What types of players irritate you in Flashpoints?

Elfa

Really its a video game if you need to make a list this long of things that stress you out maybe you should not play with random and just play with a guild or something and perhaps study the Jedi teachings more .

So... you come into a thread asking people to list what annoys them, and then complain about someone having a list of things that annoy them? :confused:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the torrent of abuse I would receive from players who deemed my gear unsuitable. I was forced to start another character as I realised I don't have the time to do endgame stuff and frankly, if the MMO population at high levels treat all outsiders like that, I would much prefer to do things on my own than partake in multiplayer activities in a bloody MMO...

These people make up the majority of my ignore list. Whether or not I am the target of their abuse (in the beginning I was, but found some good and helpful people to play with to help me understand the game, how to tweek my playstyle, rotations, cooldowns, and grab that upper level gear). The funny thing is, you can't get the upper level gear without teaming... You are limited to basic/classic comms gear with dailies.

Not sure of your server, but i am on JC (Character name Yudsea)... look me up, i'd be happy to run through missions with ya.

In general (not specifically this poster) this is the perfect example of why I avoid group play ... running into people who have lists this long on things that annoy them ruin group play .

Elitists who insist you follow their person TOS and want everything done in some precise order and turn into verbally abusive trolls when things are not done to an exact science.

Really its a video game if you need to make a list this long of things that stress you out maybe you should not play with random and just play with a guild or something and perhaps study the Jedi teachings more .

Of course you see her an example of the "omg you ninja loot you don't need " whine

how do you do you know what I am using it for therefore how do you know I don't "need " it for there could be many reason other than equipping, personally.

Again in general People in any game who think you only need for what your personal character at the time can equip need to learn to relax.

Someone made a very near perfect post in another thread regarding this

I'm sorry that expecting people to work cooperatively as a group in group content runs counter to your 'its all about me and my fun and my loot' mindset, but you are exactly the type of player I cannot stand, right up there with the rude and obnoxious ones.

If you actually read a lot of these posts about pet peeves, you'll see most of us have no issues working with newer players to help them through content, to provide advice on anything and everything, and to provide instructions on how to complete the content and deal with various fight mechanics and such.

You'd also see most of us don't care for rude players of any type, which also includes the people demanding a group do things their way or ridicules someone for a mistake or their gear choices.

What we have an issue with are players who could learn and could listen, but don't. Players who understand it is rude to Need everything, but do it anyway. Players who use the 'its just a game' line as an excuse NOT to work with the group.

Basically, we just don't want self-centered people causing issues with their self-centered attitudes in content designed for cooperative group play.

If you want to do everything your own way, go play solo or go play a single player game.

Edited by DawnAskham

Another thing, which I'm not sure anyone mentioned already... I get this is a bit more subjective but I find it aggravating nonetheless:

Tanks who augment their gear with Fortitude augments.

I honestly feel that whoever STILL does that nowadays is just trolling. Whenever I see an Assassin tank with 48k HP or whatever, I always get a bad feeling about it.

I don't have a fully geared end-game tank, but don't they actually tend to hit cap on mitigation stats near the end of tiers? Given a lot of them probably have no idea what they're doing when it comes to gearing and are using excessive amounts of endurance stats, but its possible that not all of them are gearing improperly.

I don't have a fully geared end-game tank, but don't they actually tend to hit cap on mitigation stats near the end of tiers? Given a lot of them probably have no idea what they're doing when it comes to gearing and are using excessive amounts of endurance stats, but its possible that not all of them are gearing improperly.

according to math? no, not really. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

personally, in flashpoints, if I see "endurance" tanks, I just sigh and gird my loins so to speak (mainly play healers). may mention that its better for their survivability if they augment for defensive stats - if they feel particularly squishy, but that's about it. same goes for most storymode ops. but if they want to do anything above that? yeah... in higher tiers of content, you still want to focus on mitigation, especially when it comes to augments, since they are the least painful way to balance your stats, usually, not being dependant on drops.

The prevailing theory on tanking is that less that 10% of your HP, if even that, comes from your gear, with the remaining 90+% coming from your healers. :) That's why mitigation takes priority over endurance.

That said, not everyone has guildmates willing to share their expertise, or knows to go read the tanking guides on the forums or web. New players are often naive, but they are necessary. In my opinion, advice, not scorn, is the appropriate response.

I find the critical self-loving "pro" players the most frustrating to deal with. It usually starts with the cut-scenes. If the rest of the group hasn't space-barred the conversations they type on chat to everyone that they need to space it because we obviously have done this all before and shouldn't inconvenience them.

The same person will usually start crying about what a lousy tank or healer one of the other player's is. In spite of not rolling a healer or a tank them self they know everything about it. Reminded of how they missed their true calling they usually try to have the poor substitute kicked from the group.

When the vote doesn't fly because nobody else is bent the expert usually rage quits. Problem solved and justice served.

Edited by horridperson

I'm sorry that expecting people to work cooperatively as a group in group content runs counter to your 'its all about me and my fun and my loot' mindset, but you are exactly the type of player I cannot stand, right up there with the rude and obnoxious ones.

If you actually read a lot of these posts about pet peeves, you'll see most of us have no issues working with newer players to help them through content, to provide advice on anything and everything, and to provide instructions on how to complete the content and deal with various fight mechanics and such.

You'd also see most of us don't care for rude players of any type, which also includes the people demanding a group do things their way or ridicules someone for a mistake or their gear choices.

What we have an issue with are players who could learn and could listen, but don't. Players who understand it is rude to Need everything, but do it anyway. Players who use the 'its just a game' line as an excuse NOT to work with the group.

Basically, we just don't want self-centered people causing issues with their self-centered attitudes in content designed for cooperative group play.

If you want to do everything your own way, go play solo or go play a single player game.

To you an all other who have called me rude or whatever else you have deemed me . You don't even know me as I have never played group content in Swtor because of people like you .

You call me rude and inconsiderate. yet you continue to play random ques instead of with people of like mind like friends or with a guild and then proceed to troll others and call them names because they don't live up to what you expect.

You want to consider me rude and selfish for my play style I say look in the mirror.

You have the option not to play in random ques you simply do not take it.

By playing in random ques you are expecting everyone to live up to you own "code of conduct" and are no better. I consider you rude and selfish as well for the same reasons you used against me.

For me its not about becoming a robot and playing speadsheet wars doing everything as "efficiently" as possible.

I don't consider that fun and from what I read alto of others don't as well but we are forced to in order to see some content. Up to this point I have chosen to miss content rather than deal with elitist spreadsheet dictators who demand everything be done a certain way. That was my personal choice .

People who rant about others in Random ques are the ones that are being rude and selfish.

If I could solo I would I have even made that suggestion in the suggestion area and got flamed for it because again someone wanted to force their personal views on what MMO means .

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=737396

It not wanting things "my way" as much as it the instants of elites under the guise of "efficiently" try to act like a dictator and insist everyone act and behave in a matter that they deem "best" as another poster other than myself put it

The people who will kick you from team because your combat parse is "point oh oh oh oh eight percent" (seriously, Bioware, if you offered a cartel-market upgrade that made your shipdroid speak only when you specifically addressed him, you'd be raking in cash) below optimum for your class or not fully geared out with the most fully-tweaked endgame gear even though you only reached the level where you could _use_ endgame gear the previous day. The sort of people who would want the RNG taken out of the game so they can more micrometrically plan out the precise timing of each power activation for the most 'efficient' takedown of mobs. Sometimes it makes you wonder whether they would be better off playing "Excel 2010: Spreadsheet Wars" than an MMO...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=736516

As for needing in the context of Swtor maybe I need it for a companion ... that is the definition of "need" as well. there is nothing in Bioware rules that says you cant need for a companion

if you want to change the rules of the game to conform to your personal standard of conduct That doesn't make everyone who doesn't choose to follow them a bad rude selfish or inconsiderate person. The same as if your in a RANDOM game and people are not acting or following your rules of game play.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

I doubt a tank who's gear includes Alacrity and Accuracy enhancements is about to hip the cap, as far as mitigation is concerned.

I was actually under the impression - until fairly recently - that most people who tanked knew that having Alacrity on your Tank serves no purpose at all and your taunts won't be more effective or "channeled" faster.

I was effectively wrong.

But then again, I miss count of how many people me and other buds were able to fool, concerning the hidden datacron underneath the bridge just before Styrak.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

To you an all other who have called me rude or whatever else you have deemed me . You don't even know me as I have never played group content in Swtor because of people like you .

You call me rude and inconsiderate. yet you continue to play random ques instead of people like mind and then proceed to troll others and call them names because they don't live up to . You wan to consider me rude and selfish for my play style look in the mirror.

By playing in random ques you are expecting everyone to live up to you own "code of conduct" and are no better. I consider you rude and selfish as well.

for me its not about becoming a robot and playing speadsheet wars doing everything as "efficiently" as possible. If I could solo I would I have even made that suggestion in the suggestion area and got flamed for it because again someone wanted to force their personal views on what MMO means .

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=737396

It not wanting things "my way" as much as it the instants of elites under the guise of "efficiently" try to act like a dictator and insist everyone act and behave in a matter that they deem "best" as another poster other than myself put it

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=736516

As for needing in the context of Swtor maybe I need it for a companion ... that is the definition of "need" as well. there is nothing in Bioware rules that says you cant need for a companion if you want to change the rules of the game to conform to your personal standard of conduct that doesn't make everyone who doesn't choose to follow them a bad rude selfish or inconsiderate person. The same as if your in a RANDOM game and people are not acting or following your rules of game play.

wow... just wow...

you don't even realize just how self centered you are. (and no, that's not calling you names) these so called personal rules of conduct are in fact something that's been adopted across multiple MMO's over the years by people who, you know actualy play mmo's becasue they are MMO's.

and again. do you think you are the only one to "need" gear for companion? the only one WITH companions? when you need without even qualification, while other people chose to press greed becasue they understand the difference between player character and an npc - you are effectively deciding that your desires are superior to theirs.

when you decide that mechanics of the fight don't concern you and effectively jeopardize your groups success? you are deciding that other people don't matter. only you playing your way does. and no,. mechanics of the fight are NOT subjective. a bos placing a circle of fire on the ground WILL hurt you, that forces healer to go into overdrive JUST to keep you alive, all becasue you refuse to avoid a perfectly avoidable mechanic.

when you use gear that doesn't have proper stats for your character, when you are not using abilities as they are intended - YOU are forcing the rest of the group to compensate for you. when you reject helpful polite suggestions becasue you are too determined to play your way, and who cares about the fact that its a massively online multiplayer game that was designed with people performing their roles a certain way in mind? you are showing just how inconsiderate you are.

and then you turn around and claim that everyone else is the bad guy? classic. would you mind sharing your server and character names so that I could ignore you preemptively and that way we could never ruin each others "fun" grouping with random people =/= having to tolerate bad behavior, anymore then taking public transit means you have to ignore someone behaving inappropriately instead of at least reporting them to authorities etc.

In general (not specifically this poster) this is the perfect example of why I avoid group play ... running into people who have lists this long on things that annoy them ruin group play .

Elitists who insist you follow their person TOS and want everything done in some precise order and turn into verbally abusive trolls when things are not done to an exact science.

Of course you see her an example of the "omg you ninja loot you don't need " whine

how do you do you know what I am using it for therefore how do you know I don't "need " it for there could be many reason other than equipping, personally.

Again in general People in any game who think you only need for what your personal character at the time can equip need to learn to relax.

Someone made a very near perfect post in another thread regarding this

Let me guess, you didn't even read his list. You just took the first person you saw with bullet points and decided to kick off into rant mode.

For me its not about becoming a robot and playing speadsheet wars doing everything as "efficiently" as possible.

Interesting that you should mention that, seeing as the closest anyone has come to saying that the group should "do everything as efficiently as possible" was that essentially new players should "follow the group's lead". That and a bunch of people had already mentioned that they don't mind helping new players. Kind of breaks your whole rant about everyone being elitists doesn't it?

People who rant about others in Random ques are the ones that are being rude and selfish.

What does your ranting make you then? Especially since no one here fits your description of "spreadsheet elitists".

If I could solo I would I have even made that suggestion in the suggestion area and got flamed for it because again someone wanted to force their personal views on what MMO means .

Like the personal view that group content should be done in...groups?

As for needing in the context of Swtor maybe I need it for a companion ... that is the definition of "need" as well. there is nothing in Bioware rules that says you cant need for a companion

That's not "need", as you are not equipping yourself. You are not improving yourself directly in a manner that would help the group. You are giving the gear to an NPC that every once in a while decides to follow you around and hit something. Even if you want to argue with whether or not I'm right, as a whole the community has agreed that needing for companions is wrong, as that is not considered a "need".

Edited by MillionsKNives

EVERYONE!!!!! Well, maybe not the people that I don't PUG, but when I pug, it's typically the Sith Jugg who has 21k and wants to tank... when my sorc has 15k more health than him (and the dude is rocking sorc gear anyways with a green implant from level 17). That exact scenario has only happened once or twice, but I refuse to pug anymore. Just too much time wasted

EVERYONE!!!!! Well, maybe not the people that I don't PUG, but when I pug, it's typically the Sith Jugg who has 21k and wants to tank... when my sorc has 15k more health than him (and the dude is rocking sorc gear anyways with a green implant from level 17). That exact scenario has only happened once or twice, but I refuse to pug anymore. Just too much time wasted

Yeah, pretty much that. I used to PUG. Then I got sick of all the garbage mentioned in this thread and more and did it a whole lot less. Then I found a guild filled with adults who appreciate team-oriented play.

I'll still PUG... but only KDY and only while I'm leveling alts and I /leave at the first sign of idiocy.

No one irritates me in flashpoints. Grow up.

Try running HM Cad with 2 players that have 17k health and don't understand / won't listen when you explain mechanics, especially the last boss with the fire, or even the first boss with the bloody robot and they just get caught in the orange box ("arrested") multiple times in one encounter.... Even Mando Raiders is a challenge for new tanks who refuse to listen to the optimal way (tank the dude by the shield door and dps the dogs as far away from him as possible while still enabling the healer to do their job. Once the tank gets cc'd, retaunt to prevent the buff to the dogs), or the final boss where the tank wants to only tank the boss and ignore the turrets completely.... Spending an hour on a FP is fine. Spending 2 hours and racking up a 70k + repair bill is not. Be reasonable before telling people to grow up, and understand that not everyone may have the same experiences as you.

Try running HM Cad with 2 players that have 17k health and don't understand / won't listen when you explain mechanics, especially the last boss with the fire, or even the first boss with the bloody robot and they just get caught in the orange box ("arrested") multiple times in one encounter.... Even Mando Raiders is a challenge for new tanks who refuse to listen to the optimal way (tank the dude by the shield door and dps the dogs as far away from him as possible while still enabling the healer to do their job. Once the tank gets cc'd, retaunt to prevent the buff to the dogs), or the final boss where the tank wants to only tank the boss and ignore the turrets completely.... Spending an hour on a FP is fine. Spending 2 hours and racking up a 70k + repair bill is not. Be reasonable before telling people to grow up, and understand that not everyone may have the same experiences as you.

That still wouldn't irritate me. It's just a game, you shouldn't be playing if you get easily irritated.

I very, very rarely do flashpoints if at all. But sometimes I'll sneak into one just to do it and help some people if they really need it. I can't stand the ones that are just rush, rush, rush, rush constantly, don't take the time to chill out, kick back and watch the stories then say stuff like "SPACEBAR!! OMG OMG JUST SKIP IT ALREADY!!!" then when you say "I am not skipping it, I like to watch" they call you names or tell you to leave or something like that. I dislike that very much.

No one irritates me in flashpoints. Grow up.

You've now moved past simply expressing your viewpoint about "never ignoring other players" into open contempt of other people that don't share your views.

If you're so zen about player behavior in game, why can't you apply that to this topic in the forums as well?

Edited by Khevar

wow... just wow...

you don't even realize just how self centered you are. (and no, that's not calling you names) these so called personal rules of conduct are in fact something that's been adopted across multiple MMO's over the years by people who, you know actualy play mmo's becasue they are MMO's..

I don't even group in any manor in SWTOR I am just a outside third party who stating why they don't group ... yet I am selfish an self centered because I choose not to group do to OTHER people actions ?

So who is self centered Choose A or B

A Someone who just plays their way and allows others the same freedom

( I personally when I do group in games I really easy going I don't care how any one platys in a group because I understand its a RANDOM group and I have no right to expect anyone else to conform to any opinion I have) unless are trying to force their view s on me or violating the games official [/b ] tos or code of conduct then I just[b] report the official infraction without ranting about it on the forums or in the actual battle. )

If we win we win if we don't we don't its not a huge deal just queue up again

B someone in your opinion who insist that there is a "right" way to do things contrary to the official rules set by the game owners

MM0 by definition I s simply a system in which multiple people can access the same environment at the same time . that's it so your mmo comment really makes no sees .

the term MMO does not imply any socialization in any form by said people access that environment. Those are all options just like pvp is an option . So your comment about people playing mmos because they are mmos make no sense .

Maybe that's why YOU play mmo but it is not a Requirement inherent to mmos .

I am personally just here for the story and have no plans at this particular moment to do any flashpoints join any guilds or do any pvp. And I managed to get to level 55 completely on my own . Which also proves my point about regarding the nature of mmo.

Let me guess, you didn't even read his list. You just took the first person you saw with bullet points and decided to kick off into rant mode.

Interesting that you should mention that, seeing as the closest anyone has come to saying that the group should "do everything as efficiently as possible" was that essentially new players should "follow the group's lead".".

Show me the Bioware rule that says you cant need for companions if you cant show me the rule then you are as you accused me being selfish and expecting everyone to conform to your opions.

And yes my use of the list was valid it was used as a general example of why I don't group in SWTOR

Edited by _NovaBlast_

That still wouldn't irritate me. It's just a game, you shouldn't be playing if you get easily irritated.

I'm with ya Reno. I enjoy the new players, the casuals and the vets all the same...I play to have fun.

Show me the Bioware rule that says you cant need for companions .

Show me the BioWare rule that says you can't need indiscriminately for everything that ever gives you the option to roll need on. Also, you didn't actually read the last part did you? You know, the part where I said that it's been decided and enforced by the community as a whole.

And yes my use of the list was valid it was used as a general example of why I don't group in SWTOR

So...you didn't read it. It generally helps that when you make an argument and are responding to someone else that you actually have a response that relates to what they said, instead of using it as a thin jumping off point for your own unrelated rants.