Petition to revert the item rating display changed in 2.7

ViciousFett

What about a level 18 green vs a level 13 purple? Which one is better? With item levels, you need to compare them stat-for-stat. With item ratings, the rating tells you which is better. That is why item rating is superior for gearing while leveling. For end-game gear, it doesn't matter, because it's all purple at that point.

This is exactly why pure Item level rating is superior. There is NO guessing on which item is actually better (or is considered a higher rating). The biggest issue with the previous system was trying to glance at your gear and making heads or tails out of a colors and numbers.

Now I can mouse over my gear and see the definitive answer. Keep the current system or add a display toggle. I don't care if they add a toggle but don't go BACK to the old system.

And for those who say they can't adapt, you will.

Edited by Arkerus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know the level of the item, how about BW fixes something that is actually broken instead of something that isn't.

Whilst they are at it lets drop level numbers shall we? Give out toons a character rating instead of 1-55

"what level are you?"

"dunno, icon says I'm rated 126"

I am not saying I think that this was a great or even needed change, but I really do not see why so much complaining about it. I went in just now and took a shot of this item on my level 25 character. The required level is right there and it is determined by the highest power mod in the item. The greens/blues/purples show this level requirement as well.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/99random/Screenshot_2014-04-19_09_59_42_951487.jpg

Whats funny is this is not even a new system.

It has technically always been this way.

How do I know? Because I've been looking at item ratings and not levels for more than 2 years now.

Do you know why? Because there has always been a toggle in preferences that let you turn on viewing more stats, and the view more stats option would turn on the ratings

It even changed the quests (ops quests) that displayed which ratings you needed for which modes.

What did this patch change? it flipped the toggle option to force everyone to display the gear ratings (that some of us were already using). This actually simplifies things now. Now everyone has to use the rating system instead of some people on ratings and some people on levels.

The ratings system was always there, some of you just never looked before. It seems like BW wants to make sure everyone is on the same ratings system before even more gear comes out.

That is hilarious. So the fact that instead of spamming fleet with "72+ required" and now saying "168+ required" for a pug op will change something?

What exactly was fixed by this? Displaying item ratings? That was already done, so nope. As a poster mentions later, you could already see item ratings on the various mods in the gear by flipping a toggle, which I have flipped, btw. No matter what, you have a minimum of 3 numbers to track if you're that worried about your gear score, or mine; rating for armoring, mods, enhancements, where applicable, and overall item rating. Since you could toggle on the switch already to see ratings on everything, what needed changed? As I said, they could have left it like it was, and added the item rating in parenthesis after the original number, and everyone would have what they wanted.

While they're fixing that, they could take a potshot at the voyeurs by adding a toggle to disallow people looking at your gear. That'll really make some people mad, now wouldn't it? Especially those that are almost too busy inspecting your gear to run the Ops they're spamming to do.

On that note, can someone confirm the following?:

180 = 78

168 = 72

162 = 69

156 = 66

148 = 61

140 = 58

That's my understanding of the new vs old rating system. However, I saw some 186 gear so that confused me a bit. Didnt know it went that high...

No one commented on this, so I'm assuming it's correct? Item levels and rating were a real pain in the *** to deal with, and I never learned.

On that note, can someone confirm the following?:

180 = 78

168 = 72

162 = 69

156 = 66

148 = 61

140 = 58

That's my understanding of the new vs old rating system. However, I saw some 186 gear so that confused me a bit. Didnt know it went that high...

Correct for all the ones you listed from 180-156 at least, (In Dulfy we trust,) so I assume the other two are correct as well. 186 is the new tier of drops from NiM Dread Fortress.