Request For BRAND NEW content.

RiVaN_

OP is wanting new Operations and I agree. New planet coming later this year, ok, that's good. New tactical flashpoints out and continuing, definately not everyone's idea of fun. Some people like myself like raiding. New operations, bosses, mechanics, fun with friends, but don't consider the same things over and over again with 1 or 2 new boss mechanics new content.

That's all well and good, but this isn't like Blizzard where we can expect a new raid every 6 months. It feels like we get 1-2 new features every big major patch. It would be nice if they could match Blizzard's release style but I don't think the dev team is as huge or well funded as Blizzard's team that we have to be realistic and take what we can get.

That's how I've always approached it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good, but this isn't like Blizzard where we can expect a new raid every 6 months. It feels like we get 1-2 new features every big major patch. It would be nice if they could match Blizzard's release style but I don't think the dev team is as huge or well funded as Blizzard's team that we have to be realistic and take what we can get.

Actually, aside from 2014, and even counting DP/DF as a single operation, Bioware typically releases 2 operations per year, or one operation every six months.

I think its an appropriate rotation. Though this thread's topic is whether we'll get new operations at all(which seems a bit silly to me).

Stop trying to be reasonable. :t_tongue: Everybody wants their thing with no consideration for others, or even reality in general.

If you've been here a while, you know what to expect, content-wise. It's been pretty steady since Makeb. Crying about things may get you new features eventually, but it will not make it happen any faster.

Stop trying to be reasonable. :t_tongue: Everybody wants their thing with no consideration for others, or even reality in general.

If you've been here a while, you know what to expect, content-wise. It's been pretty steady since Makeb. Crying about things may get you new features eventually, but it will not make it happen any faster.

Exactly, that's why I'm realistic about it. I'd be all for more faster content release but I'm not expecting anything other than the current pace.

Exactly, that's why I'm realistic about it. I'd be all for more faster content release but I'm not expecting anything other than the current pace.

In the past, Bioware has demonstrated they can deliver 2(technically 3) operations per year, in two consecutive years.

The most likely reason they haven't this year(or don't appear to be planning to do so, which I could be wrong about), is because of the possibility of needing to retool an operation shortly after releasing it.

I recruit my butt off to try to get and keep people in my guild, we aren't a huge guild; 390 members (85 qualifying accounts) and roughly 10-20+ players on most of the time. I am trying to come up with ideas and events that will keep our members interested and playing until we get new stuff so that we have a strong player base built up for when we do get a new Op and brand new content. The Dev's are making this really difficult for me though because they haven't even mentioned when we can expect a new Op or brand new, all new, PvE content.

Instead of arguing over who is better and if the server/game is dying we should unite our collective "@!tch!ng" abilities and get the Dev's to understand that the players want more, brand new, content.

Credit to you for presenting your case without resorting to machine gun suppressive fire targeted at other forum members. Tha saves all of us a lot of needless drama and wasted energy. :)

As to the topic at hand.. I learned years ago playing MMOs that it's on me to overcome the inevitable challenge of "stale or old" content inside the MMO. Why? Because no MMO company can ever create and release enough content to please everyone. So... I resolved this for myself by simply playing multiple MMOs. Once I reached that realization.... I never got bored with content nor felt a lack of content again.

As to trying to keep a guild full of players happy, stable, playing, and having fun. IMO, this is not achievable in any real way. Players come and go in MMOs.. and even guild hop to get their desired perks and priority of play, etc.

They are adding new content.. and a lot of it is much requested and long requested content. And they deserve credit for being more transparent about their future content plans (up to a point of what they can say is stable and planned to release). But it's not necessarily content for everyone.....because many MMO players only play a small portion of total content offered. That is the nature of "broad appeal" MMOs. One players much coveted content is another players "waste of dev resources", etc. etc.

Edited by Andryah

Do you mean new PvE content like... The Tython/Korriban storyline and flash points maybe?

Or are you specifically looking for operations?

Mostly because it doesn't have the adjective, "class" in front of the noun, "story". Or some equally "compelling" reason. :rolleyes: We get it. People who place artificial limitations on their enjoyment of the game will never be happy with the game.

I could honestly care less about class missions or storylines, but they are fun and take a decent amount of time to complete.

All I want is something that is time consuming something that takes a while to complete or to get to the end of. Ops are a perfect example, but not the begin all end all.

The new flashpoints are really fun, but that fun wears out after running Kuat Drive Yards and the Forged Alliances FP's about 3 dozen times. Revisiting old stuff is a blast and "Retro Nights" are starting to pick up steam to run old FP's and Ops.

I wouldn't say that I am placing artificial limitations on my enjoyment of the game, Please read the original post where I mention creating guild events and challenges. Even mentioning that I may try to solo Denova. I'm pretty creative with guild events and with ways to spend my time playing this game and I always find a way to enjoy the time I am putting into it.

I'm looking for new content not only to help me enjoy the game more, but to keep my guild members enjoying the game and to keep the game alive and kicking until the next big Op and progression challenge comes along.

I'm honestly not doing much complaining here, a little yes, but mostly trying to get the Dev's to give us some kind of realistic time line. Everyone likes to be surprised and game Dev's like to "surprise" people.

At the same time the next big thing isn't until August (2.8 is just DP being re tooled to NiM and the "gambling event" at this point) and if they surprise us with a new Op then that would be AWESOME, but at that point the Dread Ops will be 10 months old and the Flash Points that followed aren't much substance. It gets really hard to keep a guild of good, experienced players together and maintain a strong player base in your guild when Major content is nearly a year apart in release. I can only imagine how the overall player base of the game must be adjusting at this point.

Settle down with the personal attacks, they are not needed.

Agreed wholeheartedly, Rational discussing can do without personal attacks.

Believe it or not I'm not focusing just on how my enjoyment of the game has been impacted. I still enjoy it quite a bit and have 2 more storylines yet to see even though I have been playing the game since just after launch.

I'm thinking of the longevity of the game and the continued enjoyment for not just myself but for all of us who like this game.

In the past, Bioware has demonstrated they can deliver 2(technically 3) operations per year, in two consecutive years.

The most likely reason they haven't this year(or don't appear to be planning to do so, which I could be wrong about), is because of the possibility of needing to retool an operation shortly after releasing it.

I'm thinking with the Makeb Like expansion coming at the end of this year is why we haven't seen anything major OPS wise. It could be they are planning on not only adding a new operation or 2 for the expansion but also raising the old OPS to the new max level.

Actually, aside from 2014, and even counting DP/DF as a single operation, Bioware typically releases 2 operations per year, or one operation every six months.

Actually, until 2014 it was every 4 1/2 months. If you treat DF/DP as a single operation, and don't count EV (released at launch), you have:

KP, EC, TfB, SnV, DF/DP released over a 22-month period.

Personally, I found this release schedule perfect. It's a shame they weren't able to to maintain it.

Edited by Khevar

I'm thinking with the Makeb Like expansion coming at the end of this year is why we haven't seen anything major OPS wise. It could be they are planning on not only adding a new operation or 2 for the expansion but also raising the old OPS to the new max level.

It is entirely possible that you are correct in this assumption.

Actually, until 2014 it was every 4 months. If you treat DF/DP as a single operation, and don't count EV (released at launch), you have:

KP, EC, TfB, SnV, DF/DP released over a 21-month period.

Personally, I found this release schedule perfect. It's a shame they weren't able to to maintain it.

True... but I think to be fair... as players we need to embrace the fact that they are expanding content in other areas besides just OPs. And MMO dev resources are not infinite....not even for Blizzard. Personally, I support the diversity of content they have been demonstrating in the last 9 months...even though some of it I won't play.

Edited by Andryah

Actually, until 2014 it was every 4 months. If you treat DF/DP as a single operation, and don't count EV (released at launch), you have:

KP, EC, TfB, SnV, DF/DP released over a 21-month period.

I discounted KP because it was a "partial" release since we had the 1st boss available previously and considered DF/DP as one.

But fair point, Bioware had previously a fairly good record for delivering operations. Hopefully one which they continue once they get their whole wait for an expansion/don't wait for an expansion conundrum sorted out.

Argue against the OP all ya like - but he's right. I love how it's always the same 5 people explaining why every new poster who requests new content is wrong.

to be fair, some of them were not saying he was wrong, but that it was already on the way which is technically true, the downside is with so much effort diverted to the two new expansions its going to be a while...

I discounted KP because it was a "partial" release since we had the 1st boss available previously and considered DF/DP as one.

But fair point, Bioware had previously a fairly good record for delivering operations. Hopefully one which they continue once they get their whole wait for an expansion/don't wait for an expansion conundrum sorted out.

I think as we get closer to strongholds we will know more.

I could honestly care less about class missions or storylines, but they are fun and take a decent amount of time to complete....

Cool. I get it.

The game has quite a wide breadth of things to do. I do some and don't do others, but there's a lot. Just looking at my guild's calendar for some ideas:

• Operations
  • Flash Point Night
  • RP Night
  • GSF Night
  • Fund Run Night (saving up for a flagship - spins through daily areas)
  • Static leveling groups
  • Toborro's Night (yay easy Ultimate commendations)
  • Datacron gathering - 1 or 2 planets per week eats an hour or two a week
  • PvP dailies, weekly
  • Chasing vehicle quests (the ops & world bosses missions for vehicles)
  • BW sponsored events like Bounty Week, Gree, etc., as they pop up
  • All of that x2 because we have a guild on each side and the other side's content can sometimes be different

There's so much stuff on our calendar that there's no way I or anyone else can do it all in any given week. There's so much that some of it has to overlap or it won't all fit inside a week (scheduled for prime-time).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah, more operations or flash point or PvP or whatever content you love would be great. And it's coming. But while it's being developed, have you looked at all the other things the game has to offer?

Edited by DarthTHC

The theme of this thread is the request for more REAL PvE content.

Re-tooling 2 Ops that have been around for a long time into NiM mode doesn't count as new content, it's the same stale Op with new mechanics. Honestly as a progression raider Progressing NiM Fortress and Palace makes me feel cheated.

Sure there is a challenge there, but after playing DF (and downing the first 3 bosses on our first HM attempt) since the day they went live, I'm a little sick of the Dread Ops at this point.

Could someone explain this bit for a noob/newb with explaining what NiM and DF is? Also, where does one gain experience for Ops, as every time I see recruitment advertisements they normally specify 'experienced players only'. I have a list of things I need to do after the story is complete, and it includes a bunch of Ops. Things. Thank you!

Edited by DomiSotto

Could someone explain this bit for a noob/newb with explaining what NiM and DF is? Also, where does one gain experience for Ops, as every time I see recruitment advertisements they normally specify 'experienced players only'. I have a list of things I need to do after the story is complete, and it includes a bunch of Ops. Things. Thank you!

NiM = Nightmare Mode, a difficulty mode for operations. Hard mode on the most recent ops is hard for good players. NiM is worse.

DF = Dread Fortress, an operation associated with Oricon and the Dread Masters, the first of two such operations. If you can handle yourself well in a hard mode level 55 flash point, you can probably do fine in a story mode Dread Fortress or Dread Palace ("DP") operation.

Could someone explain this bit for a noob/newb with explaining what NiM and DF is? Also, where does one gain experience for Ops, as every time I see recruitment advertisements they normally specify 'experienced players only'. Thank you!

NiM simply stands for Nightmare Mode, which is the hardest level of difficulty for Operations (Story Mode, Hard Mode, Nightmare Mode).

DF is the abbreviation for the Dread Fortress Operation. (Also, DP, in this game at least heh, is the abbreviation for Dread Palace. Although, I still get a juvenile chuckle seeing the 'Looking for More for DP HM' in chat.)

As for being experienced, well, unfortunately that's kind of a catch-22. I believe the quote goes 'Experience is what you have right after you need it' or something to that effect. When you see that in chat, it simply means 'know the operation/mechanics already' and/or 'be properly geared'.

Usually the only way to gain experience in operations for a brand new player, is to join a guild. Some will actually take the time to train players to be operations-ready, and then bring them along in operations groups.

LFGs almost always expect you to know how to execute everything(though more often than not, these runs include a bunch of people who don't actually know what they need to do).

Actually, until 2014 it was every 4 1/2 months. If you treat DF/DP as a single operation, and don't count EV (released at launch), you have:

KP, EC, TfB, SnV, DF/DP released over a 22-month period.

That is what I noticed as well. In the defence of the Dev's they did spend a long time on Makeb, Oricon, S&V and the Dread Ops. Then they followed up with trying to appease the ever fickle PvP crowded and maybe that bit them in the butt. I Like PvP, but lets face it keeping pvpers happy is hard when you make it hard and easy when you make it easy. SWTOR made pvp a Pain in the butt to maintain and they really should take some of the hard earned $ from the $138 million dollars earned last year and dedicate a Dev team to PvP and another to PvE for a time until they get the 2 to a point where it is a bit easier to keep both player bases happy with out leaving one or the other hanging.

Anyway, 5 Ops and a TON of additional, original playable content in under 2 years is an amazing pace, really. Maybe they got our expectations really high and now that they are adjusting to a more sustainable pace we are getting restless.

At the same time 2014 has been slightly underwhelming so far and the road map, as it stands, doesn't do anything to change this. Again 2.8, judging by what is on PTS, is going to be fun for a short time and we haven't gotten a lot of info on 2.9. When is 3.0 going to be released and is that our Makeb sized update or not?

Yes we know new content is comming, yes we know we are supposed to be excited and for the most part we are. The last real teasers about new content were posted April 7th and April 23rd I don't know about you all but I sure could use an update to this information...

Again I love this game and most of the player base is good people, but It seems that my post has elicited some awkward reactions. Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone, I'm just trying to get some answers to questions that I'm sure many of us have.

Edited by RiVaN_

Your best bet is to get into a guild that is willing to teach newer players. Most PUGs are less-than-willing to help new players learn the ropes.

The biggest problem with this game, and I said it before it released, is that the quality content would never last. It's too hard and expensive to develop and maintain 8 different classes each with a bunch of different companions. That's a lot of conversation. That was never going to last. Obviously it didn't. Now they're just making generic MMO content that fits all classes. That's not going to change. I'd be surprised if we saw any more individual class story quests, or companion quests.

And EA in charge, with their quantity over quality policies, certainly doesn't help that either.

The biggest way I can see to create content is to make all the content scalable, like Guild Wars 2. That way no matter what level you are, you can go where ever you want and progress. I know that doesn't help a lot since it wouldn't be new content, but at least it wouldn't make the old content forgotten.

That is what I noticed as well. In the defence of the Dev's they did spend a long time on Makeb, Oricon, S&V and the Dread Ops. Then they followed up with trying to appease the ever fickle PvP crowded and maybe that bit them in the butt. I Like PvP, but lets face it keeping pvpers happy is hard when you make it hard and easy when you make it easy. SWTOR made pvp a Pain in the butt to maintain and they really should take some of the hard earned $ from the $138 million dollars earned last year and dedicate a Dev team to PvP and another to PvE for a time until they get the 2 2 a point where it is a bit easier to keep both player bases happy with out leaving one or the other hanging.

Anyway, 5 Ops and a TON of additional, original playable content in under 2 years is an amazing pace, really. Maybe they got our expectations really high and now that they are adjusting to a more sustainable pace we are getting restless.

At the same time 2014 has been slightly underwhelming so far and the road map, as it stands, doesn't do anything to change this. Again 2.8, judging by what is on PTS, isn't going to be fun for a short time and we haven't gotten a lot of info on 2.9. When is 3.0 going to be released and is that our Makeb sized update or not?

Yes we know new content is comming, yes we know we are supposed to be excited and for the most part we are. The last real teasers about new content were posted April 7th and April 23rd I don't know about you all but I sure could use an update to this information...

Again I love this game and most of the player base is good people, but It seems that my post has elicited some awkward reactions. Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone, I'm just trying to get some answers to questions that I'm sure many of us have.

I don't think it was addressing PvP that would've affected operations releases.

Given that they're releasing "tactical" flashpoints with HMs most likely to come with the fall/winter expansion, the foremost reason we're not seeing new operations is because they don't want to retool it shortly after making it, like they did with TFB(because this is like creating two new difficulty modes).

If any content pushed back operations, it would have to be the alternative forms of content that we've received and expect to be receiving, namely GSF, GSH, and guild flagships.

I doubt one new warzone significantly affected their plans for PvE operations.

The theme of this thread is the request for more REAL PvE content.

Re-tooling 2 Ops that have been around for a long time into NiM mode doesn't count as new content, it's the same stale Op with new mechanics. Honestly as a progression raider Progressing NiM Fortress and Palace makes me feel cheated.

Sure there is a challenge there, but after playing DF (and downing the first 3 bosses on our first HM attempt) since the day they went live, I'm a little sick of the Dread Ops at this point. Maybe it's ADD mixed with the onset of old age that is getting to me, but I really can't stand to run the Dread Ops for much longer. I would rather see if I can solo Denova before getting into NiM Palace at this point. I would rather the Dev team have worked on a new Op and released it in SM and HM instead. Give me brand new, all new content, not a "sword" measuring competition.

Well, they can't cater to every single person with every single update. Things tend to get spread around in updates. I'm sure we would all like an update every month that has new stuff for every type of player in the game but that's not realistic. So, basically, you want new non-NiM Ops so you can be less bored while you repeatedly farm Ops? They should get right on that for you.