The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Team! I did the job for you! You just can put the pieces together :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a Jedi outfit that I love in game.

I have also seen several other Jedi outfits that I would have no problem using if my current one wasn't available.

Thats your opinion and Alecs is another he has every right to express.

As for the outfits Alec, they look fantastic. Well done. Id have no problem dumping CC into them. The cartel market team need to check this out.

So let me get this straight... You put long sleeves on the item you deemed "civilian clothing, definately not jedi clothing" and now it's "perfect" for jedi?

Because that's all you've done really.

The pants are already in the game, the exterminators set already has the robes on the outside of the belt... so what you did was basically just point out that they are already heading in that direction... and then said "look, I invented this!"?

Why are you so terrible? And no, it's not just the long sleeves which I added. When you look at the Anakin's outfit you'll see clearly how I tried to imitate the prequel style robe. Long sleeves - check. Chest textures resembling a folded kimono - check. Vest turned into a tabard - check. Baggy pants - check. Knee-high boots - check. It's not just long sleeves which I added to humble hero... Please, stop fighting me in every thread because I feel harassed by you at this stage. I never fight anyone for the sake of fighting like you do.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

This is pathetic Oddball, can't believe how can you be so shallow and blind.

Just leave this guy alone because your "zealotry" in fighting him is far, far worse than Alec's robe obsession. This is bordering harassment imo.

Edited by ebikenebi

I'd like to see Jedi Robes like that.

Why not call them "prototype Jedi Robes" ? :D

("Prototype" means in German language a similar thing like the alpha stage or the beta stage in software development - which means that I'm always smiling when I read "Prototype" as a prefix to indicate in-game gear quality. ;)

German language has a similar thing with the word "pathetic", only the other way round : The German word "pathetisch" means "elevated" or sometimes even "great" ! ;) )

"Prototype" means the same thing English. A lot of times, a prototype (even in software) is better (in some ways) than the final production version. Prototypes, especially for physical items, are often hand-crafted and over-engineered as part of the proof-of-concept and initial testing process. In software, the alpha version often serve as a proof-of-concept and are built with minimal user interface niceties; these niceties, which get added later, usually involve a trade-off of "more usability / user friendliness" at some raw performance cost.

Not quite my longed for carrot-colored Ossus Keeper Robes, but still very nice. Would definately buy! :tran_tongue:

As a side note I just discovered recently that there were no "traditional" Jedi robes in SWTOR. I was shocked and a bit disappointed as I thought SWTOR had just about every sort of armor out there.

Well it seems that the style for female Jedi at least, is chainmail bikini -- lots of those out there.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but... You people are obsessed. There are SO many topics on this, and every time Bioware tries to give you something (see: Humble Hero, Relnex Armor) you tell them that they're morons who can't do anything correctly.

Because they can't. Is it so damn difficult to make LONG SLEEVES? It's all these robes need to look like actual traditional Jedi robes.

They just nailed with the basic ajunta pall chest piece. It only needs a custom tabard and we're all set.

I would have hoped you of all people would know a tunic isn't a robe. If they put a robe on it maybe we're set...once they put in a hood toggle as well.

Because they can't. Is it so damn difficult to make LONG SLEEVES? It's all these robes need to look like actual traditional Jedi robes.

So, question. When was the last time you designed game assets? Do you have first hand experience working with the hero engine? What qualifies you to declare Bioware can't do anything right when their job is "easy"?

This is pathetic Oddball, can't believe how can you be so shallow and blind.

Just leave this guy alone because your "zealotry" in fighting him is far, far worse than Alec's robe obsession. This is bordering harassment imo.

Telling Oddball he's pathetic because he's sick of topics like this gunking up the forum is "bordering harassment imo."

Raising Alec on a pedestal because he photoshopped some pieces of outfits together, and acting like he's a better designer than anybody at Bioware is what's pathetic. Oh, and the people asking why Bioware haven't hired Alec are hilarious to me, considering I doubt if bioware sat him at a computer, pointed at his photoshopped picture, and said "make this with game assets for the game" he'd be able to do it. People have an obsession with telling Bioware how much they suck, and how incompetent they are. It's sickening.

Are they the best video game company in the world? God no, as much as I wish they were. (Bioware, you'll always be one of my first video game loves. Please, change back into your regular outfit for OG fans. <3) Has Bioware made some bad decisions? Yes, very much so. But should the people on the forums run around trash talking them at every turn, telling them they suck, telling them they're idiots, telling them that they (the fans) could produce a better game than Bioware? Absolutely not.

Browbeating a video game company, and refusing to let them try and make their game better without flinging more hate at them is NOT how you get them to make a better game. Acting like you know more about the game than its own developer is NOT how you get them to make a better game. Becoming collectively the biggest hive of scum and villainy in the video gaming slice of the internet is NOT how you get results. It just makes everybody who plays the game look bad.

I agree with RaptureRocker. Nicely put. I mentioned it yesterday in another thread already: It feels like the more complaining threads Alec is opening, the more fun BW has to not make the robes he desires. It's like a game in a game. But I admit that I am quite tired of all these threads about Jedi robes. They are all over the place and as far as I see it, it's a tiny minority that is really interested in these robes. Wasn't there even one thread with a threat of leaving the game if there won't come proper Jedi robes some months ago? What happened to that threat-thread? :p

But well: Would I put my Jedi chars in such robes? Yes, surely. But if not, then not. Lots of alternatives out there. Too many even (imho).

That said, BW should just put one set for Alec in the game and then we all have peace and quiet. :)

/Not signed

Thats the insignia outfit of Anakin Skywalker

Because Anakin wore a generic, traditional Jedi robe in his preferred coloring.

What's the problem with that? Humble Hero set is an "insignia" outfit of Luke from Ep. VI. Plenty of CM sets are "insignia" outfits of many lore characters.

/Not signed

Thats the insignia outfit of Anakin Skywalker

I assume you mean iconic? So what? That's because what he wore was traditional jedi robes...look and see the other jedi wearing it too. What made it stand out for Anakin was his choice of coloring. Which wasn't black/black.

Edit: Oh...beaten. Anakin also wore a leather tabard instead of a cloth one.

Edited by Senrie