The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Niko Okarr's Hat (or something like it)

Nico Okarr's hat. 'Nuff said. Adaptive and Collectible.

This would make a nice capper to the Troublemaker's Armor Set, allowing you a nice Nico Okarr/Cad Bane kind of style. Because not every Bounty Hunter needs to look like a Mando Clansman.

Most of the wide-brim hats in the game now are either Smuggler-only, have a high level requirement, or have a jaw wrap that makes you look like you have a bad toothache.

• 1 year later...

They'd end up doing the same thing to the other similar hats they have in game. Attach some huge piece of whatever to the sides and back to hide the hair. They have never figured out how to fix the hair clipping issues that cropped up at the beginning of the game. However, they have Niko in the game makes you wonder if the hair is part of the hat? And that crazy sister's hood allows her to have hair showing...again it has to be part of the gear.

This is one of the most glaring bugs that they took the easy route to fix since they could never fix the real issue in the first place. And more than likely the real reason will never see lowering hoods as it has been requested for multiple times over the past 4 years.

I hadn't thought of it that way. You make a good point.

They do still have a hard time with hair. I had a vanguard, since deleted, that was body type 3, and had the Presbyterian comb-over hairstyle. It's one of the newer cartel added styles for humans. The skin on the back of his head was constantly pushing through the hair. Every time he moved, it was like his hair shrank away. Looked horrible.

However, they have Niko in the game makes you wonder if the hair is part of the hat? And that crazy sister's hood allows her to have hair showing...again it has to be part of the gear.
As has been reported in various other threads on the subject: Nico Okarr's hair IS attached to his hat, as is Vaylin's hair and her hood.

Unfortunate'y, the devs don't want to do the same for all of the other headpieces and our characters' hair...and I don't blame them, because it would require having to download multiple copies of EVERY HEADPIECE in the game, one variant for each hairstyle. The patch download would be brutal.

Unfortunate'y, the devs don't want to do the same for all of the other headpieces and our characters' hair...and I don't blame them, because it would require having to download multiple copies of EVERY HEADPIECE in the game, one variant for each hairstyle. The patch download would be brutal.

This. And it's not just this game that has this problem. I have a female Norn in GW2, a redhead with the one hairstyle that falls in loose curls/tight waves to her waist, with a bandana headscarf built-in. It's awesome, and with the right combination of black-dyed gear and shades, it screams "biker". But if she wears a helmet, the whole lot disappears.