Anyone else about to cancel?

Antediluvian_One

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I allready canceled because of the fps issues. I will join again as a happy customer for at least a few months if they fix the fps issues.

Dude get a decent computer. I run in the 100-110 fps everywhere. If you have a problem, its not because of the game. Its ur computer.

The problem here is that GOOD and BETTER PCs have trouble with this game too because the code is too demanding.

Despite the SIMPLE level design and level of detail, not even AA - the game sucks all the juice it can get, and it still struggles.

This is something bioware and driver manufacturers must coop on, because right now the game is heavily underperforming.

You are posting made up truths. Show some documentation with verified systems and Ill believe it. No one has had ANY problems in my guild over 100 strong. Minor bugs with the occasional quest, but most of the time what they thought was a bug was them doing it wrong.

Now my computer is pretty much as good as you can get. And Ive built several so I doubt your good and better analogy plays out.

After the first several days of putting up with this game, I am about to.

This game most definitely was NOT ready for release.

/snip

Please get it right.

Im not ready to cancel, I am sick of reading posts like this on every single MMO iv ever played.

MMO's are never finished

Dude get a decent computer. I run in the 100-110 fps everywhere. If you have a problem, its not because of the game. Its ur computer.

There are lagit issues right now with fps even on some higher end machines, my wifes is 1 of them and it should have no problem running this game 2 times over. Plus thats not a fair comment to make when not everyone has cash to burn like it seems alot of posters on these forums seem to have.

Back to the OP...

While I dont plan to cancel right now, I am having fun, I have considered it and will still think it over as we get closer to the end of the 30days.

Overall I think the game has alot going for it, but there are still alot of issues (both bugs and lacking features) that are really holding this game back... Such as a good way to find FP groups without spaming in fleet.

Mu gosh re-summoning companion doesn't take that long like 3 seconds? It can get annoying but hardly game-breaking

Yes there are nodes that you can't interact with but is that really game-breaking?

fps issues are bound to happen. Server load internet spikes. I don't have the greatest of systems but it runs pretty good.

I don't know any game that has been released that don't have bugs in it------ never. There have always been patches etc.

Wow had so many more issues upon release. TOR is one of the smoothest MMO Launches I have ever experienced.

I can understand Que frustration. Did you not see the reports of TOR being the fastest growing MMO to hit 1 million? That's a lot of players. Yes the 1 hour ques are tough to handle so log in,

wait in que,

clean you room,

do some push ups

Clean the house

post on facebook and check back

Edited by DarthTenor

I don't have any trouble with the game at all, and I play on a full server, so I find it funny that you blame the game for your crappy fps and not your computer ;)

"if your computer is bad, open the cabinet and check if the stuff inside is made of wood" simple

Not at all..

this is one of the most polished MMOs i have played at launch, if not the most. I have been playing them since Neverwinter Nights in '94, and have been through a lot of launches. I look forward to the "rage" on forums during launch time, typcally its more entertaining than the game itself. :D

I don't play a BH, so i can't comment on that, but everything else you mentioned is pretty minor in my book.

I typically hate themepark MMOs as well. But i'm enjoying the story in this game a lot (more than i thought i would, thats for sure), so i came in looking to not like the game at all. We'll see how long i last after an alt or two, but.....

Nice job Bioware.:)

Edited by Tic-

Not at all..

this is one of the most polished MMOs i have played at launch, if not the most. I have been playing them since Neverwinter Nights in '94, and have been through a lot of launches. I look forward to the "rage" on forums, typcally its more entertaining than the game itself.

I don't play a BH, so i can't comment on that, but everything else you mentioned is pretty minor in my book.

I typically hate themepark MMOs as well. But i'm enjoying the story in this game a lot (more than i thought i would, thats for sure), so i came in looking to not like it. We'll see how long i last after an alt or two, but.....

Nice job Bioware.:)

I agree with you on the not-cancelling-part. But dude: Neverwinter Nights came out in 2002. ;)

I allready canceled because of the fps issues. I will join again as a happy customer for at least a few months if they fix the fps issues.

No FPS issues here on a i7 sandybridge with ATI/AMD graphics.

Rift was (and still is) harder on the hardware then this game is, I was pleasantly suprised by how well it runs given the scope of some of the worlds.

People need to ditch the Dells/Gateways/HPs/Acers...and other prebuilt crap sandwiches with onboard or budget graphics solutions.

One last thing, and I know this is may shock some of you, but the "year" of your computer really has nothing to do with it's expected performance.

"This game is trash, I can't do anything it's like a slideshow blah blah blah this is not acceptable, my pc/laptop is a 2009, I should have no problem running this game"

....yes...I was talking about that guy.

Even the people with star wars tattoos and 1000+ days ingame in SWG are starting to rage-quit.

The game is miss-focused, bugged, boring, plain and doesn't provide any reward for actually playing it.

Bioware... with heavy influence from EA I assume, lacks in costumer support, community interaction and understanding of the mmo genre.

The community itself is split, there are haters, fanboys, nerds n noobs. Nothing in-game can hold them together.

It'll be another Rift. CU in 6 months after multible merges, it is another fail to put on the long list of mmo failures.

Stop hating me, let time be the judge.:)

Even the people with star wars tattoos and 1000+ days ingame in SWG are starting to rage-quit.

The game is miss-focused, bugged, boring, plain and doesn't provide any reward for actually playing it.

Bioware... with heavy influence from EA I assume, lacks in costumer support, community interaction and understanding of the mmo genre.

The community itself is split, there are haters, fanboys, nerds n noobs. Nothing in-game can hold them together.

It'll be another Rift. CU in 6 months after multible merges, it is another fail to put on the long list of mmo failures.

seeing as 2/3 of this post is garbage, i think ill keep on hating you. :)

This game most definitely was NOT ready for release. The bugs are too numerous to list and many are major ones. Bioware is not paying me for my time to generate a proper bug report and so I will not further waste it.

Here are just a few...

1. Numerous archeology nodes on every planet I've been to so far cannot be interacted with. Mousing over the node does not cause the cursor to change and right clicking on the node does nothing. Yet it shows up on the map as a node. A minor thing perhaps, but very annoying when you kill your way through a bunch of mobs to get to it. How did such a thing make it to release?

2. When interacting with a pvp gear vendor, selecting the sort option to show me only gear that is useable by my character does nothing. I am still shown the complete list of gear available even though I cannot use the vast majority of it.

3. I constantly need to dismiss and then re-summon my companion to get him to be with me when I jump off even a small ledge or rock. This is not 100% of the time, but often enough that I wish I had a macro for it.

These are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head. If I actually cataloged every problem encountered in the game, I could write a book.

Here is the BIG one.

My son's BH has been completely prevented from progressing in the game as he cannot move past a class quests.

This is now known to apply to male BHs as well as my son has experienced it. Right now, he cannot progress his character at all and this condition is going on two full days now. The reply to his in-game ticket took well over 24 hours and it was a canned reply at that.

24+ hours for a canned reply with no specific information about what is being done to resolve the issue nor any estimate of a time frame to do so? This company knows nothing about customer "support".

My gameplay experience is well less than optimal and I am now wondering why I payed for 3-months up front.

I am now about to go see if I can cancel the account for a full refund.

Bioware...

You seriously need to fix this game. It has great potential and there is much to like about it.

However, it was (still is) NOT ready for release. Not even close. I for one would much preferred to of waited another month or three for a more mature product than to be asked to pay a subscription just so that I can beta test it.

Please get it right.

Nope, not going to cancel because of a bugs in game, but may because of bugs on the forums.

I don't have any trouble with the game at all, and I play on a full server, so I find it funny that you blame the game for your crappy fps and not your computer ;)

"if your computer is bad, open the cabinet and check if the stuff inside is made of wood" simple

Research a bit before posting, there is a 500+ thread post on customer service forums with people having fps issues even on high end machines... So yes this is a game breaking problem for many.

I will also keep hating you.

why would I cancel one of the greatest mmo that has come out since wow?

Everything they told me I was getting they gave me. Everything I wanted in a star wars game they gave me.

They already made a ton of money, enough to cover the cost of the game. So if you want to cancel over petty things go for it.

Also, Im not sure about the fps thing. My wifes computer is like 6 years old and she runs it fine. Seems to me like that is a personal problem not a game one.

This game most definitely was NOT ready for release. The bugs are too numerous to list and many are major ones. Bioware is not paying me for my time to generate a proper bug report and so I will not further waste it.

Here are just a few...

1. Numerous archeology nodes on every planet I've been to so far cannot be interacted with. Mousing over the node does not cause the cursor to change and right clicking on the node does nothing. Yet it shows up on the map as a node. A minor thing perhaps, but very annoying when you kill your way through a bunch of mobs to get to it. How did such a thing make it to release?

If this was something to quit for, every single herbalist in wow would've stopped playing when they reached twilight highlands.

2. When interacting with a pvp gear vendor, selecting the sort option to show me only gear that is useable by my character does nothing. I am still shown the complete list of gear available even though I cannot use the vast majority of it.

Getting the same thing, really annoying, and should've been fixed before release tbh.

3. I constantly need to dismiss and then re-summon my companion to get him to be with me when I jump off even a small ledge or rock. This is not 100% of the time, but often enough that I wish I had a macro for it.

Haven't been an issue for me, I've only had to do it once.

These are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head. If I actually cataloged every problem encountered in the game, I could write a book.

Here is the BIG one.

My son's BH has been completely prevented from progressing in the game as he cannot move past a class quests.

This is now known to apply to male BHs as well as my son has experienced it. Right now, he cannot progress his character at all and this condition is going on two full days now. The reply to his in-game ticket took well over 24 hours and it was a canned reply at that.

I'm playing a male BH as well, and I haven't encounted it. Which quest is it?

24+ hours for a canned reply with no specific information about what is being done to resolve the issue nor any estimate of a time frame to do so? This company knows nothing about customer "support".

My gameplay experience is well less than optimal and I am now wondering why I payed for 3-months up front.

I am now about to go see if I can cancel the account for a full refund.

Bioware...

You seriously need to fix this game. It has great potential and there is much to like about it.

However, it was (still is) NOT ready for release. Not even close. I for one would much preferred to of waited another month or three for a more mature product than to be asked to pay a subscription just so that I can beta test it.

Please get it right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.