Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Anyone else about to cancel?

Antediluvian_One

Game is amazing. Cancelling? Don't be ridiculous.

Bugs? What bugs? I've not experienced any problems whatsoever. That's a lie, one time a quest bugged out and couldn't be turned in, but a quick relog fixed it.

I run the game on max settings and it runs fine. Looks BEAUTIFUL btw on max settings, so the people calling the graphics "old" just make me chuckle. Go to max settings and explore Tatooine for example and tell me how "old" the graphics look.

Combat is exciting, story is engrossing and makes you feel epic. I pity those who either can't run the game or for some reason experience bugs that none of my friends are experiencing. Game itself is lush and filled with content, most impressive MMO launch i've played to date.

The potential of this game is galactic in proportion.

As a side note I see people complaining about graphic lag (fps).. and it turns out they're running 4 year old junk computers or pitiful laptops with onboard video cards, etc etc. If you're a gamer, do your research and get a real gaming system. Saying you have a "new" computer doesn't mean it can run any game out there. The parts matter. That being said I do think they'll make adjustments so that weaker systems can run the game better, quite confident they will.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it comes down to this: if you've played an MMO before, especially at launch, you know this game is doing fantastically well.

It depends, no major disaster during launch, OK agree.

What about bugs, witch supposed to be filtered out during Beta. To me it looks like Bioware guys playing golf instead of this game. Or they are blind and don't see game breaking bugs.

Bioware had chance and they screwed up, buy releasing beta code not gold code.

Witch makes Bioware no different to any other developers, tends to be that peoples thinking more about money than final product.

Edited by Chaffery

Everything is running smooth on my end. I am still enjoying the game. Then again most of the time I am patient with new releases, try not to come to too many conclusions untill the game has been out for a couple months.

I am sticking around for awhile from what I've seen so far. This game plays well.

I think it comes down to this: if you've played an MMO before, especially at launch, you know this game is doing fantastically well. If you bought this game just because you like Star Wars or because you were a KotOR fan, then you don't really know what you're talking about. MMOs operate differently than single players games, and I think this game has just appealed to a wider audience that doesn't really understand that. If you did, you wouldn't be complaining about all this trivial BS.

This. Especially the first sentence. 6th MMO and this one is by far the most impressive launch yet. Which only makes the future that much brighter.

It depends, no major disaster during launch, OK agree.

What about bugs, witch supposed to be filtered out during Beta. To me it looks like Bioware guys playing golf instead of this game. Or they are blind and don't see game breaking bugs.

Bioware had chance and they screwed up, buy releasing beta code not gold code.

Witch makes Bioware no different to any other developers, tends to be that peoples thinking more about money than final product.

This is just ignorance talking. There were tons of bugs fixed during beta but not everything can be caught and sometimes fixing one problem causes another. That's the nature of programming.

The mechanics are Fail. Please read here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=74016

I still disagree. I've experienced that but it's not an issue to wait half a second before moving when mounting. It's not game breaking, it's not "Failed mechanics". If you don't like it, I'm sorry, hopefully you'll find a game you do like soon but that doesn't mean the game is a failure.

Can't say I plan on cancelling yet. Sure, I come across a buggy node here and there. Reported it (took me all of 10 seconds, hardly worth asking payment for...). The game does need work, but I haven't hit a part yet where I've genuinely felt like cancelling.

However, when I do feel like cancelling, I'm probably not going to come here and announce it. BioWare's gonna know full well when someone cancels their sub without a thread about it, and I won't think for one second any community member on here is going to personally care that someone else is cancelling their sub. :rolleyes:

Though there are minor problems, it's laughable when people generalise and say that that imples that the whole game has failed.

I think it's a great game, and given the amount of traffic now during launch I can only applaud bioware on how well they've done.

Small bugs/graphic glitches will get sorted out, have some patience.

Something I do not understand is everyone ************ about everything going on. I have played many games and many MMO's. The way a game gets better is 1.) People stay around and keep at it. For a company will cancel a game if there isn't enough money coming out of said game. 2.) People stay and help with the production, give bug reports, continue testing and pushing the game where Beta Testers and Dev's missed. The game will not be good and many people keep leaving.

I remember when WoW first came out, it was ****. Now look at it where it is 6 or 7 years down the road. Stay with the game and the Dev's will continue fixing and patching and adding.

-Nal'reim Qyan, Jedi Medical Corps.

It's initial launch of a new game. Saying this game is fail is downright silly. This game isn't for everyone sorry it didn't have the resounding epicness you thought it did as for myself I've enjoyed this game thoroughly and see it's potential in the long run.

As far as launches go this was by far one of the smoother launches of an MMO with plenty of content for low to mid level where most people are right now. Sorry that you've decided to cancel but posts like these drive me a little nuts thinking they have to say why they're leaving or to get some attention.

I remember when WoW first came out, it was ****. Now look at it where it is 6 or 7 years down the road.

it's still ****... what was your point? lol

but ya been here trough beta and the game is running great and was one of the better games I've played upon release... didn't have 1/10th the problems most AAA mmos i've played had at launch.. or sometimes still had month/years later... but people do love to complain and cause drama over insignificant things...

This is just ignorance talking. There were tons of bugs fixed during beta but not everything can be caught and sometimes fixing one problem causes another. That's the nature of programming.

If some one is ignorant here, then that is you. If you create another bug buy fixing first one then you are no good for job. Change profession for more suitable to your skills.

Are you actually begging developers world wide release more bugged games?

That is what exactly developers expecting, find fools, who are ready to adopt and pay them for that.

I'm not even close to wanting to quit, heck I've already rolled my first alt.

As for 1, 2, 3 of the OP's post, that's not really that much of a problem. His son's issue, ok that's a legitmate bug.

But heck I'm rolling out for the fun of it, got my main going with my friends and have an alt to roll with the couple of people I know that didn't get the game till the 20th and having fun with all of them.

There's a few graphic's glitches here and there, like the Mask of Revan is just a bunch of black pixels in the cut scene, sometimes Khem Val's mouth doesn't move when he speaks.

But the way I know the games is awesome, While I'm here at work I'm thinking about my Assassin and my Bounty Hunters, just wanting to get back in the game to see what is going to happen in their storylines.

As for an MMO Launch, this has been one of the better ones I've been apart of. My server if it has a que has only been 10-30 mins, but every game I've played at launch has had a que for a while.

Yeah I might too I'm having the same issues. Sorry Bioware but this game is a fail.

ROFL I love posts like this. Game is fail how? Some minor bugs a couple days after launch? LMAO. You must be new to the launches of mmo's. I would have loved to see you at WoW's and all others launch. In fact I can see it now....

WoW 4 days after launch "domtriga - Game is fail".

AoC 4 days after launch "same as above"

etc.

You know this game is a huge success when the only complaints people have so far are minor bug issues WHICH happens this close after launch, people complaining about the UI which BioWare has already said that they will be making HUGE updates to it shortly, LFG finders which likely will be in place shortly, etc.

My advice is to not play any mmo until at least 6 months after launch if you can't handle some bugs at launch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.