why couldnt this game have been on console xbox/ps3

ifeelthedarkside

consoles can handle great graphics and alot off traffic look at call of duty also had the superhero game why ow why wasnt this on console its from makers off console games the did dragon age and mass effect the controller could have handled the moves easily

I would like to point you to the cluster-**** that is DC Universe Online as the main reason why a console/PC MMO is the worst possible move a developer could make.

The UI needs to be dumbed down too much to be usable on a console and too many resources need to be put on the table to provide support for a separate PC UI.

Combat systems need to be designed from scratch and - from my experience with DCUO - can be riddled with glitches and exploits that don't get fixed for quite some time.

A hot-key MMO just doesn't work on a console as well as it will on a PC.

A well built PC completely and entirely blows away any console in terms of power. Compare screenies/videos of Crysis 2 for a very obvious demonstratoin. How on earth do you think 3-4 dozen hotbar buttons could be set up on a console, let alone all the clicks and keypresses needed to equip gear, get into crafting windows, etc?

I would like to point you to the cluster-**** that is DC Universe Online as the main reason why a console/PC MMO is the worst possible move a developer could make.

The UI needs to be dumbed down too much to be usable on a console and too many resources need to be put on the table to provide support for a separate PC UI.

Combat systems need to be designed from scratch and - from my experience with DCUO - can be riddled with glitches and exploits that don't get fixed for quite some time.

A hot-key MMO just doesn't work on a console as well as it will on a PC.

On this, look at how Dragon Age: Origins plays on the PC compared to the console and see which one is vastly superior for a game with that many skills to play around with.

consoles can handle great graphics and alot off traffic look at call of duty also had the superhero game why ow why wasnt this on console its from makers off console games the did dragon age and mass effect the controller could have handled the moves easily

The reason why The Old Republic isnt on the 360 has nothing to do with whether or not the console could handle it - it easily could.

It has nothing to do with the control scheme - it could be made to fit.

It has nothing to do with the number of people playing it - it could easily handle it.

Nope technical limitations have nothing to do at all with why its not on the 360. The reason why it is not on the 360 is Microsoft. Microsoft and their charges.

There are restrictions on the size of patches that companies can release over Xbox Live. Above a certain size, Microsoft charges companies a fee. So patching would cost Bioware/EA a lot of money, let alone content updates.

Then there is the subscription. Microsoft isnt keen on the idea of companies generating monthly revenue on their console unless they get a cut of it. So they would have tried to force Bioware into a financial deal there too, leading to either Bioware losing a significant portion of their profit from the subscriptions or players having to pay more.

With Microsoft policies as they currently stand, its just not financially worth releasing an MMO on that console.

The reason why The Old Republic isnt on the 360 has nothing to do with whether or not the console could handle it - it easily could.

It has nothing to do with the number of people playing it - it could easily handle it.

Nope technical limitations have nothing to do at all with why its not on the 360. The reason why it is not on the 360 is Microsoft. Microsoft and their charges.

There are restrictions on the size of patches that companies can release over Xbox Live. Above a certain size, Microsoft charges companies a fee. So patching would cost Bioware/EA a lot of money, let alone content updates.

Then there is the subscription. Microsoft isnt keen on the idea of companies generating monthly revenue on their console unless they get a cut of it. So they would have tried to force Bioware into a financial deal there too, leading to either Bioware losing a significant portion of their profit from the subscriptions or players having to pay more.

With Microsoft policies as they currently stand, its just not financially worth releasing an MMO on that console.

Very much what this guy says.

Yeah, but just for argument's sake, count out only the abilities in your NORMAL class page and count the buttons on a console remote (PS3, Xbox 360, doesn't matter).

Now add movement, camera, advanced class abilities, speeders and anything else. It wouldn't even begin to fit on a remote. Sure, I love my consoles, been playing them since 1995 (when I was 5) but I'd rather play an MMO on a PC (which I have been on since 1997).

Most PC games do not translate over well to consoles. The whole patch-limit size is just a tiny fraction of a reason for the madness not to exist.

A console version of this game would be a disaster. The controls would be terrible. On top of that, the processing power/graphical power on a console wouldn't be able to support the sheer quantity of the amount of users all simultaneously playing and interacting with each other.

Edited by Sinister-Sith

FFXI Works great on consoles. The xbox does work with keyboards, its up to the game to use it.

I had FFXI On pc, and 360, id take the controller and keyboard any day.

plus because of hardware standardization, the console version had very very few problems.

CoD, DA and ME aren't MMOs.

FFXI Works great on consoles. The xbox does work with keyboards, its up to the game to use it.

I had FFXI On pc, and 360, id take the controller and keyboard any day.

plus because of hardware standardization, the console version had very very few problems.

That's fine, but this game is completely different from the FFXI engine, let alone Final Fantasy in itself.