Who designed Huttball

Projawa

Huttball was either loved or hated at release.

I'm surprised that we still can't choose which PvP matches we queue for, since so many people are so split on the maps.

I would kill for the chance to NEVER play arenas again. I would prefer more of a traditional TDM.

queue times

Random queue could still give extra rewards as a daily, then people could pick what they want to do and do randoms for daily, queues overall wouldn't be affected that much.

In theory, anyways. I assume queues would be better if more people were enjoying their time playing

Plus, it's the one and only WZ map where you don't have to spend the entire game worrying that the one guarding the node/turret/pylon might be an idiot.

the only WZ were u don't have to ask your self if anyone can read english or is plain ignorant s, when calling inc's when guarding a node

queue times

And if this option was implemented from the start (among other things), then the population wouldn't have dropped so much and made these queue times so long, would they?

Just letting you know that it's likely you have it backwards.

And if this option was implemented from the start (among other things), then the population wouldn't have dropped so much and made these queue times so long, would they?

Just letting you know that it's likely you have it backwards.

but here is the thing, you can't change the past so his point is still valid :p

now, who's with me?!!

Edited by Sangrar

Let's just be clear that when we say Huttball we're refering to The Pit and not the garbage that is Quesh. The layout on Quesh is bad but the bugs and (still) poor acid mechanics make it unplayable.

I feel the same the Pit has a great layout and is my fav wz map. Queshball(yes this sht map does not deserve the name Huttball only the original deserves this distinction) The only thing i`m hating is that since queshball launch I get to play even less Huttball:(

If my memory is correct Daniel Erickson.

He's been gone from BW a while.

Sad indeed

Edited by iDraxter

Wasn't Daniel Erickson lead writer? Not to say he couldn't have PVP side duties but I think it's more likely that a PVP or combat designer built Huttball.

Yeah he was. I saw it in a posted interview or something like that. I wouldn't have expected that his role would do that but don't know enough about game designing, BW, and role duties to guess one way or the other.

Edited by Joesixxpack