Thanks Bioware Not Resub but feel SWTOR was Great Value for My money &Trooper review

_NovaBlast_

Greeting all,

I just complete the trooper storyline & Elara Dorne Romance I started it on May 1 and reached and finished corelia today Friday may 16. As with my Jedi I did this solo no grouping at all no heroics (other than the 2+ that i could solo myself) flashpoints pvp or any of the other Mini game "extras " that are not part of the core rpg part of the game.

My full reviews of both can be found in my signature below Please let me know what you think.

What i wanted to talk about ws even though I am finished everything I want to accomplish here for now and don't feel SWTOR gives me enough reason to re- sub due to lack of content i am interested in at the moment .

I didn't use a lot of the content that bioware made for various reasons including below zero interest in pvp i still feel that i got great value for my money ill break it down,

What I gave them

$29.95 for a 60 non recurring 60 subscription

$30 worth of extra cartel coins . ( approximately)

That come about $60 worth of money spent which is the average amount for a single player RPG

What did i get for that ?

2 Distinct Class story lines if you count them as single games thats $120 worth of value right there

All the cutscenes quests and planet stories and side quests

all the unlocked goodies and xp bonuses that regular monthly subscribers get

1000 cartel coins back ( 500 per month x2)

And becase i subscribed at the beginning of april i also fell on to all the bonus stuff

BE A SUBSCRIBER BY MAY 4TH TO RECEIVE 1,000 BONUS CARTEL COINS.

BE A SUBSCRIBER BY MAY 11TH Now, receive

a total of FIVE ROOMS UNLOCKED WITH YOUR NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE – Valued at 4,000,000 Credits!

Plus, travel the galaxy with an exclusive SUBTEROTH MINI-PET and CHARACTER TITLE "THE INTREPID"

I feel i got a couple hundred dollars of value out of my $60 now i can just let my sub runs out and go down to prefered and wait for content that i want to try out I probably won't have to renew until they up the level cap again.

I still have over 1000 cartel coins left and 23 days or so left on my sub so really I got 2 compete games plus housing bonus cartel coin bonus and lots of other unlocks and bonus just for being a sub got everything done i want ed (2 end game characters ) and have days and coins left over . So yea I truly feel that even though it wasn't the perfect experience and i missed a lot of stuff i still came out way ahead.

The best part being is its ftp now so even when my sub runs out i can still play any new content that comes out or if i just feel like running around and shooting stuff for a while .

Wish list

- Ava jaxo as a full romanceable companion

- Romance and character interaction upgrade

-New planets stories without being forced to group

-Ability to solo group stuff with full companions

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Not interested in at least one imperial playthrough just to compare notes?

Sith Warrior has to be one of the better (if not the best) class stories out of the 8 on offer (I know very subjective ;) ), and most people rave about the Imperial Agent story. And the best bit... you don't have to be evil :)

nice you're leaving satisfied OP

but gotta say you are missing out on a number of good experiences with other classes

I loved my trooper as well but found the smuggler much stronger storyline on rep side.

On imp side the agent storyline is often considered the games best storyline

Im currently loving my inquiz storyline

Bounty Hunter is a complete blast and story only gets weak at the end (first 2 chapters amazingly good)

Dont blame you for no interest in pvp

Warzone pvp is not good pvp at best of times and the gear separation just makes it even worse

Not saying you should stay for years

But I do think you are leaving not hitting the best parts of game in some of the class story lines you have not experienced yet.

It sounds like you have only done two class stories out of the 8 (4 for each faction) available completely different and yet somewhat related class stories, each of which has at least four variants (male/female x light/dark). And having played every class story, half of them twice, I have to say I did not expect the Trooper to be anyone's favorite. :eek:

So, if you haven't tried the other class stories yet, you still have a lot of good stuff to look forward to. A lot of people really like the Imperial Agent story; but I think my favorite was playing a body-type 3 male Cathar Sith Warrior (it's just SO APPROPRIATE when he does a Force Scream!) who was neither light nor dark but simply wants Vette to be happy. Ah, amore!

(which means being primarily Light, of course.)

Vette is a very likable character and is superbly voice-acted, and her companion quest is one of the best. Plus she is related to one of the romanceable Republic companions! So my advice, at least give the male Sith Warrior a try. Heck, you are missing a lot of good stuff, I think, if you haven't spent time with Vette, Corso, Mako, Torian, Guss, and some of the other companions.

Ah, but that said, my favorite SWTOR moments were as a Bounty Hunter, with that snotty Alderan noble, :D, and the hand-waving. Yes, the hand waving. All you BH's should know what I mean by that.

Oh, also, many of the flashpoints that become available as you level up are actually part of the global story that all the class stories are set in, and in those flashpoint (like, for example, Maelstrom Prison, The Foundry, and The False Emperor) you get to take part in important events that shape history. I suggest giving them a try at least once.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Good thing you couldn't write anything more in your title otherwise your entire post might've been there.

well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bridge......lol

Pretty cool OP. I never thought about breaking it down that way. If I did, I would definitely see I'm getting my moneys worth as well.

Thanks its my thing :) I have got pretty good at finding value where other people miss comes from years of analyzing products , opportunities and marketing strategies . alot I learned from reading Robert Kiyosaki's stuff he is a great author

@Vhaegrant ,Kalfear BuriDogshin,

I am not actually leaving more im not resubbing . I will be playing from time to time for free as "prefered status"

Swtor is going to go form .. the "main game" i am playing take a secondary ... " if i want a break from everything else game "

Sto released season 9 a while ago and will be returning to play that Since we are talking about Value i spent a few hundred on a life time Subscription and it was the best " video game entertainment" money I could have spent . I dont miss anything on STO as it allows player the right to choose the style of play they want ( solo vs group ) . I don't miss any of the content in that game.

Yes I know there is a lot of content still "available" but I tend to research stuff a bit first not wanting to play imperial is the main reason do to its base nature but secondary reason i am not interested in any of the romantic companions that the agent or the warrior have ...even playing them light side.

With that said i looked into it further and may do a bounty hunter becase Mako looks kinda cool and bounty hunters and smugglers are really a faction of their own with no real allegiance to either side other than how bioware have assigned them .

Smugglers and bounty hunters should have been a third "neutral " group. You could have a smuggler who worked against the republic and a bounty hunter that hunted down sith and other enemies of the republic. Not sure why Bioware made them "choose sides".

Soo yea Warrior and agent are off the table but i still may do an imperial run in the form of bounty hunter .

Mabey when the next double xp weekend comes out its alot more fun when your over geared and over leveled and can just smash through stuff lol

Edited by _NovaBlast_

i realy dont think you can count 2 classes as 2 seperate games. Maybe if it was an imperial v republic class. Having said that i definedtly thing the may sub was worth it, and if you came from f2p it unlocked preffered and Makeb so what's not to like.

I suggest you give one of the imperial classes a try for a whole new RPG experience. From knight to trooper only class content changed, Imp side is like a whole new game.

If you're die hard republic guy you can choose a bounty hunter, you can spend the entire game talking smack to lords of the sith. :p

I suggest you give one of the imperial classes a try for a whole new RPG experience. From knight to trooper only class content changed, Imp side is like a whole new game.

If you're die hard republic guy you can choose a bounty hunter, you can spend the entire game talking smack to lords of the sith. :p

Can't you do that as an Agent too? Pretty much. I know I've been less then accommodating to the few I've seen.

Can't you do that as an Agent too? Pretty much. I know I've been less then accommodating to the few I've seen.

Well yea but I find that a lot of the times BH will talk smack about the empire as the empire, as if he were an outside agent/contractor. Agent kinda plays within that structure. But then again,

his later story choices arguably make him the 5th republic class.

:p

well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bridge......lol

Soo yea Warrior and agent are off the table ...

Well, I respect your choice, but let me pitch Warrior a bit more.

BW did a very good job allowing the Sith stories to be played dark or light. In both the Inq and Warrior stories, your character has very humble origins. The option to work from the inside to reform the Empire is definitely provided, and you can (and I have) level a Sith Inquisitor or Warrior all the way to Light V and never make a Dark side choice.

The Sith class story lines, in classic Sith fashion, are about conflict with your Master, who is (no real spoiler here) Evil. You are allowed to deal with them without being evil yourself. So you can RP the same personality, ethic, and morality on a Sith 'toon as a Jedi would have. BW took the effort to make that not only an option, but an interesting one.

My first toons were Republic toons. I thought the Empire wouldn't appeal to me. But BW surprised me, and now most of my toons are Imperial, and most are Light. Well, except my male Warrior who doesn't care about light or dark - just about Vette. :)

Well, I respect your choice, but let me pitch Warrior a bit more.

BW did a very good job allowing the Sith stories to be played dark or light. In both the Inq and Warrior stories, your character has very humble origins. The option to work from the inside to reform the Empire is definitely provided, and you can (and I have) level a Sith Inquisitor or Warrior all the way to Light V and never make a Dark side choice.

The Sith class story lines, in classic Sith fashion, are about conflict with your Master, who is (no real spoiler here) Evil. You are allowed to deal with them without being evil yourself. So you can RP the same personality, ethic, and morality on a Sith 'toon as a Jedi would have. BW took the effort to make that not only an option, but an interesting one.

My first toons were Republic toons. I thought the Empire wouldn't appeal to me. But BW surprised me, and now most of my toons are Imperial, and most are Light. Well, except my male Warrior who doesn't care about light or dark - just about Vette. :)

Sorry good pitch but no sale. I write marketing courses and build and mentor direct sales teams from ordinary people so that made your attempt a bit more difficult you made a good argument though . I am doing a LS BH playthrough since i noticed mako soo hey that still counts as an imperial :)

Sorry good pitch but no sale. I write marketing courses and build and mentor direct sales teams from ordinary people so that made your attempt a bit more difficult you made a good argument though.)

Thank you. I am a patent attorney, making arguments is what I do for a living.