Rotation for carnage

Hi guys I want to ask something about carnage. It is possible to make a loop rotation where you begin and start all over again then or not.

NO

SUCH

THING

AS

"rotation" in any build, especially Combat/Carnage. It just ain't possible. That kind of thing should never be possible. There are a few things designed into the game that make it impossible:

*limited resources (keep spamming the same thing over and over again and you should run out of resources)

*defensive cooldowns that should get priority over attacks when the situation merits it

*range limitations/requisites (case in point, Force Leap for JKs/SWs)

*CC

*RNG attacks.

Not all builds are as strict as Combat/Carnage, but most have SOME RNG in them to keep play somewhat dynamic.

Edited by Sappharan

Lethality Snipers--and I would assume their GS counterparts--are the only spec that I know of where the rotation is looped over and over again with no resource issues. Carnage is still not that difficult to play though. Practice the opener, rage management, and Massacre priority dynamics by getting on the dummy until it's all second nature.

Lethality Snipers--and I would assume their GS counterparts--are the only spec that I know of where the rotation is looped over and over again with no resource issues. Carnage is still not that difficult to play though. Practice the opener, rage management, and Massacre priority dynamics by getting on the dummy until it's all second nature.

Sharpshooter Slinger/Marksman Sniper. Their rotation is a 45sec loop.

TK Sage/Lightning Sorc. They have no energy management trouble, you just have to follow your procs.

Beside DF Slinger/Lethality Sniper, those are the two classes I can think of who have a set-in-stone rotation.

• 4 weeks later...
Merc Arsenal is 100% a static rotation as well. It's simple, involves about 6 buttons and does a ton of damage. But it's brainless and quite boring.

I'm guessing that is the same as Gunnery Commando. It isn't a rotation, exactly, but is pretty much 5 or 6 buttons used over and over where the rotation involves waiting for a proc and for cooldowns to expire.

More like a Priority system than a Rotation though.

NO

SUCH

THING

AS

"rotation" in any build, especially Combat/Carnage. It just ain't possible. That kind of thing should never be possible. There are a few things designed into the game that make it impossible:

*limited resources (keep spamming the same thing over and over again and you should run out of resources)

*defensive cooldowns that should get priority over attacks when the situation merits it

*range limitations/requisites (case in point, Force Leap for JKs/SWs)

*CC

*RNG attacks.

Not all builds are as strict as Combat/Carnage, but most have SOME RNG in them to keep play somewhat dynamic.

This guy, is all sorts of wrong.. RNG attacks only exist in carnage build, and operative lethality build. Bioware has been making it a point to remove RNG from specs. That being said most classes have a set rotation, some of the rotations are set by what procs what.

for example tactics and advanced prototype have a rotation entirely guided by procs built within the tree. Gut(procs more damage to fire attacks) > immolate (makes rocket punch free) > Rocket Punch (force crit on railshot) > railshot > Flame burst > Flame Burst > Flame Thrower (3 stacks of dmg increase from immolate and flame thrower x2).

most classes have set rotations, but you have to insert "fillers" into certain specs so you dont kill yourself on resource management. The only problem with carmage is that its still set to some sort of wonky RNG like lethality operative, which blows trust me, im an operative :(

Edited by ekolan

This guy, is all sorts of wrong.. RNG attacks only exist in carnage build, and operative lethality build. Bioware has been making it a point to remove RNG from specs. That being said most classes have a set rotation, some of the rotations are set by what procs what.

for example tactics and advanced prototype have a rotation entirely guided by procs built within the tree. Gut(procs more damage to fire attacks) > immolate (makes rocket punch free) > Rocket Punch (force crit on railshot) > railshot > Flame burst > Flame Burst > Flame Thrower (3 stacks of dmg increase from immolate and flame thrower x2).

most classes have set rotations, but you have to insert "fillers" into certain specs so you dont kill yourself on resource management. The only problem with carmage is that its still set to some sort of wonky RNG like lethality operative, which blows trust me, im an operative :(

Annihilation also has RNG

Merc Pyro/Commando Assault have RNG

Sin Deception/Shadow Infiltration have RNG

Even a build like Marksman Sniper that doesn't have RNG still has a priority system and not a 100% set rotation.

Lethality does not have RNG issues, it has a priority rotation system with necessary fillers for energy management, and even when played somewhat badly produces good numbers for the good or bad depending on how you want to look at it. You get refreshes on your TAs at a set time as you work through the priority system, that is not RNG. The only thing that is RNG based is your crit bonuses procing, and that doesn't decide what attack you use--or are able to use--next in your rotation. Annihilation, where you have a 75% chance to reproc Rupture off of Annihilate is RNG, and the difference in parses is not fully skill based; Carnage is even worse, praying for Gore procs off of Massacre.

Edited by Prototypemind

Annihilation also has RNG

Merc Pyro/Commando Assault have RNG

Sin Deception/Shadow Infiltration have RNG

Even a build like Marksman Sniper that doesn't have RNG still has a priority system and not a 100% set rotation.

Lethality does not have RNG issues, it has a priority rotation system with necessary fillers for energy management, and even when played somewhat badly produces good numbers for the good or bad depending on how you want to look at it. You get refreshes on your TAs at a set time as you work through the priority system, that is not RNG. The only thing that is RNG based is your crit bonuses procing, and that doesn't decide what attack you use--or are able to use--next in your rotation. Annihilation, where you have a 75% chance to reproc Rupture off of Annihilate is RNG, and the difference in parses is not fully skill based; Carnage is even worse, praying for Gore procs off of Massacre.

I tend not to consider Pyro and Annihilation as RNG. Reason being is they have 2 ways to push a Proc whereas Carnage and Lethality do not(i'll explain Lethality RNG in a second). Deception have a 30% proc chance but its on all direct damage attacks, it also has an on demand 100% proc rate from low slash or spike. So if a deception sin really wants the proc right away he can have it. I've literally never had a problem getting a rupture proc, or the Railshot proc from mercenary. Not in a way that getting a gore proc from massacre is at least.

As far as a Marks sniper is concerned, thats pretty much correct. All though i've seen some people manage all the abilities properly and it flow smoothly as a set rotation.

And your statement about Lethality makes me wonder if you've ever played the class. We have 4 ways to Generate TA's within combat:

1. Hidden Strike
  2. Shiv
  3. Stim Boost
  4. Achieving a killing blow

With that being said, once you're in a pro-longed fight the only TA you will ever generate is from Shiv. The RNG from the spec, is Shiv granting an extra Cull. While the spec is decent, It gets frustrating not getting that proc, and will force you to wait until the next shiv hoping you get it. I've been in fights and used shiv up to 3 times before seeing a proc. At least with gore, all you have to do is have the rage to spam massacre to get the proc. Shiv is set on a CD, so its a waiting game until next use.