess that person forgot that the Founder's Title and Medal didn't go to everyone who was there since BETA. You had to have had a subscription within a certain amount of time in order to get it. Back when they did that, I thought that I had gotten my subscription within the deadline they had given for it - but still, I never got the Founder's Title and Medal. I even wrote their help desk to find out why, and they told me that I still didn't get my subscription in time.

One idea for a long-term subscription loyalty reward could be a higher monthly amount of Cartel Coins, or special CM item bundles (of items that subscriber has been looking for, but couldn't buy on the GTN).

not everyone was subbed during that time, most subs are not founders.

• 1 year later...
i like this idea. all i get is the occasional mount or pet that is bound (unsellable). pets are useless and dumb, they're just little things that follow you around for no reason. mounts have a use but i already have my choice mounts. i don't like the lucky-77 swoop but i can't sell it.

i would like something very simple if they were to give additional benefits.

maybe an increase of CC from the 500 you get monthly. it might increase by 25 CC every time after the first 2 months up to 1000 CC total. $15.00 a month leaves little room for buying cartel coins, now i can only afford a monthly $20.00 as opposed to the $40.00 i was buying before i was subbed.

another idea is to reduce the cost of the standard $15.00 a month by 25 cents every month after the first 2 months down to $10.00. that way poorer people or people on a tight budget can afford more CC or feel more inclined to sub.

/signed

Lots of games have done time based loyalty rewards. Usually going by 100 day increments. I would be totally fine with a system like that. Rewarding your most loyal players is good business sense.

they have given us plenty of free stuff, and give subs 500 free coins to begin with. IF they didn't have free coins given out like candy every month maybe but then what would people say when they took THAT away.

If you don't think a full subscription is worth it, try pref for a few weeks and see what the difference is.

they have given us plenty of free stuff, and give subs 500 free coins to begin with. IF they didn't have free coins given out like candy every month maybe but then what would people say when they took THAT away.

If you don't think a full subscription is worth it, try pref for a few weeks and see what the difference is.

I never said anywhere that I didnt think the sub was worth it or that I am upset in anyway.

I was just agreeing with the suggestion that loyalty rewards are good idea. It encourages people to subscribe longer. Star Trek Online gives out free stipend each month to subscribers AND has what they call a Veteran Rewards program. BioWare would not remove the 500 coins just because they add some loyalty system. 1000 days is someone subscribing for roughly 33 months total. That is about $500 someone would have to have spent subscribing to get to that level.

Getting some free pets, mounts, outfit slots ect, would just be a nice way to say thank you to longtime subscribers.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Veteran_Rewards