Petition to revert the item rating display changed in 2.7

ViciousFett

Please, different players have different ability and adapt to it. I am simply not good enough to play in green gear on the level that the game drops off. :) My Primary Companion is equipped to the same level as the toon; in some cases better, because their AI is better than I, lol. (I often spend too much time finding targets off my immediate view, they never do; I don't move well, they do; I forget to use abilities, they don't). Generally, I aim to make the one companion I like to play with viable rather than playing with the one that gives me most pluses. I also divide and conquer to only have to get to know and equip 2 to 3 companions per toon per campaign. All 5 will simply be too much (i.e. after trying to run with Akaavi in her default on Quesh until she gets her 1000 kills, I gave up on using Akaavi till I play a male Smug & brought Riggs back, even though it would have been possible to just swap their gear between them).

EDIT: But I do save all the blue items I pick and send them to my next generation of characters, so they can use it as they level at appropriate times to cut down on crafting.

Edited by DomiSotto

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This change was a waste of resources, but what's done is done. Let's not compound it by wasting even more resources changing things back. People will get used to the new way soon enough.

IMO BW should put all possible resources into new planets, levels, missions etc. and not these kinds of trivialities. Before they get steamrolled by the new competition.

All of the people who think that the new item change is "easy enough" to grasp obviously haven't been leveling any alts lately. It's manageable for 55, sure... but like people have been saying, it's the leveling that makes it most confusing.

It takes so much more unnecessary time to check your gear to ensure that your "gear rating" is up to par with your level, instead of just being able to mouse over and confirm that your gear LEVEL is close to your current LEVEL. That's all we're saying here. I agree that at the very least, there needs to be an option to toggle both displays. Bad move on Bioware's part.

I'm keen enough to figure out if my gear is up to date while leveling, but most other players aren't. So this is going to mean running flashpoints and pvp with players that have absolutely garbage gear because they don't know any better. Problem? Definitely.

Well, dying is a good deterrent to not keeping tabs on it - I do not think it will be that bad as to have 6+ levels problem. Then again, I only cue for FPs when I have freshly updated gear (that's if I have the nerve), and I check gear every odd level. There is a system to my madness.

stop moaning, in about 2 weeks ( even the slowest Brains ) everyone is used to it....

its an easy System, i dont say its better or worse then the old one but damn it there is absolutely no need to waste manpower just to get the old numbers back

Edited by rlionherz

stop moaning, in about 2 weeks ( even the slowest Brains ) everyone is used to it....

its an easy System, i dont say its better or worse then the old one but damn it there is absolutely no need to waste manpower just to get the old numbers back

Think as the old gear is gradually replaced and people concentrate on just the new stuff it becomes easier. As of now i'm training myself to look for 180 gear and 169 gear anything below that i dont even bother. Eventually people will be in all one level of gear and realize that ># equals upgrade.

Those of you who don't care about the change...why are you even posting in this thread? It's a petition for Bioware to revert the changes, not a "let's debate the changes" thread. You don't want to change back? Then don't post.

/signed

Leveling up, it is just confusing. I have to open the item, and cursor over each mod now to see what level they are, so I know if I need to upgrade them or not... Just keep the old way, at least for the non 50+ ones please!!!!!!

Nope. Not signing. I'm already used to the new system. No need to go back.

In fact, I think it is much better now. Less cluttered. While you are leveling look at the level requirement if you can't figure out the numbers. At 55 you should know your rating and what you aspire to if you are playing endgame.

Those of you who don't care about the change...why are you even posting in this thread? It's a petition for Bioware to revert the changes, not a "let's debate the changes" thread. You don't want to change back? Then don't post.

Because if only supporters of a petition are allowed to post in those threads, the supporters get to claim unanimous support for it. Besides, I'm sure if we created a thread titled "Petition to keep the item rating display changed in 2.7", nobody signing this one would post there, right?? :rolleyes:

Because if only supporters of a petition are allowed to post in those threads, the supporters get to claim unanimous support for it. Besides, I'm sure if we created a thread titled "Petition to keep the item rating display changed in 2.7", nobody signing this one would post there, right?? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that if Bioware saw a 3 page thread for "revert the changes" they would realize there wasn't much support for it. And that whole "they would do it to us so let's do it to them" attitude, yeah...that's really working out well for these boards. :rolleyes:

Because it is a thread on the General Discussion Forum where people come to... discuss things, as one generally does in a forum.

If you want to create a straightforward petition, go to ipetitions.com or thepetitionsite.com, if you're posting here you should be expecting some back-and-forth.

There's a reason the forum "Rules of Conduct" specifically say:

Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.
Edited by DarthDymond

Advanced Skill Barrel 28

Mod rating 66

Item rating 156

Skill Barrel 28

Mod rating 66

Item rating 148

Skill Barrel 28

Mod rating 66

Item rating 138

which one seems superfluous and confusing ?

In the whole history of MMOs, purple has always been better than blue which was better than green.

Your question is like saying that comparing a lvl 13 green item to a lvl 13 purple item is confusing when it is not. That's the same comparison that you can make with your 66 purple and your 66 blue.

Till recently people were referring to UW gear by 72 and Oriconian by 78 not 168 and 180 for the simple reason that item rating is not as intituitive as mod rating.

They definitely needed to get rid of one of the 3 stats but in my opinion mod rating was not the right option.

Edited by demotivator

Oh, so it has historic roots? I remember when I started reading the rules, and I thought it was some kind of insanity. Took me some time to understand it refers to the border around the item, not the background shading of the picture. Interesting. :) Edited by DomiSotto

/Signed I HATE having the rating number instead of the mod number. At least give us a switch to choose which to display. Then everyone gets what they want.

I completely understand that the Mod number can have different ratings depending on whether it is green, blue, or purple. I Don't Care!! That is why it should be a switch to allow you to choose which one to display. :mad:

So showing the item rating at the top of tool tip wasn't good enough for the voyeurs? After all, that number was displayed on every piece of gear, at every level. The only people obviously served by this are the "window peekers" that spam for SM ops with "gear will be checked". So now, if a crafted lvl 53 enhancement is better for my class than what's offered from comms/comm gear, I won't qualify for an Op because my gear score is "too low"? That's the only thing this change really does, is let anal people be more anal about what gear you're using/not using according to what they see is best. Which, as somebody defending this change pointed out earlier is "big numbers are better". They forgot to say "even if it means you're stacking alacrity, instead of defense, shield or absorb on your tank".

/signed with the addendum that they could have just as easily put the rating in parenthesis after the old number, and made everybody happy.

Your question is like saying that comparing a lvl 13 green item to a lvl 13 purple item is confusing when it is not. That's the same comparison that you can make with your 66 purple and your 66 blue.

What about a level 18 green vs a level 13 purple? Which one is better? With item levels, you need to compare them stat-for-stat. With item ratings, the rating tells you which is better. That is why item rating is superior for gearing while leveling. For end-game gear, it doesn't matter, because it's all purple at that point.

Not signed. The new system is better than the old one, it just takes getting used to. I am not used to it yet personally, but its easy to see that items having two numbers assigned to them instead of three is a better system. Having one number assigned to them would be even better.

Like the seasons, things are subject to change. Not every winter is a pleasant one, Nor is every summer flawless. It's not a change I'm thrilled about honestly, However, it's not a serious issue either. I don't think it should be considered a thorn in ones side personally.

What about a level 18 green vs a level 13 purple? Which one is better? With item levels, you need to compare them stat-for-stat. With item ratings, the rating tells you which is better. That is why item rating is superior for gearing while leveling. For end-game gear, it doesn't matter, because it's all purple at that point.

Purples are rarity while leveling. They're certainly not needed at any extent. Not even blues, which are simply more common than anything else. So these kind of situations will be rare. More so, these differences between purples/blue/greens are negligible for leveling.

So, gear rating is good for exceptional situations, to show trivial differences. The cost of that is a simple, intuitive and effective systems. Sounds like a bad trade. Espejitos de colores.

Edited by wainot-keel

So showing the item rating at the top of tool tip wasn't good enough for the voyeurs? After all, that number was displayed on every piece of gear, at every level. The only people obviously served by this are the "window peekers" that spam for SM ops with "gear will be checked". So now, if a crafted lvl 53 enhancement is better for my class than what's offered from comms/comm gear, I won't qualify for an Op because my gear score is "too low"? That's the only thing this change really does, is let anal people be more anal about what gear you're using/not using according to what they see is best. Which, as somebody defending this change pointed out earlier is "big numbers are better". They forgot to say "even if it means you're stacking alacrity, instead of defense, shield or absorb on your tank".

/signed with the addendum that they could have just as easily put the rating in parenthesis after the old number, and made everybody happy.

That is hilarious. So the fact that instead of spamming fleet with "72+ required" and now saying "168+ required" for a pug op will change something?