Devs, would you suggest pvp'ers all move to the same faction to increase pops?

Dawginole

WZ's are dying again and I am on one of the most heavily populated wz servers there is. One problem seems to be the faction ratio. Most servers are 2:1 or 3:1 one faction to the other. What happens as you devs know is that the highly populated faction ends up playing same faction vs same faction since more are queued on that side then on the other faction. However, this then slows the queue of the light faction side while they wait for these same factions matches to finish. This especially gets very bad late at night where you can see it plainly by going from one side with rapid same faction vs same faction pops and then going to the other faction and seeing long queue times into the over 30min-1hr mark.

Since you don't plan to implement cross server queuing since apparently the game doesn't need it, you don't have the tech or resources or whatever, then should we all just pick one particular faction on our servers to pvp on and just do all same faction vs same faction pvp? Would this solve much of the long queue problems?

I'm on pot5 too and have 1 55 pub yet I don't think I've ever waited longer that 5 min for reg to pop...

In fact just longing in with my sage hit queue solo and popped in less than 1 min.

even solo rank pops quite regularly for there being quite a bit less players.

And deff some good pub players despite less numbers.

I do not know the reason behind this, but lack of cross-server pvp simply killing pvp. On a heavy loaded servers it is not be a big issue, but SWTOR almost never has heavy loaded servers nowaday. Some are light most of the time. Sometimes it takes hours waiting for a single pop.

Anyway, if SWTOR playerbase will shrink so fast, we all will be on the same global server soon, so spending time for cross-server is not wise money spending.

Two main reasons - sure, some players are leaving because they are fed up but the main reason is that many are switching to preferred and with that comes a cap on PvP. Yes some can pay for weekly passes but probably some don't.

Bioware said they would remove this cap months ago but never have. But after that infamous Q&A is it any wonder people spend less time because the time investment just isn't worth it.

They said the same about Guild Ships and Legacy Storage and look what's happening.. :rolleyes:

Yeah well legacy storage is something that is tied into the CM and I guarantee so will guild ships in one way or another.

Both, along with the new player housing will generate money while cross servers will not increase their revenue, at least no where near as much as guild ships or player housing.

Yeah well legacy storage is something that is tied into the CM and I guarantee so will guild ships in one way or another.

Both, along with the new player housing will generate money while cross servers will not increase their revenue, at least no where near as much as guild ships or player housing.

They can sell cross server passes. $5 a week. lol

They can sell cross server passes. $5 a week. lol

You nailed it :D

Bioware said they would remove this cap months ago but never have. But after that infamous Q&A is it any wonder people spend less time because the time investment just isn't worth it.

Yeah, promises means No.

They said the same about Guild Ships and Legacy Storage and look what's happening.. :rolleyes:

This means no problems to be implemented, but X-server means working deeply into architecture, which was badly designed from start. Not happening, especially now.

I'd rather wait 5 more minutes then have another game ruined by x-server/faction queue crud.

How would it ruin it? While cross server is only a band-aid fix it does open the door to other possibilities like drastically improved matchmaking.

well the galactic strongholds page shows CREDIT VALUES for the housing and rooms, while some stuff probably will go on the cm, its also likely that a lot of stuff will be purchasable through credits too like we got now with say regular storage.

well the galactic strongholds page shows CREDIT VALUES for the housing and rooms, while some stuff probably will go on the cm, its also likely that a lot of stuff will be purchasable through credits too like we got now with say regular storage.

Bad things have happened when the words of the devs were taken in the past. The new expansions are going to gouge the playerbase and focus on the CM. That's the whole focus of TOR now. Coin Wars: The Cartel Republic.

Bad things have happened when the words of the devs were taken in the past. The new expansions are going to gouge the playerbase and focus on the CM. That's the whole focus of TOR now. Coin Wars: The Cartel Republic.

I will only listen to you IF that actually happens, right now we are scarce on details (actually a new video came up which brought up some good stuff) but there is no actual proof that it will focus ob the cm and "gouge the playerbase" (because you know, its not like people have free will to not buy stuff from the cm oh noes :rolleyes:). You are getting really repetitive with your arguements you know that :rak_02:

Sorry bro. It is just your server that is dying, probably due to release of Wildstar.

http://www.torstatus.net/

POT5 is third from bottom in server activity.

Doesn't look like the highest pop server is much higher TBH.

EDIT: Or at least if you take away the top 2. Apparently this really is a role playing game.

Edited by TechTheHic

Friday night prime time. Log on to Jugg on P5. Pop. Pop. Pop. Finish daily, go to Rep side and stand there for 20min no pop.

Either your que was broke and you needed to reque or relog, or you're enjoying trolling by over-exaggerating. I've never had to wait that long on prime time, ever, on pub or imp.

Doesn't look like the highest pop server is much higher TBH.

EDIT: Or at least if you take away the top 2. Apparently this really is a role playing game.

RP will always be high because there are only two servers, one east, one west.

But as for the original post on this link, you're right, the difference in population between the #2 server and #10 server is minimal.

So it isn't POt5 that's only dying, especially with ESO and Wildstar out now TOR as a whole is suffering and bleeding more players.

Just wait until the level cap expansion is announced as delayed until "early 2015" and people start to realize that we won't have a new operation for over a year.