Screw you and the 1,000 CC's, Bioware

Korithras

OK, so you give us 1,000 CC's, and up until today, all of the GSF content on the cartel market was on sale at 54% off. As soon as we get the coins, the sale ends. You could haven't extended that sale just a LITTLE bit longer until we got the coins, could you? -_- Dick move, Bioware. Seriously. Edited by Korithras

I'm not gonna be happy with the CC market for GSF until I can get red black on my crimson-red imp GS (which is all decked out in red). Seriously though, it makes sense from a supply / demand perspective to do the sale they did and give the handout after

I'm not gonna be happy with the CC market for GSF until I can get red black on my crimson-red imp GS (which is all decked out in red). Seriously though, it makes sense from a supply / demand perspective to do the sale they did and give the handout after

I'll really be happy with the CC market for GSF when the things you buy get added to collections. But yeah what they did makes perfect sense from the supply/demand business perspective. Considering that you could get a CM ship for less than 1K CC it makes no sense why they'd have left the sale up after giving people the free CCs (since it'd basically allow people to get the most expensive GSF items for free).

It was pretty much a telegraphed move anyway. I'm almost certain a marketing intern came up with it.

While it's a technically logical move, I have to agree with the poster (if not the specific vitriol behind it). If they had extended the sale one more day, I'd have probably purchased another 2400 to go on top and get me a few new ships.

Now I'll just let the coins pile up and buy 'em without spending anything extra.

The moral?

Bad marketing plans backfire. -bp

Talk about entitlement.

Bioware puts things on sale for half off. Bioware gives me $10. Good guy bioware, right?

Stop right there! They have done so in a way that isn't maximally convenient for me! What a dick move, this company is the worst.

Seriously?

Edited by Buggleslor

Talk about entitlement.

Bioware puts things on sale for half off. Bioware gives me $10. Good guy bioware, right?

Stop right there! They have done so in a way that isn't maximally convenient for me! What a dick move, this company is the worst.

Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. I realize that even simple marketing tricks can seem complex to the uninitiated, but for those who took a Marketing 101 class, it's a little insulting to be held in such low regard.

Don't worry if it doesn't offend you. -bp

I think the intention of the giveaway was noble, despite some somewhat greedy marketing practices that are mentioned in the OP. Honestly though, in most situations where there is a currency giveaway, the market value of the currency drops a bit. Im not surprised or upset that the sale ended before the freebie CC's

If you ran a business would you give away cash and have a sale at the same time? I think not, most likely you would use the two separately to generate as much profit as you could. Marketing is rarely "fair" heh.

I feel most bad for people who spent real money on CC to buy it before the sale happened, they have a legit reason to be upset (even if it isn't really the fault of BW)

Did they remove every item that had a sale price on the market? I could buy into this more if that was the case, but... if there are still things for a "sale" price, then they're just shifting what is on sale, like they do all the time. I believe this is the time of the week they always shift what is on sale as well, so I can't go tinfoil hat on this one.

I think cartel market prices are a bit over the top (black/back dye you can use on one character's equipment for 2k? seriously? I don't want it, but that is insane)... but they do have a pattern of putting things on sale again. Not always (I think they had the artifact unlock on sale for 50% once early last spring and it has never been that on sale ever again... I think it was once, for 20%), but often.

OK, so you give us 1,000 CC's, and up until today, all of the GSF content on the cartel market was on sale at 54% off. As soon as we get the coins, the sale ends. You could haven't extended that sale just a LITTLE bit longer until we got the coins, could you? -_- Dick move, Bioware. Seriously.

No, tell us how you really feel lol.