Bored!

Malckiah

See but you are making assumptions that it is the players fault and they are the ones in the wrong, even if it's just as innocent as maybe just wanting more to do in game and they already do that other stuff outside of the game.

Always the players fault around here. This game is perfect.

Fact: Boredom is a self-inflicted feeling in human beings.

Now.. if this was the ONLY MMO on the planet... I think saying one is "bored with the MMO" might be a real feeling.... BUT it's not and there are lots of choices in the market AND players are responsible for their own feelings about something.. and boredom is a feeling.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See but you are making assumptions that it is the players fault and they are the ones in the wrong, even if it's just as innocent as maybe just wanting more to do in game and they already do that other stuff outside of the game.

Always the players fault around here. This game is perfect.

nobody has more power or authority over your happiness than YOU.

No person (or entity) is more responsible for your actions YOU.

No person (or entity) is more responsible for your life and how you live it, than YOU.

If you don't like something in your life change it. If you don't enjoy something stop doing it. If you don't get value out of something don't buy it.

If you don't like your job, quit. You don't like your house, move. Don't like this game, stop playing. Don't like the food, stop eating it.

Nothing I or anyone else does can have more impact on your life, than what you choose to do.

Now.. if this was the ONLY MMO on the planet... I think saying one is "bored with the MMO" might be a real feeling.... BUT it's not and there are lots of choices in the market AND players are responsible for their own feelings about something.. and boredom is a feeling.

Yeah... what she said :cool:

I'm sure its a great business model if people at one time said to McDonalds "I'm bored with eating Big Macs" and McDonalds said "Thats a you problem. Go outside and eat a salad or something. Eventually you will want a Big Mac again" And it would be better for that person to go out and eat a salad, probably. But that doesn't do McDonald's any good. Thats why they make stuff like the Quarter Pounder, Mcnuggets and McRibs.

I'm sure its a great business model if people at one time said to McDonalds "I'm bored with eating Big Macs" and McDonalds said "Thats a you problem. Go outside and eat a salad or something. Eventually you will want a Big Mac again" And it would be better for that person to go out and eat a salad, probably. But that doesn't do McDonald's any good. Thats why they make stuff like the Quarter Pounder, Mcnuggets and McRibs.

And like MMOs, all of them are bad for your health if you consume them too often. :D Go outside and exercise that Big Mac off.

Fact: Boredom is a self-inflicted feeling.

Blaming one's feelings on someone or something else is a personal choice to "play victim"... also a self-inflicted feeling (not to be confused with actual real world victimization of one person by another).

I do find the analogy of binging on only Big Macs to be roughly appropriate analogy to players who over-consume some part of an MMO and then complain about it. :p

Edited by Andryah

apples and oranges.

better example is McDonalds makes lots of other things and there exist other restaurants. My friend tells me "i'm bored of eating nothing but big mac's".. I reach over slap him up behind the head and say "then stop eating nothing but big macs and try something else...Duh!"

I keep hitting myself in the head saying "it hurts"

Your analogy, "well try hitting yourself in another part of the head or in the face"

Our analogy.. " well stop hitting yourself!"

apples and oranges.

better example is McDonalds makes lots of other things and there exist other restaurants. My friend tells me "i'm bored of eating nothing but big mac's".. I reach over slap him up behind the head and say "then stop eating nothing but big macs and try something else...Duh!"

I keep hitting myself in the head saying "it hurts"

Your analogy, "well try hitting yourself in another part of the head or in the face"

Our analogy.. " well stop hitting yourself!"

You missed the entire point. Sure, you are responsible for your own choices, but someone who is looking for your business better be all about keeping it to where you don't choose to take your business elsewhere.

Games are meant to cure boredom. Not cause it. If you fail at that, then well; maybe you have an issue with your product.

SMH I stopped just short of saying "i'm going to troll you" yet you guys just have to just jump in. It's just not even funny any more. Its just sad.

Whats sad is today's culture of "give me stuff" and "help me, I don't want to do..."

its called entitlement <yeah I went there, what u going to do about it :rak_03:>

You don't even have to try. All you have to say is maybe you just aren't having as much fun as you did at launch and its "Find something else to do. This game is awesome. Hater."

Or you can say you still like the game, despite it's faults and its "Oh look here comes the DEFENDER BRIGADE. Go back to you office at Bioware FANBOI!!!!!!"

You know, just to show both sides.

Games are meant to cure boredom. Not cause it. If you fail at that, then well; maybe you have an issue with your product.

Again.... because you do not get it...... the feeling of boredom is self-inflicted... as is the cure for it -----> do something, anything, else EXCEPT what currently bores you. :rolleyes:

Blaming anyone or anything for one's own boredom is immature and demonstrates an inability/unwillingness to take charge of one's own life and feelings surrounding that life. It's raised to absurd levels when one realizes that nobody is actually forcing anyone to play a game they are bored of.

Edited by Andryah

Or you can say you still like the game, despite it's faults and its "Oh look here comes the DEFENDER BRIGADE. Go back to you office at Bioware FANBOI!!!!!!"

You know, just to show both sides.

LOL Yeah. All you really have to do is get one side going and it can just take care of itself as the other side will soon be in on it. Just look at the OP. Just a small statement, one side objects, another side (me in this case) comes in and the OP doesn't have to do anything else.

Actually, your analogy would only be accurate if someone went into McDonalds today and looked at the entire menu that is there and said "These are all boring! You should have made something new in this timeframe to keep us happy until the McRib comes back!"

And my reply to that customer would be about the same as it was here.

Actually, your analogy would only be accurate if someone went into McDonalds today and looked at the entire menu that is there and said "These are all boring! You should have made something new in this timeframe to keep us happy until the McRib comes back!"

And my reply to that customer would be about the same as it was here.

But don't you think that McDonalds might want to figure out what else they could have to keep that customer, not bored? You think McDonalds wants that guy to take a breather and eat something elsewhere?

But don't you think that McDonalds might want to figure out what else they could have to keep that customer, not bored? You think McDonalds wants that guy to take a breather and eat something elsewhere?

You assume the person running the register at McDs cares.

Oh, I am sure they don't. I'm sure they have the mentality of people here. That's what I am getting at. The business cares whether the peons do or not.

Actually the business will treat you the same as the person at the register, they'll just do it more politely, most of the time.

You assume the person running the register at McDs cares.

more like this:

server: "Well have you tried our nuggets"

customer "yes, bored"

server: "quarter pounder?

customer "yes, bored"

server: "Cheeseburger, mc.chicken, salads, wraps"

customer "yes, yes, yes, yes...all bored"

server. "tried eating your shoe?"

customer "yes"

server "well then I guess I can't help you"

customer "slams down tray screaming and yelling...and waddles out in a huff"

more like this:

customer "yes, bored"

customer "yes, bored"

customer "yes"

That probably is more accurate.

more like this:

customer "yes, bored"

customer "yes, bored"

customer "yes"

At least at McDonalds, when you say the server went down, its a lot more fun and inappropriate than it is here.

Have you leveled up every kind of class? I'm finding an incredible amount of fun doing this right now and I'm finding the level up worlds to be packed with people. People who are enjoying the game in ways I forgot about with my stale 55's in 180 gear.

A week ago I was doing the brutilizer grind on my 55's and sitting around fleet doing nothing. Every time I can break away from FLEET I realize how much there is to this game and how I wouldn't miss Pub/Imp HQ if it were blown to bits in some future expansion giving people instead more specialized channels to communicate with while being anywhere in the game. Yes I'm aware of the ability to create channels but if there were a couple more defined channels like Operations or GSF and every planet had PVP/PVE terminals then we would get a change of scenery every once in awhile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.