The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Team! I did the job for you! You just can put the pieces together :)

I assume you mean iconic? So what? That's because what he wore was traditional jedi robes...look and see the other jedi wearing it too. What made it stand out for Anakin was his choice of coloring. Which wasn't black/black.

Edit: Oh...beaten. Anakin also wore a leather tabard instead of a cloth one.

Yeah, but despite the different material the style was generic.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tadaam. Jedi robes everyone knows in TOR!

My epic paint skillz!

Although little modifications (tabards instead of vests with much more cloth beneath the waist!) would be necessary. :> But imo it looks decent already.

http://i.imgur.com/5J9oXnP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ek3XDEc.jpg

http://imgur.com/7nHRBnW

They need to fire who ever *** it is they got in the art department and hire you man! Now maybe, now since they have a picture, they can actually look at this and make a Jedi/Sith robe or the likes that we had seen in the KOTOR game.

I'm wondering if the people they hire to put the current sets together even watched one got damn Star Wars film or cartoon?

Because Anakin wore a generic, traditional Jedi robe in his preferred coloring.

What's the problem with that? Humble Hero set is an "insignia" outfit of Luke from Ep. VI. Plenty of CM sets are "insignia" outfits of many lore characters.

Yes sorry dont know what got into me

/signed

Good Job alec in making the Anakin's robe desgin.

Edited by ZahirS

They need to fire who ever *** it is they got in the art department and hire you man! Now maybe, now since they have a picture, they can actually look at this and make a Jedi/Sith robe or the likes that we had seen in the KOTOR game.

I'm wondering if the people they hire to put the current sets together even watched one got damn Star Wars film or cartoon?

Bioware should fire their art staff and hire this random forum user who used photoshop to smoosh pictures together cliche.

Bioware employees have never watched anything from the Star Wars franchise cliche.

I swear, sometimes I think Cinema Sins would have a field day here if they counted the sins committed by internet communities...

Bioware should fire their art staff and hire this random forum user who used photoshop to smoosh pictures together cliche.

Bioware employees have never watched anything from the Star Wars franchise cliche.

I swear, sometimes I think Cinema Sins would have a field day here if they counted the sins committed by internet communities...

I was being sarcastic man, it's not like they actually read this stuff:eek:

I was being sarcastic man, it's not like they actually read this stuff:eek:

Point still stands that Internet Forum Sins would have to make like, an hour long video just based on SWTOR forums' atrocities.

This place is basically one of those train wrecks you can't look away from.

Edited by RaptureRocker

Bioware, please listen to this man! Alec that second piece you've created looks phenomenal, and I think a lot of people would buy it, for Jedi robes or to dye black for Sith robes! I want these.

I didn't create, i just put existing stuff together with paint. Glad you like it.

Ok, now that I've read the entire thread:

I like what Alec did here. It's good proof of concept. I'd spend CC on it if BioWare released it.

I like and use the Relnex set as is, too. In fact, with a black dye it's even what I use on my SInq.

I like the Humble Hero set as is, and am frustrated that I can't afford it yet.

I'm frustrated to no end by the Ajunta Pall set. So close, and then they go and put silliness on top of it.

I would also like the KOTOR1 Jedi robe. Other KOTOR1 sets have been released, and it's a BioWare in house design. We have the Darth Revan set. Why not what Revan looked like when I was actually playing him?

So, question. When was the last time you designed game assets? Do you have first hand experience working with the hero engine? What qualifies you to declare Bioware can't do anything right when their job is "easy"?

What kind of stupid question that is? They already made long sleeves - Marka Ragnos robe is best example of it. Exterminator's set is another one. What's the problem to put pieces together and make robes/tunics (whatever) like Alec did on screenshots? I'd do that without basic knowledge of their engine if they gave me instructions. For some reason they aimed for short sleeves since beta untill first pack that contained Ragnos' cuz they thought... well I don't know... they're "cool" or somethig?. Nevertheless, that was a huge breakthrough and now it's all on the right track. If they can't do such a SIMPLE and trivial thing they should be fired immidietely.

Telling Oddball he's pathetic because he's sick of topics like this gunking up the forum is "bordering harassment imo."

Raising Alec on a pedestal because he photoshopped some pieces of outfits together, and acting like he's a better designer than anybody at Bioware is what's pathetic. Oh, and the people asking why Bioware haven't hired Alec are hilarious to me, considering I doubt if bioware sat him at a computer, pointed at his photoshopped picture, and said "make this with game assets for the game" he'd be able to do it. People have an obsession with telling Bioware how much they suck, and how incompetent they are. It's sickening.

Are they the best video game company in the world? God no, as much as I wish they were. (Bioware, you'll always be one of my first video game loves. Please, change back into your regular outfit for OG fans. <3) Has Bioware made some bad decisions? Yes, very much so. But should the people on the forums run around trash talking them at every turn, telling them they suck, telling them they're idiots, telling them that they (the fans) could produce a better game than Bioware? Absolutely not.

Browbeating a video game company, and refusing to let them try and make their game better without flinging more hate at them is NOT how you get them to make a better game. Acting like you know more about the game than its own developer is NOT how you get them to make a better game. Becoming collectively the biggest hive of scum and villainy in the video gaming slice of the internet is NOT how you get results. It just makes everybody who plays the game look bad.

No sir. Your reasoning is pathetic. Bashing BW art designers is all justified. Swtor community demands traditional jedi robes for over one year by now. And while one of the most active suggestion forum section users gives them an actual look of robes we are looking for INCLUDING SCREENSHOTS WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION HOW TO DO IT AND YET THEY CAN'T is UNBELIEVABLE. You seem like an upset BW fan who can't stand criticism over his fav company when it's fully deserved. A preschool girl would understand what we ask for but BW needs paint screenshots and even that doesn't seem to force them to do the job right as it should be long ago.

Alec is absolutely correct and that's why he has a support of majority here. Accept it and stop embarassing yourself.

I'm not going to get into whatever silly arguing is going on here, but I just want to say of the first post: Those photoshop robes look great, why in the world has the game not had robes like that from day one?

Bashing BW art designers is all justified. Swtor community demands traditional jedi robes for over one year by now [...]

Alec is absolutely correct and that's why he has a support of majority here. Accept it and stop embarassing yourself.

I wish I could see this community demanding the robes, because it's all me whos' been doing the job for two years.

I want to see this majority. I want to see my Jedi robe legion. Why won't they come out of hiding, given that there are much more than five of us?

Oh wait. Many of them gave up on the game, I bet.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I appreciate you continuing to voice the desire. Haven't always been subbed so I couldn't respond to some of the ridiculous things I've seen said against traditional robes. Was good that you would.

No sir. Your reasoning is pathetic. Bashing BW art designers is all justified. Swtor community demands traditional jedi robes for over one year by now. And while one of the most active suggestion forum section users gives them an actual look of robes we are looking for INCLUDING SCREENSHOTS WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION HOW TO DO IT AND YET THEY CAN'T is UNBELIEVABLE. You seem like an upset BW fan who can't stand criticism over his fav company when it's fully deserved. A preschool girl would understand what we ask for but BW needs paint screenshots and even that doesn't seem to force them to do the job right as it should be long ago.

I'm a Bioware fan, yes. I'm also a Bioware critic. But anybody who walks up to a video game company and declares "I've done your job for you! Look at my paint skills!" is nothing more than a troll. You will never convince me otherwise until Alec actually codes some robes for bioware. Note that I said CODES them. Not smash them together in paint. Makes working, glitch free robes that can be immediately implemented in game. If he does that, than I'll concede that he did, in fact, do Bioware's job. Until then, he's a boastful individual on the internet, nothing more.

Also, I'd like to point out that if somebody tried this on Blizzard's forums, they'd probably be laughed out of town. The problem here is that people are, rightfully, pissed at Bioware for bad decision making, and their judgment is clouded.

Edited by RaptureRocker

Have bioware give me tools. It's really nasty of you to say this stuff considering that most of the skimpy outfits originated as community-made photoshops.

See, I'm more pissed that they looked at the skimpy thread and went "Nobody will notice if we do what this guy is doing, and claim that we thought it up."

But it's a two sided coin. Bioware stole skimpy designs from Ixum.

You're photoshopping something and declaring you've done all the work for them.

There needs to be some even ground here. Like if Bioware opened up a sub-sub forum in the Suggestions area. "Photoshop Ideas for Us" where you... Well, photoshop up ideas for them.